New Acquisitions for August 2008

My NES custome SN lowers from Anvil Arms.

IMG_0058.jpg

No pictures yet, but a Beretta Cx4 Storm in 45.... got it "cheap" at Riley's.... looks brand new....probably <20 rnds through it.

I hope this isn't cheating...I already posted these 'new family members' on the August New Acquisitions, but it was obvious my photography left something to be desired.
Hoping these show improvement...

guninventory08-01-082005.jpg

guninventory08-01-082006.jpg

Her new toy..
guninventory08-01-082015.jpg

guninventory08-01-082030.jpg

I hope this isn't cheating...I already posted these 'new family members' on the August New Acquisitions, but it was obvious my photography left something to be desired.
Hoping these show improvement...

guninventory08-01-082005.jpg

guninventory08-01-082006.jpg

Her new toy..
guninventory08-01-082015.jpg

guninventory08-01-082030.jpg

Now the debate...which one is your favorite?!?! [wink]

If it's a rhetorical question, yes I love them all obviously. If you were honestly asking me...put it on hold, i'm working on getting an XD and that'll really throw me off kilter.

Taurus PT1911

I have one of these and have enjoyed it! It was my first gun actually. It was a little tricky when putting it back together to push that pin back in - just took a few times to get the "how to" down. Well, most guns have their ideosyncracies. Otherwise -never a problem!!

These are the first 4 of my collection that I am building.
My FIRST firearm came from 4 seasons. A M&P 9, I love it.
DSC_8029.jpg

The next one was purchased the day I picked up #1. It is a Sig Mosquito. Tempermental on Ammo, but with the right round its great fun cheap~!
DSC_8031.jpg

The 3rd purchase was from Richies in westport. Limited edition Carbon fiber Walther P-22
DSC_8030.jpg

And finally, another one off from Richies, this is a Para Ordinance 45 with custom paint and trigger job. An inherantly accurate weapon and a great gun all arround, It is sofar my favorite.
DSC_8028.jpg

Soon, Hoping to aquire an M-4 Carbine or build it myself, as well as a beretta 92, and if they become available, a walther PPS...

Picked up my kid's first gun from Six Gun City in Jefferson, New Hampshire... [smile]
She insists on keeping it my safe along with the "other" guns when she isn't using it.

353612162_gjub2-L.jpg

353612146_QMKSZ-L.jpg

353612112_QRLW2-L.jpg

My 2nd gun is a pre-Ban Colt Sporter Lightweight, seen here with my 1st:

AR15_1911_2008Aug16.jpg

Took it down to BPR on Saturday afternoon to see what it would do. Mike from Cork showed me which parts of it should be lubed and John the range officer helped me figure out the sights (used his binocs to tell me where I was hitting). I can't even begin to express my gratitude to Mike and John, and all the people at Braintree Rifle and Pistol, and all the people on this forum for all I have learned this year. "Thank you" doesn't even begin to cover it, but...

THANK YOU.

AR15_barrel.jpg

AR15_ColtSporterLightweight.jpg

Please, some questions:
Do I need to be cautious what I feed this gun? Specifically, should I only feed it 223? Can I feed it 5.56? 55gr? 62gr? Which ammo is "best"? I read somewhere that one should be cautious which kind of ammo one shoots thru civilian AR15s (that some military ammo generate pressures that exceed this or that, and can lead to primers getting blown into the action or other problems). Do I need to worry about that with this gun?

I bought 500 rounds of Silver Bear 62gr .223 with zinc plated cases because it was cheapest. Good idea - bad idea?

Also: I am a total noob. What are the things that a noob should be cautious of, to not wreck his new (to him) AR15?

Again, Thank You.

-Gren

Last edited:
Grendel, the barrel says 5.56, so I'd assume it is chambered for it. .223 should work fine also, but won't be "ideal". The spacing is different, caselength, etc. I think you'll find brass ammo is more reliable, but of course its more expensive! You usually can't go wrong with some M193 or M855 surplus.

Back
Top Bottom