Danvers leads the way in concealed weapons

Beverly police also use the state's minimum requirements for concealed weapons permits. Lt. William Terry, who handles firearms applications for the department, declined to comment further on the department's policy.

I can't wait to get my license! I love Beverly [wink]

RJ,

The number of LEOs in MA who CCW off-duty is infinitesimal. In the small department that I worked in (26 FT, 35 PT), I only know of one officer who CCW'd all the time. I also know a number of past and present Boston PD officers and they none of them CCW'd off-duty.

• Much has to do with our anti-gun culture up here,
  • Much has to do with department policies that tend to box in any off-duty officer who gets involved,
  • And historically, when an officer gets jammed up here (MA) for doing something that the brass feels he/she shouldn't have, the unions (in most cases) aren't strong enough to effectively back their officers (and the towns are usually out to screw all their officers at any chance they get).

That's so unfortunate. What's the purpose of having 8 hour police officers? Its self defeating and allows for the type of BS we're talking about. [shocked]

And I agree with the union situation here. It seems ridiculous at best. Course I come from a different environment on all points, so my opinion is biased. [wink]

RJ

Yup, the brass has been known to discipline officers who act off duty and refuse to cover some who were injured as a result of acting while off duty.

Yup, the brass has been known to discipline officers who act off duty and refuse to cover some who were injured as a result of acting while off duty.

So, they just ignore events around them when off duty? I suppose discipline is based on the rules and regs the Department issues. What sort of acting off duty would get one punished?

What a crazy place... [sad2]

RJ

So, they just ignore events around them when off duty? I suppose discipline is based on the rules and regs the Department issues. What sort of acting off duty would get one punished?

What a crazy place... [sad2]

RJ
I wouldn't say ignore but just be a good observer like anyone else. It all depends on the situation the outcome of the situation and who the officer is.
I won't post anything here but if we meet sometime I can give you specific cases that I was personally involved in because of my being on the Executive Board of the union for a lot of years.

I won't post anything here but if we meet sometime I can give you specific cases that I was personally involved in because of my being on the Executive Board of the union for a lot of years.

You're on, amigo! I'd love to meet anyway and I can bore you with old war stores. [smile]

RJ

Back
Top Bottom