• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do I need to get an AK now? Yes, yes I do! But…

Louder, for the people in the back!

Especially about the Magpul furniture. f*** that shit.
screw magpul... i have russian polymer furniture (with a russian marked pistol grip) that needs a home :(

i mean.... by right it should go on a Saiga... (same grip, but not my photo)

Attachments

• pix293026131.jpg
    pix293026131.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 9
When I'm a mod here I'm banning your ass along with picton
tv show pll the perfectionists GIF by Pretty Little Liars

Oh please. Here we go. 1st of all stop being jealous. You could of bought Saiga 545s also. If you guys were alive in 2009 or 10 you'd remember they costed like zero dollars when they started being imported. But since everyone in the 2A community are apparently hack frauds no one wanted them because you had to drill and tap the f***ing bullet guide in because some other moron in Russia thought having the magazine be the bullet guide was smart.

He'll, the 2nd date with my wife was me going to Manchester to buy a can of 545 and the saiga. [rofl]

Landed that rifle (which you can't get), the ammo (which you can't get) and my wife (only if she's willing).

f***ers!

Oh please. Here we go. 1st of all stop being jealous. You could of bought Saiga 545s also. If you guys were alive in 2009 or 10 you'd remember they costed like zero dollars when they started being imported. But since everyone in the 2A community are apparently hack frauds no one wanted them because you had to drill and tap the f***ing bullet guide in because some other moron in Russia thought having the magazine be the bullet guide was smart.

He'll, the 2nd date with my wife was me going to Manchester to buy a can of 545 and the saiga. [rofl]

Landed that rifle (which you can't get), the ammo (which you can't get) and my wife (only if she's willing).

f***ers!

You landed a cool rifle, but can't afford to feed it. That's like owning Seabiscuit on a dirt farm in Nebraska.

Hey, to each their own. You want Magpul, cool. But OP's looking for recs, and mine is that he stick with proper Communist wood (preferably birch ply from Motherland's sacred forests of north).

The one knock on AKs (and Vz58s, too) is the short length of pull designed for underfed peasants shooting with their feet squared. That's easy to fix by adding some stock length, and I'll grant that the plastic shit makes that easier to do. But? You sacrifice so many Cool Points that it's worth doing it some other way. I found a chunk of walnut in my basement and just made my own, which was simple to do.

Best modern AK I have come across are the M1 Beryl (Polish) rifles. In many respects, they are proprietary blends of previous models and not fully interchangeable with the AKM. The 5.56 model is "battle tested" in that it is issued to Polish Military and Special Forces and has gone through NATO testing (whatever that may be).

If that is not obtainable, the VZ58/2008 are quite nice if you can get a good deal on one. If you want something that shoots AK mags, the PSA KS47s, CMMGs, and M10X (newer models, but past reliability issues still linger) all fit the bill.

Absolutely irrelevant to what you asked, and just a personal recommendation is the PSA JAKL. Very much an AK/AR hybrid that you can get in 300 BO or 5.56 for $900-$1100 range that accepts commonly used magazines and can get aftermarket support for.

IMG_3513.jpeg Can’t go wrong with Chinese guns, got these all for under $1200 a piece. Deals can still be had if you’re patient and look often.

Personally I put Chinese AK’s towards the top for AK imports. Fit and finish is generally excellent, they are built like tanks, and have the best triggers.

I love Maadis. Maybe you guys don't understand what im trying to say. I've put 1000s of rounds thru one. Dead reliable, great gun.

Any combloc made AK is dependendabe and reasonably accurate for an ak (3-5 MOA)

But objectively a Hungarian, most Chinese or Bulgarian AK is nicer and a bit better overall, machining is better، more consistent QC, better finish etc. I'd be willing to say a Bulgarian barrel is objectively better quality and would pull tighter groups all else being equal.
There’s no wrong answer here.

My Kassnar definitely has nicer fit and finish than my other AKs, but Maadis have an air of authenticity to them because they were made on Russian tooling and every time you pick one up you get to do this:

6783843F-8E62-4560-8D28-641878B106BA.gif

View attachment 855960Can’t go wrong with Chinese guns, got these all for under $1200 a piece. Deals can still be had if you’re patient and look often.

Personally I put Chinese AK’s towards the top for AK imports. Fit and finish is generally excellent, they are built like tanks, and have the best triggers.

I've got a MAK-90 that looks exactly like the middle AK47 (same furniture). I picked it up at the Manchester Firing Line (back when Jim M owned it) around 2011 for $500.00 (I bought it because of the decent price, and simply as a "spare" AK). FWIW, it was a consignment sale.

AK owners are like the Vegans of the gun world...they can't stop talking about how great they are and how this $hithole eastern European country makes it better than that $hithole eastern European country.
Communists are proficient at one thing, killing people. So, yes.

But the “vegan” thing is ironic, given that you’re in an AK thread to let everyone that didn’t ask you know you don’t like AKs.

Atlantic had a smoking deal on the vz.58 recently. I'd keep an eye out for them on their site if you dont mind another mag type.
I'd also be interested in that hunter/galil conversion or maadi if you pass on them.

AK owners are like the Vegans of the gun world...they can't stop talking about how great they are and how this $hithole eastern European country makes it better than that $hithole eastern European country.

...well... to be fair, this is a thread that's specifically about different kinds of AKs. So yes, we're talking about how great they are and which country makes what.

And yet? It took until Post #2 for one of the AR fanbois to come in here and shit the thread up, vegan-style. So it's not just AK owners.

Back
Top Bottom