New Acquisitions for August 2008

Not entirely new, however recently back from Alexander Arms and re-assembled. The barrel had to go back to Alexander Arms to be re-chambered.
50 Beowulf

attachment.php

Good lord man. I need more photos of this.

I've got a new toy, oh a oh

Picked up my AR from JDL yesterday:

BPepiAR2.jpg

BPepiAR1.jpg

It's schweet! The only problem is that due to work/family stuff, I can't put any rounds through it until the weekend[sad2]. I've got one of those rubber blocks of mil surplus 5.56 just itching to go bang.

get_file.php

Picked up a M&P 340 CT today from R&R in belchertown.

yay laser grips! :D

Mind PMing me how much R&R had that listed for? I'm interested in picking up a 340 also, and from what I have seen, they are on the high side for handguns. (R&R that is...)

Last edited:
Pete:

Sorry I missed you. Here's the HK94 I grabbed at ZHA. My pics didn't come out as nicely as yours. I'll have to snap some better ones when the sun comes back out.

HK94.jpg

I picked this up at Zero Hour this afternoon.[smile]
HPIM2733.jpg

HPIM2734.jpg

I look at those every time I'm in ZHA. Nice grab. The only reason I didn't snag one of those is I found a stripped Eagle Arms (Armalite) preban lower and will build an evil SBR. [devil]

Pete:

Sorry I missed you. Here's the HK94 I grabbed at ZHA. My pics didn't come out as nicely as yours. I'll have to snap some better ones when the sun comes back out.

HK94.jpg

I saw that HK too. DAMN. I wish I had the $ for that beauty. Nice purchase.

And I know I already have a thread dedicated here for my new S&W 28... But I figure I'd stick a few photos of it in this thread as well... you know... for posterity [smile]

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4092.jpg

I like it. It comes with the Heinie "straight 8" sights, which is a little different, but it didn't take me too long to get used to. It's my first 1911, and since I'm a southpaw I like the fact that it came out of the box with ambidexterous safety. Yes, there are better ones out there, but for the money (I paid $525 plus tax) you can't beat the Taurus. I only ran one box through it betwen me and my wife when we got home, but I was on an 8" target at about 20'. I'm gonna work some more today on getting those sights figured out.

Why can't you guys have them up there?

Gun manufacturers have to go through a convoluted and contrived system in order to get handguns "approved" for sale here. Taurus either hasn't finished the process or won't bother with it. Our 1911 choices are quite limited.

I finally finished it in August. Nordic 10/22
  • Nordic 10/22
  • Volquartsen HP Action kit internals
  • CAA AR15 pistol grip
  • Yankee Hill Machine Co Carbine Length Free Float Forend
  • Yankee Hill Machine Co. Barrel Nut
  • ACE AR-15 Skeleton Buttstock
  • Weaver K6 Scope and rings
  • Tactical Inc. Matte Black Magazine
  • Clark Custom 16" Heavy Target Barrel
  • Extended Bolt Handle/Auto Bolt Release/ Extened Mag release

DSC00649.jpg

I was considering one of these builds, looks great. Are you happy with it?

New H&K

p2000.jpg

Decided to upgrade from a full-size USP .40 to the P2000. Big thanks to Jerry at Armor Arms for this one.

Heckler and Koch P2000 LEM 9mm with night sights.

Holy sweet jesus sheriff, that is one mean lookin pistol. I've been drooling over a USP for years now, think I might just do it soon!

Here are a few of mine. They carry over from July but I haven't had time to get pics of them.

1.) GSG-5

01-gsg.jpg

2.) Para Carry .45 LDA

01-para.jpg

02-para.jpg

3.) S&W 340 M&P w/lazer grips

01-mp.jpg

02-mp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom