New Acquisitions for March 2011

IMAG0099.jpg

Spikes 16" M4LE midlength w/ 9" BAR free-float rail
AimPoint PRO red dot

Apologies for crappy cellphone picture taken in our bedroom, cat included.

Have the same 70-200mm 2.8f IS. It is my second money maker after my 24-70 2.8 L. Awesome glass.

I have both as well with the difference being I picked up the 70-200 f/2.8L IS II. Love the thing!! Combined with a 2x II Canon extender and it is a good wildlife lens too without buying a specific lens for that reason.

Atmay, have you had a chance to hit the range yet with the Aimpoint PRO? What are you impressions of it so far? (I'm only asking cause I just ordered one)

btw, very nice AR!

Atmay, have you had a chance to hit the range yet with the Aimpoint PRO? What are you impressions of it so far? (I'm only asking cause I just ordered one)

btw, very nice AR!

I did some plinking with it the other day. The R&G suffered a catastrophic failure of the target frame (2x4s, a pallet and some scrap plywood), so we were just shooting at crap on the berm, but I like it! I'll be shooting it more (at a real range [laugh]) this weekend, I'll let you know how that goes.

And thanks!

So what we have here is an M96 Robinson Recon & A Kel-Tec RFB. Both are very rare and hard to find in Mass. So the time to buy items like these is "whenever you see them".

I have wanted both of these for quite some time now and it just so happened that I saw both in the month of March.

Marchspurchases.jpg

m96underfold.jpg

m96extended.jpg

m96.jpg

rfb2.jpg

rfb.jpg

I'll finally get to bring order into the chaos in the basement armory.
BIL has finished the rifle rack and it's supposed to go into the "bunker" over the weekend.
The rack is 8' 2" wide and 5' 7" high. It fits 2x18 boomsticks
in the lower and 2x15 in the upper rows.

e6d6cea5.jpg

80e4137d.jpg

7cb6a877.jpg

909d0ba6.jpg

ef3304df.jpg

5bf67c5b.jpg

11188a2d.jpg

e14ee6c6.jpg

9cdec2b5.jpg

I will be seen shuffling rifles around for a day or so....
"After" pics to follow.

That's some fine German engineering. Nice job.

Is that birch plywood?

That's some fine German engineering. Nice job.

Is that birch plywood?

Thanks, all credit belongs to my Brother in Law. He's already shaking his head
in disbelief after I told him that I need a 2nd one of the same size (that would
leave space for a few new acquisitions [laugh]....).
The shelves are of 20mm plywood; all edges chamfered, sanded and lacquered.
The columns are made of massive spruce, approx. 2x4".

Thanks, all credit belongs to my Brother in Law. He's already shaking his head
in disbelief after I told him that I need a 2nd one of the same size (that would
leave space for a few new acquisitions [laugh]....).
The shelves are of 20mm plywood; all edges chamfered, sanded and lacquered.
The columns are made of massive spruce, approx. 2x4".

When will the JuergenG museum of firearms be open?[grin]

I think we'll need a virtual online tour for those of us who will probably never get to see it in person.

Traded a Marlin 336 that I never use for this. A 337 1940 dated k98. Also picked up a case of Yugo 7.62x39
P1011240.jpg

P1011241.jpg

This is a GSG AK 47 .22cal that the wife just had to have. I was in ZHA picking up some ammo with my better half when she spotted it hanging on the back wall. The rest is history...

downsized_0322011842.jpg

Here are a couple of recent purchases:

Polytech Legend, unfired with box. I'm an AR guy, but I still loves me some AKs.
DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

HK SL8 done up as a G36. I'd love to change the barrel out for something that more closely replicates a G36 barrel.
DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

It has the adapter that allows the use of standard AR mags.

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Felt I needed to give a 1911 another try after issues with Kimber. Picked this up on Saturday. Love it!

Have 300 flawless rounds through it so far. Damn thing is a tack driver (at least in the hands of my buddy).

Only 500 made this year. Forged frame, tool steel fire controls, match barrel, just absolute sweetness!

0c11bef4.jpg

c04933e3.jpg

76640587.jpg

fa88c364.jpg

0d8a6bc2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom