New acquisitions for December 2008!

Here is my new toy for the month. It is a Semi Auto version of a Russian Model 1910 Maxim. It has a date of 1933 and has a SA stamp on it, It looks like it was part of the Russian Army and then captured by the Finns and used agains them. It has 3 spots on the water jacket the have been repaired. So it looks like it has seen some action in it's life. I have never had a gun that needs water. Now I just need a crew to help me lug this thing around. The gun it's self is around 40lbs and the wheeled mount feel heavier thatn that.

DSC06777.jpg

DSC06779.jpg

DSC06782.jpg

Here is my new toy for the month. It is a Semi Auto version of a Russian Model 1910 Maxim. It has a date of 1933 and has a SA stamp on it, It looks like it was part of the Russian Army and then captured by the Finns and used agains them. It has 3 spots on the water jacket the have been repaired. So it looks like it has seen some action in it's life. I have never had a gun that needs water. Now I just need a crew to help me lug this thing around. The gun it's self is around 40lbs and the wheeled mount feel heavier thatn that.

Can I borrow that next deer season?

DSC06777.jpg

DSC06779.jpg

DSC06782.jpg

I've been waiting to see pics of that since you told me about it at the Shirley pumpkin shoot.

Neat that its a Finn capture and I volunteer to help lug it at the next shoot.[grin]

DSC06777.jpg

DSC06779.jpg

DSC06782.jpg

Awesome! Are you going to attach a braided hemp rope to the lunette for more historical recreation? I have a friend down in Florida with the same model, if I recall the gun itself is 30 lbs, and add the carriage comes in near 75 lbs. Great to see another piece of world history into a true collectors hands! [grin]

That Maxim is flippin' sweet!!

Also, that's a great looking 1911, I'll have one soon!

ETA: How do you store the Maxim? Looks like it wouldn't fit in most safes I've seen...well, except for Fred's monstrosity. [laugh]

Last edited:
Finally have something unique to post other than the run of the mill stuff.

More pics coming and to be found in the Milsurps area.

Egyptian FN-49 8MM Mauser

fn2.jpg

In this months list is a Sig 239 (with the nice promotion they put out) and a striped lower for an AR by DPMS (first AR Build!), still looking for the lower parts kit, they all sold out :/

This followed me home tonight from Four Seasons. I took it apart, what a mess. Looks like it was never cleaned but after a little more than 2 hours of work she's beautiful again. It has the billboard slide I was looking for as well.

DSC01491.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

This followed me home tonight from Four Seasons. I took it apart, what a mess. Looks like it was never cleaned but after a little more than 2 hours of work she's beautiful again. It has the billboard slide I was looking for as well.
Nice. I have the target model. A really sexy looking gun.

Nice. I have the target model. A really sexy looking gun.

That it is, very sexy looking gun. The amount of residue inside this one actaully made it unsexy, thankfully it all cleaned out. The barrel had to be the worst I've seen. I'm guessing it was traded in for loss of accuracy, there is just no way it could have been accurate.

Something about the 1911's that just get me all warm and fuzzy inside. You do know you will need to give us a breif range report on how she shoots, right?

Back
Top Bottom