New acquisitions for April 2009!

Thanks Len,I have been checking out the Samplelist from SWFA..

Problem with them is they advertise the full retail value of the scope (Which nobody sells at)and the their sale price on a used scope is generally what you can get it for brand new,save maybe $50.00-$100.00 depending on blemishes etc..

I still check the site everyday though.

Last edited:
Greg, I didn't realize they were into the old camera-pricing tricks. They came recommended from another forum years ago, probably ARfcom. Not being a hunter or distance-shooter, I've only glanced at it a few times. My only quality optics are two AimPoint Comp units . . . one came with the pre-ban AR and the other I fell into when a club member wanted to get rid of it for pocket change.

Greg, I didn't realize they were into the old camera-pricing tricks. They came recommended from another forum years ago, probably ARfcom. Not being a hunter or distance-shooter, I've only glanced at it a few times. My only quality optics are two AimPoint Comp units . . . one came with the pre-ban AR and the other I fell into when a club member wanted to get rid of it for pocket change.

That's not what the shady NY camera stores do. Those stores advertise a great price on the camera and then charge extra for the normally included accesories (like batteries, chargers, etc), substitute a grey market item or simply never ship the item if you insist on the advertised price.

As Greg said, samplelist does show the discount as compared to MSRP. Still though, I paid about $120 less for my ACOG than I could find it anywhere else and I couldn't tell it was used. Caveat emptor as always.

Also, speaking of NY camera stores, B&H Photo (very reputable) also sells rifle scopes.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/13526/Riflescopes_Law_Enforcement_Military_Tactical.html

Adorama is also reputable and I think .they also sell scopes. I've been buying equipment from B&H and Adorama for the past 15 years and have never had a problem.
That's not what the shady NY camera stores do. Those stores advertise a great price on the camera and then charge extra for the normally included accesories (like batteries, chargers, etc), substitute a grey market item or simply never ship the item if you insist on the advertised price.

As Greg said, samplelist does show the discount as compared to MSRP. Still though, I paid about $120 less for my ACOG than I could find it anywhere else and I couldn't tell it was used. Caveat emptor as always.

Also, speaking of NY camera stores, B&H Photo (very reputable) also sells rifle scopes.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/13526/Riflescopes_Law_Enforcement_Military_Tactical.html

Nice! Glad to see you went with our advice and picked it up![wink] Can't wait to hear how she shoots!

Also, I'll have your EOD multi-tools in my hand sometime this week... Saturday at the very latest.

Awesome! I appreciate you grabbing those for me.

44-40 isn't as hard to find as we were thinking it would be. I ordered 500rnds and then I also found a couple hundred at BPS. Figure 700 rnds is enough, and Greg offered to reload it.

I'm doing housework today, but I'm thinking when I'm done I'll head to the range.

Yes,it is used by sniper teams in conflicts all over the world.I also read that in an attempt to reduce the costs of military operations,Obama will now strip the USMS snipers of their S&B's and replace them with Countersniper models..According to Obama,there is no difference between the two scopes.

Being as you advised me in the purchase of this rifle,I will have to bow to your superior knowledge in scopes as well.

f*** S&B,Countersniper it is!

Serious mode..Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I have it on good authority that the SEAL team that took out the somali pirates used the Countersniper scope. Obama personally directed that they use only that scope as to limit collateral damage...

Here's my recent acquisitions; my first firearms, which I got a few weeks ago:

Two .22's, for my wife and I. A S&W 22A-1, and a Ruger MkIII stainless bull barrel:

22s.jpg

And my most recent purchase, which I just got this past Saturday and haven't even shot yet, a Beretta 92FS

beretta.jpg

This Beretta is amazing. The slide feels like it runs on roller bearings. I'm going to have to take a long lunch today to go to the range to try it. [smile]

Got my rifle back from David Santurri with a compensator installed and pinned stock. The original long buffer tube is at the bottom right. I replaced it with a carbine adjustable tube and put the stock on it that came with the rifle. David took off the adjusting lever and put in an hex screw that needs to be turned out to adjust then tightened back up, easy.

SWMP15.jpg

Here's my recent acquisitions; my first firearms, which I got a few weeks ago:

Two .22's, for my wife and I. A S&W 22A-1, and a Ruger MkIII stainless bull barrel:

22s.jpg

And my most recent purchase, which I just got this past Saturday and haven't even shot yet, a Beretta 92FS

beretta.jpg

This Beretta is amazing. The slide feels like it runs on roller bearings. I'm going to have to take a long lunch today to go to the range to try it. [smile]

All beauties and I know yer gonna love the Beretta[wink]

Here's my new one to contribute to the show.
The thumbhole stock is going to be swapped out for the pistol grip soon.
Imbel FAL
DSC02799.jpg

DSC02801.jpg

DSC02802.jpg

Last edited:
Dont have a picture, but I got 400 rounds of .308 yesterday from M&M in plymouth, 200 silver bear and 200 winchester... paid 11 dollars a box for the silver bear and almost a dollar a ROUND for the winchester!

Good thing Uncle sams gonna give me 5.56 for free in a couple months! LOL :eek:)

Amazing! Great buys! I want one of those Uberti Walkers. They make cartridge conversions for those, don't they? I don't want to get into BP just yet.

Yes. Kirst makes a conversion cylinder chambered in .45 Colt. It costs about as much as the revolver, but it would sure be fun.

Last edited:
No more toys for a while. I'm now a slave to a 30 year mortgage. My first home built in Gloucester. I have never in my 34 years of existence dealt with a more pain in the ass process. Closing is next Friday. Yes, it's an older photo

P1080726.jpg

No more toys for a while. I'm now a slave to a 30 year mortgage. My first home built in Gloucester. I have never in my 34 years of existence dealt with a more pain in the ass process. Closing is next Friday. Yes, it's an older photo

Great place for gun storage...[smile]...congrats, Mattyb!!

Thank You very much. I figured it was time to grow up and do something with my saved $ besides buying toys. Although it was very tempting at times. Now, my girl has total control of my $ and my spending.

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long time looker, 1st time poster.
This is my first Colt Revolver! A Colt Agent in .38 spl.

Nice Jon!! Welcome to the club.

Fred

P1080726.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!! When is the first NES Bar-B-Que?! [party]

Some stuff we picked up during the week:

North American Arms .22 Magnum Mini Revolver (wife is a revolver fanatic)

NAA22M.jpg

And it in the palm of my hand

NAA22MHand.jpg

Wife's very own Springfield Armorry GI Issue M1911-A1which, with luck, will be heading out to our own Gregg Derr for some trigger work and such.

M1911A1.jpg

A little tribute. Colt M1911, SA M1911, NES AR-15

Tribute.jpg

Some stuff we picked up during the week:

North American Arms .22 Magnum Mini Revolver (wife is a revolver fanatic)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/UPSkald/NAA22M.jpg

And it in the palm of my hand

NAA22MHand.jpg

Wife's very own Springfield Armorry GI Issue M1911-A1which, with luck, will be heading out to our own Gregg Derr for some trigger work and such.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/UPSkald/M1911A1.jpg

A little tribute. Colt M1911, SA M1911, NES AR-15

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/UPSkald/Tribute.jpg

I like that one!

Back
Top Bottom