New acquisitions for March 2008

chasnging out the MIM Parts. adding a wilson Bullet proof slide stop, standard length recoil spring guide, cap and spring, ambi safety. This is going to be a work gun and I want it as relaible as possible. I shot it tonight and it seeesm to shoot well.

Let us know how she turns out with your parts.

MIM = Metal Injected Molding

MIM is used for cost reasons as tooled metal components generally command a higher price tag. However, the metal isn't of the best quality and on occasion breaks without warning, rendering your gun useless unless you want to club someone with it. MIM parts are generally things like triggers, slide stop releases, hammers, safeties, etc. You know, things you REALLY don't want to break at the wrong time [wink]

The average recreational shooter will probably never see the difference. But if you depend (read: carry) your gun, it may be something worth looking into, even if just for the piece of mind... YMMV

Last edited:
chasnging out the MIM Parts. adding a wilson Bullet proof slide stop, standard length recoil spring guide, cap and spring, ambi safety. This is going to be a work gun and I want it as relaible as possible. I shot it tonight and it seeesm to shoot well.

Isn't the hammer usually MIM then too? I'm thinking of getting some better parts for mine also.

No 1 Mk III Enfield. A 1943 BSA "dispersal" rifle. Arsenal refinished in very good condition. Needs some clean up and the furniture needs to be re-oiled as it was power washed during refurbishment.

Yeah, I know, worthless without pictures. I'll take some before pictures tomorrow and post them. After pictures will come along once she's finished.

Gary

This showed up today:

23105X-3.jpg

23105X-2.jpg

Not my pictures, I'll take a few outside once I clean it up. Its a Sako M39 Mosin with one of the nicest stocks I've ever seen on one.

Back
Top Bottom