GOAL Response To AG Healey’s Actions - Rally Sat 7/23 @ 10:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really expect them to have spies in AGs office?
This was also probably treated as a highly confidential project with the AG's office, with only attorneys at the highest level and sworn to secrecy knowing it was happening.

This was intended and planned as a sneak attack, not honest public service and governance. The AGs office probably remembered the fiasco the EOPS had by asking for public comment on proposed "shooting exhibition regulations" and decided to avoid any pesky public feedback.

I've seen a fortune 500 people keep major product announcement secret until the day the company chose to go public, by limiting info on a "need to know" basis and dealing only with highly trusted people.

This was also probably treated as a highly confidential project with the AG's office, with only attorneys at the highest level and sworn to secrecy knowing it was happening.

This was intended and planned as a sneak attack, not honest public service and governance. The AGs office probably remembered the fiasco the EOPS had by asking for public comment on proposed "shooting exhibition regulations" and decided to avoid any pesky public feedback.

I've seen a fortune 500 people keep major product announcement secret until the day the company chose to go public, by limiting info on a "need to know" basis and dealing only with highly trusted people.

Unfortunately fortune 500 companies aren't accountable to the citizens they serve. This is a **** you directed at us, nothing more. An attempt to defeat the "gun lobby," one of the few lobbies that is supported by the people almost entirely.

Mike

I don't know. I'm sure the legal people are looking at that, but I'm afraid that many of the sheep in this state look on her as a hero.

There'd be enough in the state to come out and vote for her to stay. With everything going on, it's perfect timing on her part. She is a horrible human being for taking tragedies and politicizing them. Anyone who does is. Police are STILL wearing the mourning bands. If that's not effed up I don't know what is.

Exactly. Any anger and vitriol towards GOAL and Comm2A is misguided and only helps the enemy. They know that any public discussion is risky (look at Longmeadow a few months ago).

I don't think that governor Baker was privy to this. Look at it this way:

If he does nothing, he will piss off many who voted for him, damaging his prospects for re-election.
If he does something, it will be OMG governor Baker is protecting mass murderers!

The way I looked at it she just handed him a little hors d'oeuvre faite de merde.

If it was kept a highly compartmentalized operation, how did the mouth breathing libtards moonbat assh0les on the podium with her keep their pie holes shut too?

They could just be told that AG is going to announce an imporant public safety initiative.
In any case, does not matter. All of us need to work together instead of pointing fingers.

go on of fence she get published in the glob you get published in the globe also you have a press conference with all the polls who are upset at the actions and keep on the offense what ever she put out you put out 2 x

BTW do not be so gullible as to think the Governor has no recourse against

Unfortunately fortune 500 companies aren't accountable to the citizens they serve. This is a **** you directed at us, nothing more. An attempt to defeat the "gun lobby," one of the few lobbies that is supported by the people almost entirely.

Mike
Agreed.

My point is that the inability of GOAL or Comm2a to have advance wind of this action is not indicative of any incompetence on the part of either org.

When you call the governors office, leave you name and ask them to follow up by sending you his position on the matter once he has figured it out.

Last edited:
Everyone should know that this Healey thing is a political stunt that came out of nowhere. The 2A-friendly legislators knew nothing about this before it happened, and they are pissed.

So what do we do now?

One thing that won't help: Petitioning Charlie Baker to overturn it. Contact him and let him know your feelings, but keep in mind he doesn't have the authority to overrule the AG.

This has to be fought in the courts, and by the legislature - which would have to create laws that would limit the power of the AG's office. Both will take time.

In the short term, we need to continue to contact the Governor and our Legislators to express our disapproval.

When the time comes, we will gather and make our voices heard.

I don't for sure know when that will be, but I ask that you all try to keep Saturday open.

Should be Friday. And we should be occupying the state house or at the very least blocking the entrances. Holding signs and waving doesn't work anymore. Wtf do the legislators care if we hold signs on a day they aren't even working?

So to be clear:

There is a rally today at 5pm at the Mass State House
There may be something on Saturday

Right?

Inquiring minds need to know and tell their bosses at work about their violent diarrhea.

.... and we need to come out in droves, and I hope we can count on all of you here.

I am there. With as many of my pro 2a friends as I can bring. Will rent transportation if necessary.

EddieCoyle, thank you for the info and keeping us updated. It is very much appreciated!!!!

This - and thank you, and all of the folks from GOAL, for all of your hard work on this.

ill be watching this thread closely. while i agree there is alot of knee jerk reaction and people who want to get out there and let it be known, i agree with EddieCoyle. The timing needs to be right. If im going to rally, i want to rally with the people of NES where i know we can get it done in a professional manner as well as having GOAL lead the way with legal actions.

ill be watching this thread closely. while i agree there is alot of knee jerk reaction and people who want to get out there and let it be known, i agree with EddieCoyle. The timing needs to be right. If im going to rally, i want to rally with the people of NES where i know we can get it done in a professional manner as well as having GOAL lead the way with legal actions.
GOAL does not have the expertise or experience in legal actions (unless you call filing an action to try to have the entire 1998 law declared void - which was doomed to fail), and they are not plugged in with all the big names in gun rights litigation. That is really more the scope of Comm2A.

All of Comm2As funds are used for litigation or related overhead (legal research services, transcript services, tax preparation, etc.), so it does not have to balance the cost of litigation against other non-litigation activities.

Similarly, Comm2a has no expertise in lobby members of the politburo and as such, does not drive in that lane.

From todays Globe

“Governor Baker supports the Commonwealth’s assault weapons ban, believes our comprehensive state gun laws work well in protecting the people of Massachusetts, and believes that the attorney general has the authority to enforce the law to crack down on the sale of guns that skirt the assault weapons ban,” said Billy Pitman, the governor’s press secretary.

So much for that

RINO

From todays Globe

“Governor Baker supports the Commonwealth’s assault weapons ban, believes our comprehensive state gun laws work well in protecting the people of Massachusetts, and believes that the attorney general has the authority to enforce the law to crack down on the sale of guns that skirt the assault weapons ban,” said Billy Pitman, the governor’s press secretary.

So much for that

From todays Globe

So much for that

we knew he sucked anyway

I'll be there .. Keep in mind the ANTI Gun Media will be there to search for Bad Photo Opp's . Everyone should try to be on Best Behavior.
Otherwise the Media will succeed in making us look like a bunch of Gun Toting Yahoos to Support their one sided Agenda .

Just my 2 cents

I'll be there .. Keep in mind the ANTI Gun Media will be there to search for Bad Photo Opp's . Everyone should try to be on Best Behavior.
Otherwise the Media will succeed in making us look like a bunch of Gun Toting Yahoos to Support their one sided Agenda .

Just my 2 cents

Everyone be polite, sweet, and harmless.

Don't offend anyone.

Wear your Bow Ties and Straw Hats.

Stay well onto the sidewalks. Please don't block traffic.

And above all, And use your "Indoor Voices". Legislators may be napping.

Last edited:
Everyone be polite, sweet, and harmless.

Don't offend anyone.

Wear your Bow Ties and Straw Hats.

Stay well onto the sidewalks. Please don't block traffic.

And above all, And use your "Indoor Voices". Legislators may be napping.

I can't do that. so i might as well just stay home. Good luck on your peaceful protest.

http://blog.goal.org/ra/

everybody and I mean EVERYBODY who cares about freedom needs to be at the GOAL rally on Sat AM. My wife and I will both be there. Even our dogs want to have their voices heard.

For those of you coming from further out of boston area, on a saturday there are many easy parking options both near the state house and also further away and then take the T into the city. Red and Green lines bring you right there so we have no excuses to be absent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom