New Acquisitions for March 2013

I had to seriously chase down the UPS guy to get this because he was to much of a puss to drive up my 95% plowed driveway, but it was all worth it. New Galco shoulder holster. Guess what JeffC is gonna start CCWing!!!!!
View attachment 57926
Nice Galco leather.... Plus
View attachment 57927
A S&W 500 Equals....
my new cold weather CCW package

I had to seriously chase down the UPS guy to get this because he was to much of a puss to drive up my 95% plowed driveway, but it was all worth it. New Galco shoulder holster. Guess what JeffC is gonna start CCWing!!!!!
View attachment 57926
Nice Galco leather.... Plus
View attachment 57927
A S&W 500 Equals....
my new cold weather CCW package

Very Nice!

20130308_182145.jpg

582 series Ruger Mini-30, 5x 20 rd Ruger mags (it came with a stock 5rd mag), cheap-azzed used Tasco scope (rings came with the gun), 5x20 rd Wolf (yes, I am aware of the issues with it, but got it anyway), 5x20 Fiocchi. Also picked up some cleaning brushes, a lock, and a nice Blackhawk soft case w/5x mag holders on the outside.

I actually got the lower in January, and most of the parts in Feb, but just put it together this morning. Just need to drive 1 pin in a little further and tighten the castle nut. Did the install without any punches, used a hard plastic squeeze vice to push the pins in, worked awesome except for the one that's not quite flush, I'll finish it up at my buddies before testing it since he has all the tools. No scratches!

Excuse the iphone photo.

IMG_0052.jpg

Time to work on getting an upper!

- Jon

Seekins is spanky.
seekins.jpg

Work on my reloading bench continues as well.
bench.jpg

Finally got this set up yesterday and had it cranking out 45ACP like a charm today......

DSCN0174_zps8011a930.jpg
DSCN0171_zps070c20e6.jpg
Now it resides next to its twin....small primer production on the left; large primer on the right....life is good [smile]
DSCN0169_zpscf8ffbac.jpg

2 new automatics delivered to the house today, hopefully the third by the weekend

a custom built out the front from a guy in Oklahoma won on gunbroker.
very nicely made, strong spring, good blade, and very smooth action both in and out. but heavier than i would prefer so i may just sell this one.

OTFautomatic002_zps4e6c9b73.jpg

OTFautomatic001_zps3761e1dc.jpg

and my latest Microtech, a ultratech. also an out the front won on gunbroker.
it's a Microtech, nothing else really needs to be said.

microtech_zps61221b68.jpg

very nice...sushi cutters

I'm not particularly well off so I didn't expect to have the chance to own one of these this soon. Went to four seasons this afternoon looking for a 22/45 and if they didn't have that, I had enough to swing a Ruger sp101 or a gp100. Then I saw this used in the case for $599 and I now own the gun I've dreamed of owning for years! Call it a bday present to myself, bought it with the rest of my tax returns after grabbing a marlin 60 this morning. Taking it shooting tomorrow since I happened to find 3 100 round boxes of wwb .45 at lunenburg walmart tonight. I'm not sure I've been more excited in my life!!!!!!!1!!!! F***YEAH! MURICA!

ubeje9y4.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm not particularly well off so I didn't expect to have the chance to own one of these this soon. Went to four seasons this afternoon looking for a 22/45 and if they didn't have that, I had enough to swing a Ruger sp101 or a gp100. Then I saw this used in the case for $599 and I now own the gun I've dreamed of owning for years! Call it a bday present to myself, bought it with the rest of my tax returns after grabbing a marlin 60 this morning. Taking it shooting tomorrow since I happened to find 3 100 round boxes of wwb .45 at lunenburg walmart tonight. I'm not sure I've been more excited in my life!!!!!!!1!!!! F***YEAH! MURICA!

ubeje9y4.jpg

Outstanding! Congratulations and hope you'll post a range report!

Whelp, I finished my first AR last week and got it out to the range today. It was a gorgeous day out, and I had the rifle range all to myself. At 50yds my first 2 rounds were about 10" low. Adjusted the sights and was on paper and about 3" away from the bull on a 12" target with my next 3 rounds. Put a few more into the target and played with the sights a bit to tighten up my groups and then I decided to shift to the steel plate at 100yds...

ding
ding
ding
ding
ding

Of my first 30rds on steel at 100yds, 28 of them were hits. I am absolutely floored at how accurate this rifle is. Not too shabby for my first build, first AR, first rifle...

Though this has been slowly acquired piece by piece since about October, I feel like now that I've shot it I can call it done. I've posted some pics in other threads, but figured it was now worthy of being named a "new acquisition."

I just wish ammo wasn't such a PITA to find!

9FB31378-AFCB-4006-A6CA-C099C2655A6F-37636-00001C205FD0753F-1.jpg

DGW1of1.jpg

Been a good month for me, already posted pics of my new 1911 and the ar I'm building, also grabbed a used gun cabinet and marlin 60, applied some stickers and grabbed some pics!
3arapaze.jpg
5yzegapa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom