Guns at DCU this week

I should be there Saturday morning with my two girls. If you see someone chasing around a 2-year old or 3-year old blond toddler (or both in different directions) that will be me. I have them solo for the weekend and that is always a challenge.

Didn't The DEC Credit Union become the Digital Credit Union and buy or rent the naming rights to the arena bearing that name?

I am going to try an dwork my schedule to be there Saturday morning, hope to see some of you there.

Ooh! Excellent idea, Pete! I'll have to see if that works with my wife.

I neglected to mention the gun roundup at the Blue Northern table. [smile] But I did play up the fact that BN sells kayaking stuff. Maybe, just maybe, I can get her to come around.

If I didn't have a class Saturday and Wife plans on Sunday I'd take my son. He'd love the fishing. His 'favorite' book right now is "Curious George goes fishing".

Then again, they have one of those "anything that can be used as a weapon" clauses which technically means I shouldn't go there. (^_^)

GOAL will have a booth, I'll be stopping by it. I'm hoping to get there around opening time on Saturday (10am) so I can see as much stuff as possible.

I went to the show this afternoon it was attended well but wasn't real crowded and over all it was pretty nice show. I picked up a bunch of info on hunting/fishing camps in ME and checked out the little gun area too.

Respectfully,

jkelly

I just got back from the show. I spent some time at the GOAL booth where I picked up some good info and the two guys working the booth were very friendly. I made two mistakes while I was there, the first was spending time at the S&W table where I found myself not wanting to put down the new Walther PPS(not legal for sale in MA YET) and the second was spending time at the Eastern Security Safe area where after eying a Cannon safe and talking with Mike Machado I bought one!

I'm sorry if some of you feel like the gun area is inadequate. As stated, this is basically a fishing and sportsman show and Blue Northern Trading is attempting to broaden the outreach by sponsoring a little area for gun manufacturers who do not attend regular "gun shows" in this state. There was no intention to imply otherwise

I'm sorry if some of you feel like the gun area is inadequate.---News Shooter
I hope you didn't mistake my characterizing the gun area as small, as a slight.

Respectfully,

jkelly

I parted with my gun money for the month with my show-only-pricing order. I'll hopefully post it next week in the New Acquisitions thread.

Just got back from the show. WOW!!! In addition to a ton of nice "sportsman" items, I particularly enjoyed the gun area. Handled just about everything I was interested in, drooled over a bunch, and had all my questions answered. Joined GOAL right there on the spot. And last but not least, finally got a straight answer on when the Smith and Wesson M&P .45 should clear the AGs office. 2 WEEKS! Mine is already paid for, just waiting for the AG so I can finally shoot it!

Back
Top Bottom