• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Compliance modification

There are practical implications to a declaration like this ...

Suppose one's guns are taken due to an LTC suspension/revocation. The owner is in a tough situation when the PD says "We are keeping all the ARs with the fixed stocks until you prove they were in that configuration either before the ban or when you left the factory; we do not have to prove a thing. As a matter of fact we are thinking about filing charges".

Suppose one's guns are taken due to an LTC suspension/revocation. The owner is in a tough situation when the PD says "We are keeping all the ARs with the fixed stocks until you prove they were in that configuration either before the ban or when you left the factory; we do not have to prove a thing. As a matter of fact we are thinking about filing charges".
How is that not a blatant violation of an accused's 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendment Rights? I'll also argue post Bruen "Shall Issue" also means PD's can't revoke a license without a conviction. If someone's a danger in the time between an accusation and trial, they'd be in jail or a nuthouse making ownership of arms a non public safety issue.

The AG is staking out a position that an MA defined AW cannot be "made compliant". Note slide #36 from the dealer training:

View attachment 735793
So let me see if I understand how this works.
Dealer A modifies a so called AW to be compliant. Then Dealer A sells it to Dealer B. Since this is FFL to FFL, the MA AWB doesn't come into play.
Now Dealer B sells the compliant Gun to lowly citizen who only has an LTC.
The gun is technically compliant AND the seller didn't do the modification.
All GtG right? [devil]

or may not. and a 'win' there will only be granted if it makes it all the way to scotus that can take a decade of proceedings, and by the time it gets there - the scotus can look very different majority wise.
as with any political shit there are 0 guarantees for anything.
Who cares if it even reaches SCOTUS? Who cares if SCOTUS tosses it? Just like Bruen and NY, as soon as they loose, the scum will apply some other law to circumvent the SCOTUS decision.

I'm not going to Out the dealer but I just bought a handgun from another state and the dealer I picked said they would do the transfer IF it was "Ma. Compliant " so the state has trained the FFL's to do there work for them. I'm not blaming the dealer but blaming the attitude the AG office has instilled in the people, dealers and LE's into doing what they want. This Mother May I is and always be are downfall .

I’ve already had 2 people this exact Sanrio has happened to , the attorneys fees are still mounting for them , no resolution as of yet that I’m aware of

It seems very department dependent, town A could care less , while town B has a fetish over it

I’ve already had 2 people this exact Sanrio has happened to , the attorneys fees are still mounting for them , no resolution as of yet that I’m aware of

It seems very department dependent, town A could care less , while town B has a fetish over it
Are they pushing healey issues or AWB ones? The latter has been a problem since long before healey existed.

There never is going to be a prosecution. This is exactly the same as her original position just cast into training materials as gospel that's all it really is......

It's almost as if MA AG's have stock in gun shops and are just trying to inflate prices and increase business with scare tactics lol

I only recently learned about the "AW cannot be brought into compliance by removing evil feature" interpretation. It does not seem to get mentioned in the various threads about having barrels pinned, who does the best job of it. having dealers pin barrels before delivery, etc.

So she is making shit up too…wonderful

I'll take "How To Boil A Frog" for $1,0000, Alex.

Absolutely correct, and I lack the moral courage (as well as the postban rifles, lol) to test this stuff. But somebody somewhere, hopefully, is willing to be the Ernesto Miranda in this case. Say the CoP does what you're saying, though, and the person they do it to is the right sort of plaintiff for a civil rights lawsuit... yum.

I doubt it'll matter, personally. I believe the AG's office is probably not so dumb as to TRY to enforce this.
Constitutional rights ARE, by definition, civil rights.

How is that not a blatant violation of an accused's 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendment Rights? I'll also argue post Bruen "Shall Issue" also means PD's can't revoke a license without a conviction. If someone's a danger in the time between an accusation and trial, they'd be in jail or a nuthouse making ownership of arms a non public safety issue.
It is.

Now what are you going to do about it?

Throw money at an activist legal team
It is.

Now what are you going to do about it?
I would hope the few that manage to get into the states crosshairs, would/could be helped financially and represented by Comm2a’s attorneys. I think many other gun owners would donate to help with their legal fees to fight this BS
Well maybe assuming they’re not a POS and didn’t, for example, abuse their wife or kids and now their guns are under the microscope.

Is it bad that I don’t give a f*** about this shit anymore?
I’m going to say no. I think there are plenty of gun owners who said F*** ensuring my AR is “compliant” and is “registered” after the 2016 bullshit.
But as others here have alluded, do at your own risk.
I live a boring life so I hope my guns will never be scrutinized. But nothing is definite in life I realize.

Is it bad that I don’t give a f*** about this shit anymore? Do your best to stay out of trouble, check your risk tolerance, and live, laugh, love.

You only think you don't give a shit, because it all seems theoretical to you at this moment.

If you were sitting in an actual chair across the desk from an actual law enforcement officer for a booking interview I'm pretty sure you'd give a shit.

You only think you don't give a shit, because it all seems theoretical to you at this moment.

If you were sitting in an actual chair across the desk from an actual law enforcement officer for a booking interview I'm pretty sure you'd give a shit.
We all take risks everyday when we step out the door. There’s no sense in worrying about it. Making educated/informed decisions and keeping your Fn mouth shut will eliminate most of the risk.

We all take risks everyday when we step out the door. There’s no sense in worrying about it. Making educated/informed decisions and keeping your Fn mouth shut will eliminate most of the risk.

So what you're REALLY saying is: I don't think I'll ever get caught. At least the chance is remote enough that I can choose not to worry about it. Which is probably true.

Could also get elected, stack a PD to deliberately do this and intentionally lose the case to set a favorable precedent. /thinking like the left with their friendly sue and settle racket
I like the cut of your jib, good sir.

Could also get elected, stack a PD to deliberately do this and intentionally lose the case to set a favorable precedent. /thinking like the left with their friendly sue and settle racket
Thats cute right up till the DA gets a quiet call and gets told to drop it and it becomes a dismissal, the state can basically punt as many times as it wants. Krispy Kreme was doing this with NJ illegal carry cases along with shitberg because they were basically trying to tactically dodge what would eventually become Bruen. (Esp with that black single mom from PA that drove into NJ with her handgun in her purse or whatever).

Side note: It's kinda funny though Shitberg must be quietly pissed that Hochul et al basically just tossed his entire anti gun tactical playbook into the fireplace.... 🤣

Once again....
OIP.QbP3xvUQNXWR4wTWM9DWvgHaE1

You'll waste your life away dicking with these government fools......paying taxes that are turned around and used against you.

Back
Top Bottom