Hand Sanitizer

A friend and I just ordered a 50 gallon container of the Froggy's. probably be in by the end of the week, idk yet exactly no shipping notice or tracking yet. one of our local PD's recently got screwed on their order of PPE and other stuff by mckesson recently so we will be bringing a few gallons for them. my PD will also get some, and going to reach out to some other officers we know to try and make sure their cruisers are stocked for at least them. we each will be taking a couple gallons, asking a few close friends if they need some, and are planning to donate the remaining leftovers to either bay state or mercy. We each have some friends working the front lines down at those places right now, and we want to rally behind them in any small way we can.

now, I am going to put it out there to NES green members, if you'd like to PM me about getting some for you and yours let me know. can work out where you maybe bring an empty milk jug with you(we are starting to save some containers now etc). , and fill it off the spigot or whatnot. if this might help let me know, best my NES people🤙

edit: I am by Springfield MA

A friend and I just ordered a 50 gallon container of the Froggy's. probably be in by the end of the week, idk yet exactly no shipping notice or tracking yet. one of our local PD's recently got screwed on their order of PPE and other stuff by mckesson recently so we will be bringing a few gallons for them. my PD will also get some, and going to reach out to some other officers we know to try and make sure their cruisers are stocked for at least them. we each will be taking a couple gallons, asking a few close friends if they need some, and are planning to donate the remaining leftovers to either bay state or mercy. We each have some friends working the front lines down at those places right now, and we want to rally behind them in any small way we can.

now, I am going to put it out there to NES green members, if you'd like to PM me about getting some for you and yours let me know. can work out where you maybe bring an empty milk jug with you(we are starting to save some containers now etc). , and fill it off the spigot or whatnot. if this might help let me know, best my NES people🤙

edit: I am by Springfield MA

Classy move, well done. 👍🏻

Lanolin and alcohol...It’s hand sanitizer and bullet lube/case lube

Everyone will tell you how soft your hands are..Which is about the weirdest thing you can hear after shaking someone’s hand

I got a gallon of the froggy sanitizer yesterday. It took 5 days to land at my door. It smells really bad and its liquid not gel. I dont know a way to test it but it smells like it could kill anything
It's either diluted foreshots (acetone smell) or straight 80% from a tails (wet dog or earthy smell) cut.
It will work, just bring along a small bottle of hand lotion and apply afterwards to keep skin from drying out or stinking.

Only way to test it is with an alcohol tralle. It measures the ABV%.
Amazon product ASIN B013S1VAM4View: https://www.amazon.com/HYDROMETER-ALCOHOL-0-200-Tralle-Bellwether/dp/B013S1VAM4

The higher the ABV% the more gel you can add to a mix to ease the harshness of the alcohol.

Is ethanol normally rather smelly?

No. Pure Alcohol Azeotrope 95.5% has no smell. (Basically Vodka)

What you smell is everything else in the wash that was carried over during distillation process.
During fermentation when yeast are happy they piss alcohol and fart CO2. When yeast are stressed they also shit in the ferment.

Alcohol that is distilled x2 or x3 times gets more and more pure every time. The smell and flavor goes away. Leaving just "neutral" spirit.

No. Pure Alcohol Azeotrope 95.5% has no smell.
I’m sorry, are you saying that you can’t smell ethanol (assuming that’s what you meant by “alcohol”)? Because I have a bottle of HPLC grade ethanol on my bench that says otherwise. It’s also pretty easy to distinguish the smell of various alcohols, ethanol, methanol, and 2-prop are formulations almost any bench scientist can spot blind.

I would say the froggys smell is the mix of acetone and garbage.

I think its fine and if you need some grab it just expect it to be liquid and smelly.

If you want a picture of the label for contents let me know

I’m sorry, are you saying that you can’t smell ethanol (assuming that’s what you meant by “alcohol”)? Because I have a bottle of HPLC grade ethanol on my bench that says otherwise. It’s also pretty easy to distinguish the smell of various alcohols, ethanol, methanol, and 2-prop are formulations almost any bench scientist can spot blind.
By no smell I meant it should have that nose burn and nothing else.

Those of you still looking for a reliable source for hand sanitizer, check your local compounding pharmacy. I know that PerforMix pharmacy in Salem NH has been making it in 4 and 8 ounce spray bottles. I think they'll mail it to you too.

I just got 2 gallons of Froggy's and they smell like crap. It is a disgusting sewage/diaper smell. I tried to add things to change the smell but nothing worked. I hope some of you have better luck.
No way would I use this crap on anything EVER! My 2 gallons ($$) are in the dumpster.

I just got 2 gallons of Froggy's and they smell like crap. It is a disgusting sewage/diaper smell. I tried to add things to change the smell but nothing worked. I hope some of you have better luck.
No way would I use this crap on anything EVER! My 2 gallons ($$) are in the dumpster.
Try the guys I mentioned. I couldn’t be more pleased. Highpuritynaturalproducts.com. Like I mentioned before 100 unit min $3.88 a bottle. but be sure to mention NES when speaking with them.

PSA ***“Highpuritynaturalproducts.com”*** (see post 75) 100 unit min, *must mention NES* ask for Lauren. (2oz bottles) for $3.88. +shipping. Obviously more than an individual needs for a long time however maybe a Nice gift for your local first responders in this time or for family and friends. Local Business and fellow firearm enthusiasts to boot.
Bump for those looking

Actually this stuff may work. If you put it on nobody will come within 6 feet of you.

Im gonna try poopourri

I’ve found a source for hand sanitizer. Ordered some tonight. They have 4 or 8 ounce bottles, individual/half case/full case, or bulk by the gallon or 5 gallon.

Not associated in any way with the source, just sharing what I found in-stock.

Go to classicshaving.com and type hand sanitizer in the search bar.
Have you or anyone else received their order yet? I placed it on April 2 and haven't received a shipping confirmation yet. They say 3-6 business days but that has passed.

Have you or anyone else received their order yet? I placed it on April 2 and haven't received a shipping confirmation yet. They say 3-6 business days but that has passed.
I have not. It’s been 7 business days. Planning on contacting them mid-week if I don’t hear anything. I’m not worried about getting stiffed. Just want the order. Lol

DJinn Spirits in Nashua was giving away 8oz for free if you brought your own container. That was a couple of weeks ago, for a 3 day period. Don't know if they're doing anything now. It was a thin mixture - 70% ethanol as needed, with H202 and aloe, but not "gel" like the commercial ones. We add it to the "regular" stuff we have. Did pick up a bottle of their in stock "Apple" mix to help them out.

More recently they're selling it for $5. Still a good deal and supports a local business. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer for this and their consumable product.

I ordered a 4-gallon case. Yesterday a single gallon was delivered in a box where the shipping label said “12x12x12” and 32 lbs, where the box was 12x6x6 and weighed 8 lbs, haven’t called yet but will tomorrow.

Anyone else order from these guys Shop Quality Wet Shaving Products and Razors - ClassicShaving.com ?
I ordered some hand sanitizer, which they said was in stock, got an email confirming it and saying I'd get email updates on the shipping, then nothing. They don't respond to email, the phone number is just a recording, their 24x7 chat is shut down, I've got no way to get ahold of them. I gave them plenty of time to ship, and paid extra for 2 day shipping, but I'm moving at the end of the week so I need to change the shipping address or have it by then. But I can't contact them.

Did I get scammed? I'd rather have the stuff, but I could have my credit card pull back the money.

Anyone else order from these guys Shop Quality Wet Shaving Products and Razors - ClassicShaving.com ?
I ordered some hand sanitizer, which they said was in stock, got an email confirming it and saying I'd get email updates on the shipping, then nothing. They don't respond to email, the phone number is just a recording, their 24x7 chat is shut down, I've got no way to get ahold of them. I gave them plenty of time to ship, and paid extra for 2 day shipping, but I'm moving at the end of the week so I need to change the shipping address or have it by then. But I can't contact them.

Did I get scammed? I'd rather have the stuff, but I could have my credit card pull back the money.
Likely they are just swamped. Reputable business.

Likely they are just swamped. Reputable business.
I get that. But they've had 2 full weeks and no updates. And no response to email, and the phone no longer has an option for a person or even leaving a message, and their online "24x7" chat is turned off.
I put my move situation in my emails, all they need to do is say OK we'll change the shipping address.
But all I get is silence.
They may have been good in the past, but if cutting off communications is customer service to them, they won't last much longer.
I just sent another email asking them to "PLEASE RESPOND", they get till the 15th, then I have to call it fraud and go to my credit card company.

In the same boat. I assume they are just busy. Keep me posted on what happens.

Back
Top Bottom