• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do I need to get an AK now? Yes, yes I do! But…

The Arsenal is a fine shooting milled receiver. The Mak is on par with the SAR except it's blued, Maadi and SAR are no different. The VZ58 is a great choice but kind of kicky on recoil.

Dude. Where'd you get access to my home movies?

Because yup. You're right. I'll be fair to @Ultrarunner too, though, with all the good will in the world: I, too, have been known to pop into AR threads and suggest buying an AK (usually tongue-in-cheek, but still). So he's not entirely wrong.
Gotta love those Hong Kong comedy horrors.

I sold all my AK's in 7.62x39 and all I have left is my 5.45x39 AK. That I can't find ammo for really.

5.56 is $.50 a round right now. 5.45 is a lot more than that. I don't see the situation getting any better either.

Another problem is when I do find 5.45 and it's not full rape prices I then have to decide if I want it because it's steel core or not, which limits what I can use it for at the range.

It's turned into a pain in the ass. What was once a dirt cheap round is now very expensive and the ammo I can find is either $1 a round and great or under that corrosive steel core that I cant shoot plates with.
Ill take it off your hands for $400

You need a Maadi, and then decorate it with some nice crochet work.

View attachment 855497
What's so f***ed up about that, is that his little woman was probably at home with a buncha other durkha durkhas, knitting socks and such, and said to the group, "we should knit some nice AK accessories so that our men have comfortable and stylish rifles while they are out slaughtering innocent people that believe in a different invisible man in the sky. It will also make it easier to find his rifle in the pile when the camel gang bang is over."

I do like the look and feel of wood on an AK. The only problem I find is the stocks are too short for me. End up with non wood to get a longer buttstock. Someday I may find a wood stock that fits me right.

What's so f***ed up about that, is that his little woman was probably at home with a buncha other durkha durkhas, knitting socks and such, and said to the group, "we should knit some nice AK accessories so that our men have comfortable and stylish rifles while they are out slaughtering innocent people that believe in a different invisible man in the sky. It will also make it easier to find his rifle in the pile when the camel gang bang is over."
I think he just dual purposed a Cock Sock.

IMO Maadis are way lower on the list. They are a legit military factory made and accurate AKM, but the overall quality, fitment, and finish is notably lower than a Hungarian or Chinese AK. Even the actual Yugo ones (those imported by Zastava and Mitchell, made in Kragujevac).

Man, Hungarians and Chinese guns have WAY WAY WAY better fit n finish than Maadis. Not even a competition. I love Maadis but no way

And Romanian AKs like SARs, etc are lower IMO as well due to similar reasons, Bulgarian and Hungarian guns are way nicer than them in almost every aspect. Yes, avoid US made AKs in general while we have imported options from actual military arms factories of countries who field the AKs.

Not to say the Maadi or Romanian aren't legit and just as reliable, just not as "nice." I'd use them in a military or SHTF application myself.
The Maadi it is the closest as far as actual function and quality as the russian and I love mine. mine has rosewood thumbhole stock
so what if the paint is some matte some glossy, so what if the fsp is cast. the firearm is a beast.
Imagine if you just had the dodge hellcat engine under a beater.
when you shoot it, much like the Russian, it feels like you have a military firearm.
or screw it and get a SAM 7 from Arsenal. then you got full hellcat

Whelp it would now seem I’m good to go with AKs. With a recommendation I visited a great FFL in Bridgewater that specializes in AKs. After spending a couple hours going over a lot of thing I ended up buying not one but two AKs.

One is a pre-Ban unfired MAC-90 in the original box. Really nice rifle. The second is a Yugo M-90 in 308. Another awesome rifle. I’m super broke now but it was so worth it.

IMG_0353.jpeg IMG_0354.jpeg

Whelp it would now seem I’m good to go with AKs. With a recommendation I visited a great FFL in Bridgewater that specializes in AKs. After spending a couple hours going over a lot of thing I ended up buying not one but two AKs.

One is a pre-Ban unfired MAC-90 in the original box. Really nice rifle. The second is a Yugo M-90 in 308. Another awesome rifle. I’m super broke now but it was so worth it.

View attachment 856586View attachment 856585

Good choices, good dealer. You went to the right place.

Now get that thumbhole offa that Mak90 and put some proper wood on it!

You landed a cool rifle, but can't afford to feed it. That's like owning Seabiscuit on a dirt farm in Nebraska.

Hey, to each their own. You want Magpul, cool. But OP's looking for recs, and mine is that he stick with proper Communist wood (preferably birch ply from Motherland's sacred forests of north).

The one knock on AKs (and Vz58s, too) is the short length of pull designed for underfed peasants shooting with their feet squared. That's easy to fix by adding some stock length, and I'll grant that the plastic shit makes that easier to do. But? You sacrifice so many Cool Points that it's worth doing it some other way. I found a chunk of walnut in my basement and just made my own, which was simple to do.
You could have used a shovel.. [rofl][mg][mg]

Congratulations!!! Good choices. Looking forward to the range report on that M90.

The one knock on AKs (and Vz58s, too) is the short length of pull designed for underfed peasants shooting with their feet squared
Is that actually one of the reasons that the stocks on AK's , SKS's.. etc. are so short ? Other than the squared foot stance I mean,, Small statured people in all of the Russia / Asia area ?

Is that actually one of the reasons that the stocks on AK's , SKS's.. etc. are so short ? Other than the squared foot stance I mean,, Small statured people in all of the Russia / Asia area ?
Nato stock AKs are 1.25 inches longer.

The shorter Warsaw pact stocks are also beneficial when wearing thick winter clothing.

I dunno. I just know that they're short.

I've always suspected it had to do more with clothing and equipment than with stature, but I'm not really sure; Mosin LoP isn't really all that short, so it's puzzling. I assume the squared stance was just a reaction to the short stock, and not the other way around.

Don is a great guy good choice!

I taught my son when he was 8 or 9 to shoot my sks and he absolutely loved it. He liked the Enfield's because the length and weight on sand bags kept the recoil down. Now I wish I had them all back.

Are you hiring? My current employer is not paying me two pre ban ak money (over expenses)

Good choices, good dealer. You went to the right place.

Now get that thumbhole offa that Mak90 and put some proper wood on it!
Not mine but theres a nice Norinco stock on GB ending today it was around $190 last I looked. Im not sure how much cheaper you would find one. If you search
“Chinese AK 56s Mak90 Buttstock”
it should pop up.

Guns bad.

No grandfathering.

Take in immigrant family, feel better about your positive impact.
Maybe get a Pakistani family that used to work in the back alley AK factories they have over there. Instead of the family making meals, like the do-gooder who took in the Haitian families, you can get a good AK manufactured.

Back
Top Bottom