New Acquisitions for March 2011

I bought this almost a year ago but I finally got the cash up to make a few changes. I employed the help of a local gunsmith that specializes in 1911s. I picked it up last week. I haven't decided what I'm doing with the finish yet... It's my summertime carry and a real workingman's gun so finish isn't important to me.

Before....
pix353412437.jpg

pix353412625.jpg

And after....
IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_8174.jpg

The sights are fiber in the front and a 10-8 rear. The idea here is to duplicate the sights on my winter carry Government 1911. The grip safety is a Smith & Alexander beaver tail. The trigger is a WWI GI. The barrel bushing is an EGW melt. The grips are Dura Grips Wasp Nest.

It's been a busy year so far... is it ok if I just shoot a pic of my 2011 acquisisions so far... been kinda crazy, obsessed with revolvers. Did some creative wheeling and dealing as money really is not fluent here.. [grin] I have a few rifles to add, but I'm running out of time.. [grin]

2011guns-1.jpg

Since I didn't get the chance to post in the first 2 months aquisitions threads, I'm just going to post all my 2011 gets right here. Just click the thumbs to expand.

Winchester Model 1912 12ga manufactured 1918:

Ruger Mini-14 pre-ban sidefolder

Smith&Wesson 916A 12ga

ESSE (Rat Cutlery) RC-5 in ODgreen combo edge

ESSE/DPx H.E.S.T. folder - Titanium

nice pick ups, zombi... except that M16A2/M203 look-a-like in the background certainly stole a ton of thunder. I... don't know what's going on in my pants.

I want.

Yeah, I saw the Scarface gun on your facebook. You have no idea how long I've been talking about making one.... I finally started pricing what I need and now I see I won't be the only cool kid in the block.

Nice setup dude

My son picked up a like new Para LTC 1911 earlier in the month for a song at Collectors...before (stock photo)
Para-Ordnance-LTC-45-ACP.jpg

Ordered a few parts, dropped it off to Lou at Business End Customs and now the after
DSCF1521.jpg

DSCF1523.jpg

Last edited:
My son picked up a like Para LTC 1911 earlier in the month for a song at Collectors...before (stock photo)
Para-Ordnance-LTC-45-ACP.jpg

Ordered a few parts, dropped it off to Lou at Business End Customs and now the after
Pic Soon To Come...It's worth the wait!

very interested in seeing it, Lou did a great job with my Para Warthog

Not another gun, but

I'll finally get to bring order into the chaos in the basement armory.
BIL has finished the rifle rack and it's supposed to go into the "bunker" over the weekend.
The rack is 8' 2" wide and 5' 7" high. It fits 2x18 boomsticks
in the lower and 2x15 in the upper rows.

e6d6cea5.jpg

80e4137d.jpg

7cb6a877.jpg

909d0ba6.jpg

ef3304df.jpg

5bf67c5b.jpg

11188a2d.jpg

e14ee6c6.jpg

9cdec2b5.jpg

I will be seen shuffling rifles around for a day or so....
"After" pics to follow.

Juergen:

That looks awesome! I wish I had the space/secure room to do a set up like that. Unfortunately, with the little space that my wife has allotted me, I have more of a “Bunker-ette”.

Chris

Juergen, that is one sweet piece. You must show pics when it's full.

Chris, there's very little I would not give to have the contents of your "Bunker-ette"

Juergen:

That looks awesome! I wish I had the space/secure room to do a set up like that. Unfortunately, with the little space that my wife has allotted me, I have more of a “Bunker-ette”.

Chris

Thanks!
It helps a lot to
a) have a master carpenter as a Brother in Law
b) have done "space allocations" right when the boiler room became empty

However, SWMBO is going to go banana when she realizes that at least one
safe is moving to another basement room - the former "bunkerette".
She hasn't commented on this yet, although a file cabinet full of slugs and
shot shells miraculously found it's way into that room already[smile]

Back
Top Bottom