EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

I am filling out my first renewal. How do I answer question 6. "As required by 18U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B), ATF Form 5330.2 - CERTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE WITH 18 u.s.c. 922(g)(5)(B) - has been submitted for EACH responsible person in the firearms or ammunition business or collection activities. (The Form is a certification to citizenship.)

... NOTE: In spite of the application saying that ALL info MUST be supplied in item 9, the DIRECTIONS under Privacy Act (para 4) state clearly that the SSN is VOLUNTARY (and NOT mandatory). I don't suggest providing SSN, but that is just me. [I never did/do and have never been denied . . . except by MSP for BFS Instructor Certification and that is about to be resolved or face litigation in Federal Court.] ...

Thanks Len, for doing this thread.

How did you ever make out with this case?

My new C&R arrived today. Mailed out application on Oct 30, arrived today. 1 week shy of two months to get. Just got back from having plenty of copies made.

Greg

Holy cow! I was thinking I'd do one tonight in hopes to get it for New Year's. I guess not. I thought this was just a process of apply, and then have them mail it right out.

I have a few questions about the application, at the end it asks for address of the CLEO, is that the address for his office? (I presume so just want to be sure)

And finally at the end where i sign it, it asks for a title after the signature, what does the title mean?

I have a few questions about the application, at the end it asks for address of the CLEO, is that the address for his office? (I presume so just want to be sure)

And finally at the end where i sign it, it asks for a title after the signature, what does the title mean?

I filled mine out yesterday to take my mind off the pats going down in flames

title is "collector" you also need to put that in section 9---"position and ssn#"

also of course ignore section 10---I was confused on whether I should be putting my ltc # in there----not

address----yes you are correct--just the address of local pd

Last edited:
I filled mine out yesterday to take my mind off the pats going down in flames

title is "collector" you also need to put that in section 9---"position and ssn#"

also of course ignore section 10---I was confused on whether I should be putting my ltc # in there----not

address----yes you are correct--just the address of local pd

sweet thank you

Quick question - If I buy C&R eligible firearms using my C&R license, and then I decide not to renew, what (if anything do I need to do in terms of paperwork/bound book? What about selling said firearms at a later date? (These questions may have been answered already - I just don't feel like wading through 194 pages of posts...)

Thanks

Buck.

Quick question - If I buy C&R eligible firearms using my C&R license, and then I decide not to renew, what (if anything do I need to do in terms of paperwork/bound book? What about selling said firearms at a later date? (These questions may have been answered already - I just don't feel like wading through 194 pages of posts...)

Thanks

Buck.

used the advanced search option...might help out quicker.

Once you surrender or decline to renew it, you become another average Joe. You can choose to get rid of your bound book and buy/sell firearms like anyone else.

card charged on 1/25, received today ---5-1/2weeks

found out a non-shooting friend inherited his dad's enfield (rifle is in Virginia, he's here in mass)

now if I can only convince him to ship it to me for safekeeping........

edit update--4-21-14 looks like i may be getting the enfield ---and now i find out there may be a couple of other c&r eligible firearms involved??????? (can i say/hope m1???)

could be the best $30---$35???? dollars i ever spent.. don't think about getting the c&r---just do it

Last edited:
Here's a strange one...

I moved recently and mailed out the C&R amendment form on 2/20. I called yesterday to make sure they got it and were processing, and the monotone dude on the line said "We haven't received it yet." I checked the tracking # online just now and it says it was delivered 2/26.

'Sup with that?

Can I just leave the entire alien section blank since I'm applying as an individual and I'm a citizen? Ony phone atm but I think it's section 11.
Actually section 10
Thanks.

Last edited:
I just had to update my C&R to my new address. While the original C&R took about 3-4 weeks in late 2012, the updated license took four months.

Poking around the ATF website and have a couple of questions... If I'm buying a firearm aged 50+ from the LGS, no NICS check is required? What if the store is in another state, same thing? Can a C&R eligible handgun be shipped directly to me from an out-of-state private seller?

Poking around the ATF website and have a couple of questions... If I'm buying a firearm aged 50+ from the LGS, no NICS check is required? What if the store is in another state, same thing? Can a C&R eligible handgun be shipped directly to me from an out-of-state private seller?

Yes, Yes, and Yes

So what you're telling me is that this $30 license will allow me to buy, say, a WWII era 1911 from craigslist in another state and get it shipped straight to my house (with an FA10 to follow)? Well, that explains the title of this thread!

So what you're telling me is that this $30 license will allow me to buy, say, a WWII era 1911 from craigslist in another state and get it shipped straight to my house (with an FA10 to follow)? Well, that explains the title of this thread!

Legally yes. On the other hand, there are many non-MA dealers/distributors who will refuse to ship anything to MA even C&R guns to C&R FFL holders (which is perfectly legal).

Legally yes. On the other hand, there are many non-MA dealers/distributors who will refuse to ship anything to MA even C&R guns to C&R FFL holders (which is perfectly legal).
This is true even of ammo sales. However, if with a C&R I can buy from individuals, then I can't imagine it would be a problem. In my mind, the ability to engage in direct interstate commerce is the major draw of this license, as it vastly increases the market for the holder.

Back
Top Bottom