EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

You do not need a C&R FFL to buy a firearm that qualifies as a C&R. All the 03 FFL does is let you buy (and sell, with exceptions) qualifying firearms in interstate commerce without involving another type of FFL. That's it. It has no bearing on MA law WRT transfers.

Thank you. I assumed as much, but we all know what happens when we do that

Sent from this Infernal Machine

After reading this thread to the year 2006 I filled out the paperwork and dropped it in the mail this evening. Tomorrow I will drop the copy with the C.O.P. my main question is: can some one point me in the right direction to buy a C&R 1911? I have always wanted one and this will be my first purchase.

Harvard Sportsman's Club
NRA Member

After reading this thread to the year 2006 I filled out the paperwork and dropped it in the mail this evening. Tomorrow I will drop the copy with the C.O.P. my main question is: can some one point me in the right direction to buy a C&R 1911? I have always wanted one and this will be my first purchase.

Harvard Sportsman's Club
NRA Member

Policy here (due to trolls from the AG's office and EOPS Legal Dept) is that posting names of companies that will ship anything to MA is Verboten! They will act on that info and threaten said dealers so that they shut off supply to MA folks.

That said, you might want to contact Pack & Postal in Lancaster, MA . . . Joe has many hundreds of guns and specializes in C&R stuff. He really knows his guns, a real fountain of knowledge about firearms. He also runs a 4-pg spread in each copy of Gun List.

Otherwise, to be honest, the supply of 1911s (and look-alikes) in the C&R channel dried up years ago.

Policy here (due to trolls from the AG's office and EOPS Legal Dept) is that posting names of companies that will ship anything to MA is Verboten! They will act on that info and threaten said dealers so that they shut off supply to MA folks.

That said, you might want to contact Pack & Postal in Lancaster, MA . . . Joe has many hundreds of guns and specializes in C&R stuff. He really knows his guns, a real fountain of knowledge about firearms. He also runs a 4-pg spread in each copy of Gun List.

Otherwise, to be honest, the supply of 1911s (and look-alikes) in the C&R channel dried up years ago.

Copy that.

Harvard Sportsman's Club
NRA Member

Application went in about a month ago, they debited my account about a week ago (I opted for debit since I would be able to track when/if my application was received).

Finally received the rest of my paperwork. Ordered a bound book. Now I have a lot of reading to do and a lot of letters to send ☺ First I need to do some research on where to send the letters!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Finally received the rest of my paperwork. Ordered a bound book. Now I have a lot of reading to do and a lot of letters to send ☺ First I need to do some research on where to send the letters!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Debited my account on Monday. Can't wait to get it, hopefully soon.

So they send you everything but a bound book? Where did you buy yours? I saw amazon had some for like $20 plus tax. What letters are you talking about?

Debited my account on Monday. Can't wait to get it, hopefully soon.

So they send you everything but a bound book? Where did you buy yours? I saw amazon had some for like $20 plus tax. What letters are you talking about?

I've read brownells sells the books and has a C&R acct? Not sure about the letters.

Application went in about a month ago, they debited my account about a week ago (I opted for debit since I would be able to track when/if my application was received).

Just received a couple days ago.

Renewal:

Received renewal form 5/11
Mailed form 5/12 Requested extension letter with form
Charged my cc 5/16
As of 7/8 NOTHING!
Expires 8/1

Waiting until next week then I raise hell. Last time they lied to Sen. Brown's office when (at my request) they inquired weeks after my old one expired. This time I'll make the call first, then hit up a congresscritter to inquire. 10:1 odds this will be necessary.

Renewal:

Received renewal form 5/11
Mailed form 5/12 Requested extension letter with form
Charged my cc 5/16
As of 7/8 NOTHING!
Expires 8/1

Waiting until next week then I raise hell. Last time they lied to Sen. Brown's office when (at my request) they inquired weeks after my old one expired. This time I'll make the call first, then hit up a congresscritter to inquire. 10:1 odds this will be necessary.

Any idea why they seem to be F'ing with you?

Any idea why they seem to be F'ing with you?

No idea. Prior to 3 years ago it merely took 4-6 weeks each time.

This time I want to hear the excuse for myself.

Last time I purposely tweaked them by having Brown contact them after expiration. They said it went in the mail days earlier . . . but the postmark was 2 days after Brown's office called BATFE!

Renewal of license expiring 7-1-14... I had put a renewal reminder on the calendar 4-1-14, 3 months before expiration. Called BATFE and a nice lady said she thought I would receive a renewal app automatically in the mail, said to give it 30 days and if the app hadn't arrived to call back. After 30 days, no app in the mail, so I phoned again. Spoke with another nice lady who looked up my file and said it showed the app had been mailed but that she'd send another one right away. Received app a couple days later, mailed it in 5-4-14, received new license 7-5-14.

No idea. Prior to 3 years ago it merely took 4-6 weeks each time.

This time I want to hear the excuse for myself.

Last time I purposely tweaked them by having Brown contact them after expiration. They said it went in the mail days earlier . . . but the postmark was 2 days after Brown's office called BATFE!

Just called BATFE Licensing.

Today's excuse is "they are just getting to the August renewals now". She said that there is no problem with my application/BG check, just work-load issues.

She said "I can send you an extension letter if you'd like" by Email or Mail. I opted for MAIL!! BTW, I requested the extension letter in the renewal application (there is a checkbox for this). So I guess they ignore this too until AFTER they finish processing your renewal, AFTER it expires!! Too bad nobody in US Gov't cares about this.

Just submitted my C&R to Midway for dealer pricing..

FYI.. They don't have dealer pricing anymore.

Email from Midwsy

Thank you for your recent email concerning your FFL. I have successfully added your document to your account. I should let you know that we no longer have a dealer account and we are simply retail now. I hope this information is helpful.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. You may also email us at [email protected].

Thanks for Your Business!

- - - Updated - - -

Just submitted my C&R to Midway for dealer pricing..

FYI.. They don't have dealer pricing anymore.

Email from Midwsy

Thank you for your recent email concerning your FFL. I have successfully added your document to your account. I should let you know that we no longer have a dealer account and we are simply retail now. I hope this information is helpful.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. You may also email us at [email protected].

Thanks for Your Business!

Nice, so I'll be expecting mine within a few weeks.

Not sure if I'll get get an M44 or Swedish M96 first...

Back
Top Bottom