EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Within 7 days of it arriving in MA. Even once, plain English interpretation would be that you must register it, regardless of what you do with it after receiving it.

Are separate issues here about buying a C&R and storing it somewhere other than where the rest of your collection is? Is there any requirement for a C&R holder to store all C&R guns at the address on their license?

I mailed my app in weeks ago and no charge to my account yet. Is there any way to check on it, or just wait?

Here is a stupid question, If I have a second residence in another state, can I buy with my c&r in mass and simply bring it to that residence before the 7 days are up? or am I suppose to register it anyway?

Well since whatever you buy has to be delivered to the premises address shown on the C&R, if that address is in MA then you need to FA10 it since there would be undeniable proof that it was received in MA.

Are separate issues here about buying a C&R and storing it somewhere other than where the rest of your collection is? Is there any requirement for a C&R holder to store all C&R guns at the address on their license?

Thats a great question, maybe lens will have an answer...... I see they are looking for the county where the collection will be on the application IDK if that means it all has to be there

so I guess the only way to buy something legally and not FA10 it would be to buy it out of state and never bring it into massachusetts

Correct!

Well since whatever you buy has to be delivered to the premises address shown on the C&R, if that address is in MA then you need to FA10 it since there would be undeniable proof that it was received in MA.

You can have an "alternate address" on a C&R FFL. Unsure if they would do that for a 2nd state or not. If not, I don't know of anything that would prevent holding a 2nd C&R FFL for the 2nd state.

I'm unsure wrt storing all C&R guns at location on the license. And I fear to ask . . . as most agents are trained ONLY wrt dealers and their rules are different. The few C&R FFL audits that I was made aware of there were cases where agents insisted on things that are clearly NOT in accordance with the written law/regulations regarding C&R FFLs.

Had a FIVE-HOUR visit from the BATFE couple of weeks ago.

Admit it, you were expecting me to say something about getting grilled and JBTs. Sorry... Dawn is a very nice lady, and her, Luv2BFree and I sat and talked for 5 hours about all the things we legally can and can't do WHEN we get our FFL. Yeah... [smile] WHEN.

She says it's normally 4-6 weeks after the interview but because of the harsh winter, the FBI is backed up on processing fingerprint cards. Seems that their offices got closed along with everyone else when there was heavy snow and ice down there in the DC area. [laugh] Kind of funny at first blush but hey... the FBI has to drive in just like the rest of us.

Just finished up all my paperwork for my C&R. Going in the mail on Monday!!

- - - Updated - - -

Just finished up all my paperwork for my C&R. Going in the mail on Monday!!

Finally got around to filling out my paperwork and will be dropping it off at the post office tomorrow morning.

Update 5/12/14

Application went out in the mail on 5/8
Card was charged this morning 5/12

Last edited:
They said they received my application into their system on 3/27, no $30 charge yet...haven't heard a peep. More time to look at cool old stuff in preparation.

Im sure this is a dumb question, but in a log book in the acquisition section, theyre looking for "type". Im assuming they mean pistol, rifle, shotgun, etc.

Correct?

Im sure this is a dumb question, but in a log book in the acquisition section, theyre looking for "type". Im assuming they mean pistol, rifle, shotgun, etc.

This is what I love about the Brownell's bound book, it has a bunch of examples in it to show you how its filled out for different scenarios.

Have a sinking feeling that my first renewal got screwed up. The $30 fee from January was credited back into my account on Friday. I'll be calling the ATF on Monday. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Five hours?

Had a FIVE-HOUR visit from the BATFE couple of weeks ago.

Admit it, you were expecting me to say something about getting grilled and JBTs. Sorry... Dawn is a very nice lady, and her, Luv2BFree and I sat and talked for 5 hours about all the things we legally can and can't do WHEN we get our FFL. Yeah... [smile] WHEN.

She says it's normally 4-6 weeks after the interview but because of the harsh winter, the FBI is backed up on processing fingerprint cards. Seems that their offices got closed along with everyone else when there was heavy snow and ice down there in the DC area. [laugh] Kind of funny at first blush but hey... the FBI has to drive in just like the rest of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Five hours?

I doubt that dwarven1's visit had anything to do with a C&R FFL. IIRC he's applied for a 01 or 07 FFL in VT and that interview process is rather lengthy before they approve a dealer or mfr FFL! Thus, his post didn't belong in this thread. [slap] [wink]

----------------

Back to C&R FFLs.

My renewal application arrived Saturday. Just dropped it off at the USPO. We'll see how many months it takes to process this time . . . last time it was >3 months and only after Scott Brown's office intervened at my request.

Sounds like a productive meeting.

Roy, there are a LOT of regs an FFL has to follow. And I had a lot of questions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

That makes sense.

I doubt that dwarven1's visit had anything to do with a C&R FFL. IIRC he's applied for a 01 or 07 FFL in VT and that interview process is rather lengthy before they approve a dealer or mfr FFL! Thus, his post didn't belong in this thread. [slap] [wink]

----------------

Back to C&R FFLs.

My renewal application arrived Saturday. Just dropped it off at the USPO. We'll see how many months it takes to process this time . . . last time it was >3 months and only after Scott Brown's office intervened at my request.

Back
Top Bottom