New acquisitions for December 2008!

Finally!!!

One of the bestest Mondays ever!!! My Anvil Arms NES#006 upper arrived today! Now the totality of an idea I had nearly a year ago has come to fruition! I just had to spend my lunch at the range and this thing is SWEET! I did run into a few snags with Centurion, but the Privi and Lake City ran like no tomorrow. I had to make some adjustments to the Tripower, but finally got things centered and was very happy with the groups at 100-yards. I think the Tripower is staying on deck and I'm mounting a Millet DMS on the SOCOM-16. Here's the particulars:

• Anvil Arms Lower NES#006
  • Anvil Arms Upper NES#006
  • Chrome lined M4 barrel and feed ramps
  • Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake
  • Troy Rear BUIS
  • YHM Gas Block Flip Up
  • Trijicon Tripower
  • LaRue 150
  • Sully CQB Stock with M4 tube, spring and heavy buffer
  • BCM M-16 BCG
  • M-14 sling
  • Colt M-16 charging handle and Badger Tac-Latch, (Iraq veteran)
  • Colt Front Side Sling Mount, (Afghanistan veteran)

The pics:

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

DSCN0066.jpg

Thanks to Jon Kruger for building a nice rifle and of course to C-pher for making the group buy happen! [cheers]

Nice looking rig. You list a BCM M-16 BCG. M16 BCG are different than AR 15 and quite recognizable. Any machine gun part makes a MG out of an otherwise legal rifle as far as BATF is concerned. I bought a preban upper on NES that came with one and had to replace it, I would think twice about that choice.

Nice looking rig. You list a BCM M-16 BCG. M16 BCG are different than AR 15 and quite recognizable. Any machine gun part makes a MG out of an otherwise legal rifle as far as BATF is concerned. I bought a preban upper on NES that came with one and had to replace it, I would think twice about that choice.

While BATFE is capricious in their definition of what constitutes a machinegun, a BCG by itself does not make the rifle shoot more than one shot by itself.

Thanks for your compliment, but on your assertion that an M-16 BCG is illegal in an AR-15, you are completely wrong. The M-16 BCG is in use in AR-15 rifles, (namely M4 clones) by a variety of manufacturers including Colt, Noveske, BCM, LMT etc. The M-16 Bolt carrier is different than the AR-15 in that the bolt carrier activates the hammer - not the firing pin. It makes M4-type rifles more reliable, by slowing down the cycling of the bolt with the short gas system, thus improving reliability. It is not part of the lower receiver and is highlighted by the BATFE as a machinegun part when combined with a lower fire control parts set, which I am not now, never have, nor never will be in possession of - that would be illegal.

Lets end this "Internet Myth" here and now. Kindly show me where the use of an M-16 bolt carrier group in an AR-15 is illegal. Not "advises against", but illegal. Show us the way on that one, then please forward it to Colt legal, (among a myriad of others) - they have a shitload of civilian M4 copies to recall....[thinking]

new%20adds.jpg

My Latest: Mossberg 500; Striped Spikes lower; Stag Tactical lower; and a 317 for the wife.

I'm going to make the Spikes a 7.62 since it is a multi-cal lower, with an A2 configuration; The upper is currently on order from Model 1 sales (12-16 week wait).

The Stag lower will probably end up with a M4 upper with a few goodies.

Those Mossberg 500 Combos are a helluva deal aren't they? Did you get the scope with it as well? I need to pick up another lower and the Spikes look really nice. Are you going to do 7.62x39? What are you going to do with the Stag? Love the 317 as well - nice haul! [cheers]

Those Mossberg 500 Combos are a helluva deal aren't they? Did you get the scope with it as well? I need to pick up another lower and the Spikes look really nice. Are you going to do 7.62x39? What are you going to do with the Stag? Love the 317 as well - nice haul! [cheers]

Thanks Mark!

Yeah, 7.62 (A2) for the Spikes, and The stag will be M4 with mods. [wink]

You're 100% correct the mossy was too good to pass up, It came with the scope, I just don't have it on yet.

My wife and I shot the 317 last weekend at S&W SSC; Great little gun, just a bit pricey though. She's recoil challenged so I got here this. at least she'll have some protection. [thinking]

Thanks again for the comments!

Ron

Thanks for your compliment, but on your assertion that an M-16 BCG is illegal in an AR-15, you are completely wrong. The M-16 BCG is in use in AR-15 rifles, (namely M4 clones) by a variety of manufacturers including Colt, Noveske, BCM, LMT etc. The M-16 Bolt carrier is different than the AR-15 in that the bolt carrier activates the hammer - not the firing pin. It makes M4-type rifles more reliable, by slowing down the cycling of the bolt with the short gas system, thus improving reliability. It is not part of the lower receiver and is highlighted by the BATFE as a machinegun part when combined with a lower fire control parts set, which I am not now, never have, nor never will be in possession of - that would be illegal.

Lets end this "Internet Myth" here and now. Kindly show me where the use of an M-16 bolt carrier group in an AR-15 is illegal. Not "advises against", but illegal. Show us the way on that one, then please forward it to Colt legal, (among a myriad of others) - they have a shitload of civilian M4 copies to recall....[thinking]

Hey Mark, not to start a pissing match or anything but what do you make of this? This comes from Bushmaster's own catalog and it clearly states if your rifle contains "even one M16 component it is a machine gun". Either Bushmaster is incorrect or that internet myth is not a myth.

428582687_2cWUy-O.jpg

Hey Mark, not to start a pissing match or anything but what do you make of this? This comes from Bushmaster's own catalog and it clearly states if your rifle contains "even one M16 component it is a machine gun". Either Bushmaster is incorrect or that internet myth is not a myth.

There's no myth about the lower parts kits. Possessing them is bad juju unless you have a C3 weapon and the tax stamp to prove it. However, that's for lower parts kits. The bolt carrier group does not make a gun capable of firing full-auto, but the LPK and the installation of it does. If you were to take Bushmasters statement literally, then one could define "M16 component" as a barrel, trigger, upper receiver, firing pin, barrel, hammer, etc, so forth...

We can open up another thread about this, but the BATFE is very clear on the subject and my opinion is Colt would not be shipping FA BCG's in their civilian semi-auto weapons at the risk of their very business...So now - on with the show! [cheers]

new%20adds.jpg

My Latest: Mossberg 500; Striped Spikes lower; Stag Tactical lower; and a 317 for the wife.

I'm going to make the Spikes a 7.62 since it is a multi-cal lower, with an A2 configuration; The upper is currently on order from Model 1 sales (12-16 week wait).

sweeeeeeeet. I am waiting on that same stag lower

*IMG*

WOO!! Good stuff!

Here are a couple of items I picked up this month.

I bought another pistol A almost new in box colt 45 Officers in Stainless steel. I just re qualified with this pistol as well and the first time I even picked it up I scored 28/30 points.
COLT45OfficersACP2.jpg

These two pics are a standard off list lower (California law) sporting a Monster man grip and a AR57 upper on top.

It fires the 5.7x28 round from a 10, 30 or 50 round mag.

AR57WMMG1.jpg

AR57WMMG2.jpg

Last edited:
Im sorry man, i know thats what you have to do to own an AR but that thing is hideous. I do think the upper is cool though.

Here are a couple of items I picked up this month.

These two pics are a standard off list lower (California law) sporting a Monster man grip and a AR57 upper on top.

It fires the 5.7x28 round from a 10, 30 or 50 round mag.

AR57WMMG2.jpg

I agree its not the way Mr Stoner would have wanted us to have them configured but then neither is having a "MAG-LOCK" on one.

And If I ran any kind of a mag lock device it would require most likely 2 of them one for the std and one for the P90 mag and I would be limited to a ten round magazine as well.

Any thoughts on a sight to use ?

I have my spare BUIS on the rear but didn't have the correct removable front sight to use so I'm now looking for the cheap quick fix on the sight issue.

Something I didn't consider that my leupold scope would get in the way of the magazine being removed IE its too long.

So I either bite the bullet and get a EOTech or use Iron Sights or find a shorter effective scope.

Thoughts anyone ?

Im sorry man, i know thats what you have to do to own an AR but that thing is hideous. I do think the upper is cool though.

Nice looking rig. You list a BCM M-16 BCG. M16 BCG are different than AR 15 and quite recognizable. Any machine gun part makes a MG out of an otherwise legal rifle as far as BATF is concerned.

Cite please. I can see your point if it had M16 fire control parts in it, but an M16 BCG alone is not enough to make it anywhere near a "machine gun".

-Mike

Finally got my new safe set up wth the help of 1776 and my son inlaw Grant who is a green member.

SIZE 84 " HIGH ,60 " WIDE AND 30" DEEP weight over 6000 lds.

Fire proof for 4 hours in 1500 degree fire!!

DSC00179-2.jpg

DSC00179-1.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

Thanks for looking

Fred

Last edited:
This may be of help..

6520-ColtM16CarrierLetter-1a.jpg

6521-ColtM16CarrierLetter-2a.jpg

I also remember the BATF&E Published red book and then later the Yellow Book saying not to use M16 parts in an AR15.

Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide = the online Red / Yellow book.

This is the 2005 version and the latest version I could locate.
http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/2005/p53004/index.htm

Cite please. I can see your point if it had M16 fire control parts in it, but an M16 BCG alone is not enough to make it anywhere near a "machine gun".

-Mike

Finally got my new safe set up wth the help of 1776 and my son inlaw Grant who is a green member.

SIZE 84 ' HIGH ,60 " WIDE AND 30" DEEP weight over 6000 lds.

Fire proof for 4 hours in 1500 degree fire!!

Thanks for looking

Fred

WOW! Nice safe! (and contents). [bow]

This may be of help..
6521-ColtM16CarrierLetter-2a.jpg

Relevant bit:
We can only inform you that if this installation were to create a firearm that fires automatically, it would be a machinegun as defined; conversely, if it did not result in the production of a weapon that shoots automatically, it would be lawful to possess and make.

They recommend not to use it, but that doesn't mean you can't.

Hey Fred, was it much trouble getting that thing up to the 2nd floor? [smile]

Since Fred posted that it is 84 FEET high, no need to get it up to the 2nd floor, it probably dwarf's Fred's house! [wink] [rofl]

I guess he'll be building a 3 story structure to house that safe shortly. [laugh2]

Fred's Safe

Nice job!

But prior to it's current configuration, it was able to hold two mother-in-laws !!!

Back
Top Bottom