• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for November 2008!

One of my new aquisitions... GSG-5 from ZHA. Thanks mark for the transaction.
DSC_8152.jpg

Now to accesorize and get some lead in the barrel

There I found Obie, my new "Obama" gun. a 19" barreled saiga shotgun.
Now I need to get her Evilified with a pistol grip, collapsible stock, some kinda toothy muzzle device and anything else evil, mean & nasty I can find !

Dennis good luck with it!!!

gsr_l_controls.jpg

ThIs started out as this a couple of months ago.

02-frame.jpg

$1400 to date and still not finished..

I can't figure out which finish I want Black nickle of shiny hard chrome.

Last edited:
Do you have in build in progress pictures you'd like to share? vicpinto

This one is basically done it just has to be sent out to be finished. It's going to be a long time before I ever do another from just the bare frame.

The only tips I have to building a 1911 is use a Kart barrel and have it reamed if your going to use any type of reloads, Ed Brown parts and face the fact that it's going to cost a lot more than you thought. By the time this is finished it will have cost me $1800.00

Also in hind sight I would have been better off using a stainless steel frame and slide than one made from carbon steel, if I had it would have saved me $350.00.

Last edited:
i do put much up but here are two new ones

100_2604.jpg

picked this up about a month ago colt 70 series

100_2603.jpg

picked this up today got them both at ZHA springfield 1911-a1

Ray... if you were to lay out every one of your sks' in your backyard for a group photo... how big of a backyard would you need? [smile]

My camera is at work so I will add some photos later. Stopped by Collectors in Stoneham yesterday with no intention to buy anything. Big mistake. Jack had just acquired some fellows collection. In it was an NAA Guardian .32 ACP with extra mag with original box in pristine condition. When I walked in Jack was talking with a customer who was a brand new shooter and wanted to look at a Walther PPK. It was the only handgun the guy had ever shot. So as the guy is examining the PPK, Jack shows him the NAA as a way of comparison. The guy is admiring how small and concealable the NAA is and I am thinking, man, that ain't no gun for a new shooter. Finally he puts down the NAA and asks to see a Sig at which point I tell the other Jack behind the counter that I will take it. Also came with a holster and a Desantis daytimer type pouch thingy, I don't care for either of them. NAA still has the warranty card.

By the way. The collection that Jack took in had a bunch of single actions, an S&W Schofield and a beautiful nickle plated S&W 19 with a 6" barrel.

Hey Goose, congrats on the aquisition. I fixed your quote for you as every one of us has said it or a varient thereof.[smile]

any NESer on any given day said:
Stopped by [insert local gunshop here] yesterday with no intention to buy anything. Big mistake. [Fill in story and or justification of new purchase of firearm here.]

Just purchased this AR tonight from a fellow NESer:

ifbfcn.jpg

Olympic Arms Ultra Match w/Bushnell 3-9x50 scope.

Also has a .22 conversion kit so I can afford to shoot it!

gsr_l_controls.jpg

ThIs started out as this a couple of months ago.

02-frame.jpg

$1400 to date and still not finished..

I can't figure out which finish I want Black nickle of shiny hard chrome.

Bugs... This looks awesome!!! I'm glad I saw this post. Who did you end up using to build the gun? Did you use Novaks instead of BoMars for the rear sight? Did they have to fill the slide in as it was cut for BoMars?

Pete

Wooo Hooo I get to post something here!

My first Mass gun.
Walther P22, picked it up from a fellow NES member today.
Received 5 magazines with it also.
p22.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom