• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for March 2013

Got a stack of reloaded ammo from 2 friends. No pics, but you get the idea:

- 300 rds. .357 Mag, 180 grs lead TC for the Marlin
- 500 rds. .38 Spl. 162 grs LRN for Service Revolver
- 500 rds. .38 Spl. 125 grs copper coated WC for PPC (last part of a batch of 3,000)
- 314 rds. .30-30 170 grs SP for the Winnies

Waiting for 1,000 rds 12 gauge Brenneke KO Cleanspeed Plus to hopefully arrive next week and
another 800+ .45 ACP 200 grs LSWC (HG68) within the month.
Season openers, here we come!

Last edited:
Magpul hardware for my build, Moe rifle stock in odg on the way. Heard complaints about the vanguard being loose, this one is nice and tight!

zupusehu.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Magpul hardware for my build, Moe rifle stock in odg on the way. Heard complaints about the vanguard being loose, this one is nice and tight!

I heard complaints on other forums about the handgaurds being loose as well. I bought one for my build in FDE and it is awesome. Nice & tight with no issues at all. My AR build should be done next week, so I will finally get to post it in the March thread!

I also heard that the handguards are tighter if you use the round handguard cap, not the triangular one.

Last edited:
This BCM barrel has the triangular one and the handguard has little notches to work with both. Still nice and tight. All the parts I need except the bfg are in the mail. I've got to cut off the bayo lug and pin the muzzle brake still. Can't wait to start shooting it though!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Got this from S&W in a trade + cash for the defective Walther PK380 I bought in January. Got a smokin' deal...pun intended. Model is 329PD - scandium frame and titanium cylinder, 25oz unloaded. Shoots .44Spl + Magnum.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362181506.725301.jpg

Got this from S&W in a trade + cash for the defective Walther PK380 I bought in January. Got a smokin' deal...pun intended. Model is 329PD - scandium frame and titanium cylinder, 25oz unloaded. Shoots .44Spl + Magnum.

View attachment 56829

.44 spl are fun, but hard to find ammo, my buddy had one and ended up selling it because it was hard to find and expensive.

It's a reloaders cartridge, that's for sure.

that makes sense

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 56829

Nice looking firearm you've got there! (Forgot to say that before)

Give us a range report.

Pretty much what I expected, I had the guy bore sight it when I bought it. Got it dialed in at 25 and 50, It's the typical cheap-o scope that comes with them when you buy at Dicks, but worked fine so far, should be good up to 100 but I'll have to get a new one to go beyond that. Nice trigger, light rifle, 4 round capacity, the recoil is about what I expected for a 30-06 round, there isn't much gun to absorb the recoil (unlike by friend's 8mm Mauser.) If you wanted to get picky, I don't but some would, the bolt likes to be pushed straight in, so if you're working it quick, and don't have a good grab on it, the bolt doesn't like to slide right in, might be better after I give it some cleaning and lubing.

I'm glad I got the 30-06, the ammo is actually available, not cheap at around $1 a round. I look forward to getting back out there is going for it at 100yrds.

Nice MSAR! My favorite 223/556 rifle to shoot. I changed the flash hider out for a levang linear comp and it is much more fun, for me and for the people to the right and left of me. :) Which generation?

Back
Top Bottom