New Acquisitions for April 2013

holy crap! he was a hero!
He was one of two men doing this, and their actions allowed the rest of the convoy (and its men) to make it down the mountain to safety.

If you think that's amazing, you should read about him manning machine guns while commanding the drive of the 2nd Armored Division from d-day into Belgium, or accepting the surrender of the German 19th Army. It still amazes me sometimes that I actually knew this man! He was god-like to us kids...

I'd like to think we all know man like your Great-grandfather - We probably do, we all just call him "Pops", "Bampy" or some other name - the difference is that you have a bunch of gov't issued proof that he did what he said he did. When I was in high school, I called my good friend's version by "Grumpaw". He actually insisted that was his name. Friggen Retread...that was his MC club...

I say Know because you live at least as long as those who remember you - The rest of us have to walk up hill - both ways - to school - in the snow...

I'd like to think we all know man like your Great-grandfather - We probably do, we all just call him "Pops", "Bampy" or some other name - the difference is that you have a bunch of gov't issued proof that he did what he said he did. When I was in high school, I called my good friend's version by "Grumpaw". He actually insisted that was his name. Friggen Retread...that was his MC club...

I say Know because you live at least as long as those who remember you - The rest of us have to walk up hill - both ways - to school - in the snow...
Mine was "Daddy-Pop", and his son-in-law (my maternal grandfather, who also fought in 3 wars) was "Bop". Renaissance men, one and all.

Figured I'd import my post into the proper thread...

Last Thursday I took a drive to Fall River, and low and behold, Flint Arms had sitting on the shelf the exact AR
[mg] I had been looking for since January:

Smith & Wesson M&P 15T (~$1250 with quad rail/Magpul BUIS/only one 10-rd mag)

I also grabbed up a Ruger LCR (.38sp) (~$650 included laser)

Surprisingly, Flint had about 4 AR's just sitting on the shelf (if only I had the money), along with a decent variety of various caliber handguns and long guns. They have some ammo, but no .223/5.56 or 9mm. As you can see, I picked up some .38sp at an ok price ($25 for 50 rds).

This was last Thursday (just before Easter), so if you're looking for an AR, check out Flint's to see if they still have them.

Luckily I found some 10-rd mags and they should arrive any day. They were too expensive IMO, at like $23 a pop, but they are the only ones I've seen in-stock anywhere over the past 4 months so I took the hit.

Crappy cell phone pics inbound:

wp000652.jpg

wp000655.jpg

Last edited:
Henry Survival Rifle

Thanks to our friends at Mass Firearms school, picking up this Henry Survival rifle tomorrow!!! Thanks guys for a great deal!

Attachments

• HenrySR.jpg
    HenrySR.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 84
New to me in April (all were previously owned):

1. Walther P99 QPQ with laser/light combo, got it after NICS delay over the weekend.
2. Maxpedition Falcon II backpack
3. Mitch Rosen pocket holster for J-frame

61966d1365185805-new-acquisitions-april-2013-img_1683.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 442
Back
Top Bottom