New Acquisitions for March 2013

P1020660_2.jpg

Just got this today and installed it this afternoon. Think it might need new grips since its barley a Ruger anymore.

Volquartsen Trigger, Tactical Solutions Upper, Ruger Grip frame.

It followed me home today...

xd331_zps50a70005.jpg

Its a Mcree folder in FDE for my Savage build. I have all the parts but need an action wrench to install my barrel. Should be arriving Thursday so will post full pics/specs on Thursday.

2 new automatics delivered to the house today, hopefully the third by the weekend

a custom built out the front from a guy in Oklahoma won on gunbroker.
very nicely made, strong spring, good blade, and very smooth action both in and out. but heavier than i would prefer so i may just sell this one.

OTFautomatic002_zps4e6c9b73.jpg

OTFautomatic001_zps3761e1dc.jpg

and my latest Microtech, a ultratech. also an out the front won on gunbroker.
it's a Microtech, nothing else really needs to be said.

microtech_zps61221b68.jpg

This surprises me, I'll have to try one. I haven't played with a polymer Walther yet that made me wet.

Billy after owning glocks xd's m&p's this trigger is hard to beat has no gritty feeling what so ever, breaks clean and has the smallest reset

oh I always wanted one of those. It is about the best all purpose lens ever created by man. Congratulations.

Sounds pretty sweet. I'll have to check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a gun but still pretty awesome. For all you photog's out there;

535592_10200321734558484_1685422422_n_zps47d0b93b.jpg

2 new automatics delivered to the house today, hopefully the third by the weekend

a custom built out the front from a guy in Oklahoma won on gunbroker.
very nicely made, strong spring, good blade, and very smooth action both in and out. but heavier than i would prefer so i may just sell this one.

OTFautomatic002_zps4e6c9b73.jpg

OTFautomatic001_zps3761e1dc.jpg

and my latest Microtech, a ultratech. also an out the front won on gunbroker.
it's a Microtech, nothing else really needs to be said.

microtech_zps61221b68.jpg
Very stabby! [thumbsup]

Newly licensed. Picked up a sp2022 .40 cal with night sights yesterday. Can't wait join a club.

--------------------------------------
Sent from yet another mobile device.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362654915664.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362654915664.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Just finished this build tonight[smile]

binqx1.jpg

Specs:
Stevens 200 action/bolt in .308
Mcree Precision Folder in FDE
Criterion Match SS 26" Barrel
Northland CNC Barrel Nut
Northland CNC recoil lug
Rifle Basix trigger
Bushnell 3.5-21x50mm G2DMR scope
Vortex/seekins Rings
Weaver tactical rail (need to change this out but will do for now)
Alpha 1 Magazines
Triad Butt stock pounch
Harris Bipod
Hogue grips

Going to update the bolt handle I think and add a pod lock and this guy is done . Will be out Sunday to zero it in. Can't wait!

Just finished this build tonight[smile]

binqx1.jpg

Specs:
Stevens 200 action/bolt in .308
Mcree Precision Folder in FDE
Criterion Match SS 26" Barrel
Northland CNC Barrel Nut
Northland CNC recoil lug
Rifle Basix trigger
Bushnell 3.5-21x50mm G2DMR scope
Vortex/seekins Rings
Weaver tactical rail (need to change this out but will do for now)
Alpha 1 Magazines
Triad Butt stock pounch
Harris Bipod
Hogue grips

Going to update the bolt handle I think and add a pod lock and this guy is done . Will be out Sunday to zero it in. Can't wait!

really nice.
appx. $ ???

really nice.
appx. $ ???

Hits almost $2700 enough to almost cause a divorce. More than I was expecting and I thought I would have a tax refund to help out which was actually a tax payment.

But have a action wrench in there and a barrel wrench and I need to get it headspaced which I might have to pay for today if Four Seasons has that ability today.

Well, today is my birthday and a few folks have asked what have I gotten for myself. This is slightly premature as I will not have it in hand for a week or so, but this is my birthday present to myself. It is a commercial Martini sporting rifle sold by Isaac Hollis & Sons of Birmingham, England. I. Hollis & Sons was a major British distributer and manufacturer throughout the 19th century. Although they made a lot of firearms they were also known for buying from local gunsmiths and "prettying up" those guns with checkering, engraving etc. I don't know yet if they made this rifle or just sold it. They were known for their shotguns, but also did a big market in sporting rifles destined for the South African market (Martinis, Sniders, Cape Guns). Early on there was an importation requirement to South Africa that all rifles imported into the country had to have long range sights capable of volley fire, even sporting rifles. At the time civlians were called upon to stand with the military to defend against the native peoples (Zulus) and the strategy was often long range volley fire. This lead to a particular sight system that became known as African or Express sights. A series of fold up leafs coupled with a ladder sight. This style lingered on even after the requirement was lifted. My rifle was probably made in the late 1880's or early 1890's, I will find out eventually. The currrent owner purchased it in South Africa. It is chambered for the .577/450 round and has Henry rifling. The bore is excellent. The caps on the pistol grip and forend are made of horn. A few nicks in the stock, but overall quite good condition. The upper lever on the receiver is a safety which works, but I understand is not to be trusted. Below are a few photos and a copy of a page from an 1893 I. Hollis catalog that I found on line.

Luckily I already shoot .577/450 so getting this old dog barking again will not be hard.

pix892332622_zps2f870ad8.jpg

pix582192813_zps937021d8.jpg

pix574500626_zps8b13975d.jpg

pix752245921_zps3dfe2245.jpg

pix955428658_zps109f1a89.jpg

pix880159868_zps43b1d50f.jpg

HOLLISMARTINI3S_zps44bbefc1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom