New Acquisitions for August 2008

just got myself a new smith wesson mp .45! sorry for the thread i made. i was too excited and i realized that this is the thread i'm supposed to post in. but here it is folks.

DSC01503.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

DSC01507.jpg

it was a steal deal. it's practically brand new in box, with 5 mags. all of them were filled with ammo, and i ended up getting free box of 100 rounds of winchester .45auto. Trigger job already been done and mag disconnect was removed. I got it all for 500 flat.

:p

Mid 60's should be correct. I've got a Chiefs Special, which the serial # is 294xxx and it dates to '62-'63

I'll have to do some more digging, but that sounds about right. As promised, here are some pics!

DSCN1435_2.jpg

DSCN1444_2.jpg

Anyone know the "correct" way to grip this? I find to pull the trigger comfortably I have to have my hand down a bit on the handle, with my pinky not even around it. And I have small hands! Shoots really nice though! [smile] I was thinking about this as a carry piece but not sure I want to wear the finish on it or not.

Tom, I'll post pics tomorrow of me gripping my Model 637. One point, your grips are the old service grips which leave the frame completely exposed. My grips are rubber copies of Craig Spegel's boot grips, which cover the front strap and give more to hold on to.

Still the basic technique is the same.

Stinx - My dad picked up almost the exact same truck last August. He got a damn good deal on it (I had the pleasure of sitting in on the deal). It's a blast to drive and all my friends get jealous on those lucky days when he lets me take it for a spin.

Your Pony For My Bike

I think this is my best trade ever! A pre-ban New in Blue Label Box Colt AR-15 A2 R6520 Carbine with all the evil features. If you notice it has the A2 lower with magazine release fence that is found on the LE version of this little black rifle. The majority of blue box R6520s had an A1 lower from my understanding.

DSC_0328-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think this is my best trade ever! A pre-ban New in Blue Label Box Colt AR-15 A2 R6520 Carbine with all the evil features. If you notice it has the A2 lower with magazine release fence that is found on the LE version of this little black rifle. The majority of blue box R6520s had an A1 lower from my understanding.

DSC_0328-1.jpg

Very nice! What'd you have to trade to pick up that fine beauty? [wink] The only pre-ban AR15 more desirable than that in this state is the A3 Tactical Carbine, of which there are only the first 134 made are legit pre-bans.

Very nice find indeed. Congrats!

Good work Chris! Nice find and it must have been quite the trade.

It was for one of my nicer race bikes that afforded me this particular trade. Total dumb luck on my part on coming across this gem. Right place at the right time sort of thing. I believe Collectors Firearms has/had one, it was on their website the other day.

That Colt A3 Tactical Carbine is pretty much non-existent, you'll have better luck finding a leprechaun! But if you must have the flat top, then you'll have to purchase a pre-ban from Olympia or DPMS; those are a dime a dozen these days. I'd rather stick with the Ghost ring for CQ situations.

[snip]
That Colt A3 Tactical Carbine is pretty much non-existent, you'll have better luck finding a leprechaun! [snip]

Funny you should mention that. In the last 6 months I have seen first hand 2 of the 134 Tactical Carbines for sale in this state. Of course, the $2600+ price tag was a bit rich for my blood. But, if you have the cash, they are certainly out there...

IMG_0276.jpg

My new, old High Standard Supermatic.

Nice grips! I wish I could have gotten my Dad's Hi Standard Supermatic Trophy. Unfortunately it is not on the list and is residing in NY. My only hope is if it gets C&R status. Other than that I'll have to wait until I my to NH or inherit it.

Tom, I'll post pics tomorrow of me gripping my Model 637. One point, your grips are the old service grips which leave the frame completely exposed. My grips are rubber copies of Craig Spegel's boot grips, which cover the front strap and give more to hold on to.

Still the basic technique is the same.

Thanks, that will be great. Nice mountain gun btw. [grin]

Well, I have a place in my heart for revolvers, TomH - this one is pretty, pretty. Whether you pack it or not - do shoot it!! Enjoyed the pics.

mk70ss - I, too, like the grips - gives it a unique look.

Thanks for the pics, guys.[grin]

New M&P9c

MP.jpg

Well, I must say I am impressed! I picked this up yesterday at Four Seasons. what a great little shooter. I thought I would mind the heavy trigger, but it grouped superbly for me. I know it has been said many times before, but Carl and the staff at Four Seasons it top notch!

MP.jpg

Well, I must say I am impressed! I picked this up yesterday at Four Seasons. what a great little shooter. I thought I would mind the heavy trigger, but it grouped superbly for me. I know it has been said many times before, but Carl and the staff at Four Seasons it top notch!

+1 Superb pistol.

Thanks, that will be great. Nice mountain gun btw. [grin]

OK, here's my 637 so you can see the difference between boot grips what's on mine and magna grips (what's on yours). Basically magnas cover both sides of the grip frame and extend up the sideplates but leave both front and back straps bare.

Boot grips do the same but cover the front strap. What boots do is integrate the old Tyler T grip into the stock itself.

If you want boot grips, I strongly suggest biting the bullet and buying Craig Spegel's. They are the best looking and best fitting boot grips. If you don't like them you will not lose money on resale, guaranteed.

wqN9TD9xIr1V5quJ3+GGjf1DcnGhBhb70300.jpg
]
WcKEoc8S0zCusVJ4YaCHqUpihZgeLsXX0300.jpg

Here's a gun like yours with a Tyler T-grip adapter:
187984900_dEieH-L.jpg

You can buy Craig Spegel boot grips from Lightning Arms. They will cost you $80 to $120 depending on the grade of wood. A less expensive alternative are Hogue wood Bantam grips.

Last edited by a moderator:
MP.jpg

+1 for another mp owner!

Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum, 4" barrel, purchased at Blue Northern this afternoon. Alway a pleasure doing business with the helpful gentlemen at Blue Northern:
P8100279.jpg

P8100277.jpg

Late editions

DSC00444-1.jpg

This was actually a late July purchase... I just suck at taking pictures.
Stag AR-15 with a 16in chrome barrel, YHM free float hand guard and Izzy Comp. John at JDL sales did a Fantastic job! Very acurate and has not hiccuped once.
Hey John, I have a baby girl on the way the end of next month... will catch you soon for some trigger time though!

DSC00443-1.jpg

Got this Savage 111 in .30-06 from a good friend of mine. Getting ready for Black bear season.
August has been a good month so far! Let's see what the birthday brings on the 28th! (c'mon Eotech!)

Last edited:
guninventory08-01-08015-1.jpg

guninventory08-01-08016.jpg

A new family member to add for the month!
Still working on my photography, as you might be able to tell (new camera).
357 sig.

Yes actually, I feel like I do. I shoot full frame guns on the regular, they just don't grip quite the same? Biggest gun (size) I have is the Glock 30. Not sure what my issue is?

Maybe just a sub-conscious love affair with compact poylmer?

(I will say I've never felt a smoother slide than that 229 above! Nice piece)

Last edited:
New Acquisition Colt pre-ban.
I will be building something special on this receiver.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Diana RWS

My Air Rifle, I was out shooting pix of my GSG so I figured what they hell, might as well take some of it while I'm at it.

It's fitted with a Leatherwood Red Dot (great sight), and a Leapers Picatinny barrel droop adapter mount

Shoots at about 1000 ft per second and is very accurate out to about 80 yards.

rwssight.jpg

rwsleftside.jpg

Back
Top Bottom