New acquisitions for April 2009!

I love LOVE my Spfld M1911-A1. I enjoyed it at the state of "new", however, had lots of upgrades done to it - it is a real dream now. I will never part with it!! Hope your wife enjoys this one!!

Wife's very own Springfield Armorry GI Issue M1911-A1which, with luck, will be heading out to our own Gregg Derr for some trigger work and such.

M1911A1.jpg

QUOTE]

Got my rifle back from David Santurri with a compensator installed and pinned stock. The original long buffer tube is at the bottom right. I replaced it with a carbine adjustable tube and put the stock on it that came with the rifle. David took off the adjusting lever and put in an hex screw that needs to be turned out to adjust then tightened back up, easy.

SWMP15.jpg

It must be contagious, I just picked up the same rifle, AND.......I'm taking it down to Santurri to add the PWS FSC556 compensator as well.......

SWMP15FT.jpg

I've begun to add the accumulated parts to it also.

ebr-sw.jpg

I thought even the fixed stock M&P15FT's came with a CAR buffer tube? That's what S&W told me, at least. I hope they do because I have an Ace "shorty" ARFX-E entry stock on the way, and it's only 7.25" long.

When I was 4 my dad bought a used stainless GP100 because there was a bear loose in our area in Idaho. It's the only handgun he owns and over the years we would shoot it together infrequently. I went to visit him in NC last year and took all of my guns with me to show him, we had a range day in his backyard and he brought his GP100 out to play. After firing the first round through his I was taken back to all the time we spent shooting it and I remembered how much I love that gun. I've been wanting one ever since that day for nostalgic reasons, and to "be just like dad" but I didn't want to be the same, I wanted a blued model. Today I finally found one... it came home with me.

IMG00045-20090418-1841.jpg

No more toys for a while. I'm now a slave to a 30 year mortgage. My first home built in Gloucester. I have never in my 34 years of existence dealt with a more pain in the ass process. Closing is next Friday. Yes, it's an older photo

Nice! I close on my new gun safe on the 15th of next month.

When I was 4 my dad bought a used stainless GP100 because there was a bear loose in our area in Idaho. It's the only handgun he owns and over the years we would shoot it together infrequently. I went to visit him in NC last year and took all of my guns with me to show him, we had a range day in his backyard and he brought his GP100 out to play. After firing the first round through his I was taken back to all the time we spent shooting it and I remembered how much I love that gun. I've been wanting one ever since that day for nostalgic reasons, and to "be just like dad" but I didn't want to be the same, I wanted a blued model. Today I finally found one... it came home with me.

I love stories like that!

Urj,

The wife and I want to try and start something similar with our kids exactly because of the reason you stated. Its small things like what you described that helps connect families across generations. I hope I am fortunate enough to have the moment you had with your dad, with my son or daughter.

Thanks guys. I have a Mossberg 500 that he passed down to me when I was old enough. It belonged to his father, and it will belong to my son some day... when I have one.

This year I'm going to buy the parts for a 1911 build and do a father-son project with my dad so that he'll have the 1911 he's always wanted. I'm certain that will be special too for the time together.

Impulse buy #2 for April. A Yugo SKS, already broken in and ready for some fun. Picked it up at 4 Seasons this afternoon when I stopped in to see what they had for 1911 type guns.

Its not a firearm but its the best I can do for this month!!

Hit the gunshop and purchased some 9 MM, .223, and .308 Cal rounds. Without giving up the totals... heres a shot of the 308 stash

DSC_8323.jpg

My first Revolver

Ruger Gp100 357 mag

Nice! A little brother to my April addition. If quantity wins the thread it looks like GP100's may be the victors!

PS: I added a 10lb hammer spring and 8lb trigger return spring to mine yesterday. Trigger pull is night and day difference, much nicer.

Found my first shotgun from an auction today: Beretta 1201FP 20", 12Ga. I'm happy. [smile]

Beretta1201fp_sm.jpg

P.S. I also picked up 6 bricks of Walmart 22lr from the Hudson store today. I left 4 for the next guy. [smile]

Last edited:
Regretfully sold my 3rd Glock 19 a while ago... so I snatched up another! [smile] You'd think I'd learn by the 3rd one... but nope. All I know is I ain't ever, EVER letting it go again.

IMG_1246.jpg

Equipped for Home Defense
IMG_1233.jpg

And I picked up this SWEET Sig 228 back in February.

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

Last edited:
I picked this up over the weekend from a fellow forum member to add to my little Beretta family (I am up to 6 now - yes I know I have a problem):

DSC04347.jpg

Back
Top Bottom