New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Ok, I checking in. I'm Bill from Athol, MA. I have a lot of experience with firearms but only last summer was I motivated to get my LTC-A and purchase handguns. I've actually been reading the fora for some months but this is my first post. Mostly I think of something sage to add and I wait a while and someone else adds it without needing my input. People on this site are really sharp. I hope at some point i will have learned enough to have something useful to say. Until that time I will profit from the acumen and wisdom of the regular posters.

Hello Bill,

There are plenty that just lurk for knowledge and will post rarely. As long as your one of the good guys we are glad to have you ;) Enjoy your time on the site.

Mike from Georgia checking in. I found the site through one of the online dealers I was talking with about pre-ban mags. My sister-in-law and her family are in Kingston, MA. We have had some great vacations from the cape, up to Nova Scotia. I won't be posting in your forum much. I've been talking to a few of you through pm's.

Mike from Georgia checking in. I found the site through one of the online dealers I was talking with about pre-ban mags. My sister-in-law and her family are in Kingston, MA. We have had some great vacations from the cape, up to Nova Scotia. I won't be posting in your forum much. I've been talking to a few of you through pm's.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for giving us a little introduction. Glad you found the site useful. If there is anything else you may need we are all working towards the same goal here, to protect our 2nd amendment right and enjoy some time with fellow enthusiast. Enjoy

Patrick from maine checking in. Joined to keep track of when events may be in my area. Got interested in competition shooting.

Hello and happy to have you here Patrick,

What competitions mainly are you looking to be involved with? Action Shooting, Rifle/Precision shooting, steel challenge… regardless your in good company.

Hello and happy to have you here Patrick,

What competitions mainly are you looking to be involved with? Action Shooting, Rifle/Precision shooting, steel challenge… regardless your in good company.

just did a clinic on bullseye shooting. Looking to take one on idpa soon.

Always had an interest in other sports too but thats all we really got here besidses trap (which i do ocassionally.)

Looking to see if other disciplines are represented when i branch out a little. Id be extremely interested in anything rimfire also, got lots of ammo for that laying around but centerfire avalibility is low still.

just did a clinic on bullseye shooting. Looking to take one on idpa soon.

Always had an interest in other sports too but thats all we really got here besidses trap (which i do ocassionally.)

Looking to see if other disciplines are represented when i branch out a little. Id be extremely interested in anything rimfire also, got lots of ammo for that laying around but centerfire avalibility is low still.

Prime candidate for some steel challenges and IDPA is awesome but I am more familiar with USPSA myself, kind of fallen out of the practice/competition routine I had but there is plenty others on the board that are very active.

Hello; my name is Tracy and I am a foreigner in that while I live Northeast (of Houston, that is), I don't live in "the" Northeast.
I have been shooting for over 40 years; reloading and amateur gunsmithing for a goodly portion of that. I'm here because I stumbled across Boris' awesome projects: the Shovel AK and the Iron Glock.[smile]

Howdy. I just joined up to read about and share thoughts on shooting equipment, techniques, practices and all that. I work with a small company that manufacturers firearms and help them out with producing instructional and technical material for their products.

Hello; my name is Tracy and I am a foreigner in that while I live Northeast (of Houston, that is), I don't live in "the" Northeast.
I have been shooting for over 40 years; reloading and amateur gunsmithing for a goodly portion of that. I'm here because I stumbled across Boris' awesome projects: the Shovel AK and the Iron Glock.[smile]

Hello Tracy,

Sorry I missed this post or I would have welcomed you a lot sooner. Many people have come because of the works by our infamous Boris ;) HAHA
Glad you said hello and maybe we will see you in the discussions. 40 years shooting you got to have a few pointers you can give us all!

Howdy. I just joined up to read about and share thoughts on shooting equipment, techniques, practices and all that. I work with a small company that manufacturers firearms and help them out with producing instructional and technical material for their products.

ZapBoomPow,

Hello and welcome to the site. From New Mexico … how did you come across our forum? There is a dealers section if you were looking to advertise your company or gear here just fyi. Regardless of all that make yourself at home, just be forewarned many topics are relevant to the Northeast section of the US.

I've been a member for a while but this is my first post so I figured I'd drop it in here. My name is Ryan, originally from Tewksbury, MA now living in Shirley, MA (home of the best gun club in the IMO). I enjoy all shooting sports, but I do hope to get more involved in 3-gun. I reload 9mm, .223 and .308, hopefully .44 mag soon and I enjoy hunting (bow, shotgun, BP). Most recently I've caught the 80% lower bug. This site is an excellent resource and seems to have a thriving community, hopefully my next post will be as a NH resident.

I've been a member for a while but this is my first post so I figured I'd drop it in here. My name is Ryan, originally from Tewksbury, MA now living in Shirley, MA (home of the best gun club in the IMO). I enjoy all shooting sports, but I do hope to get more involved in 3-gun. I reload 9mm, .223 and .308, hopefully .44 mag soon and I enjoy hunting (bow, shotgun, BP). Most recently I've caught the 80% lower bug. This site is an excellent resource and seems to have a thriving community, hopefully my next post will be as a NH resident.

Hello Ryan,

Best of luck to the transition into NH, I am jealous! Glad you decided to make a post and introduce yourself. See you in the discussions when you decide to post again ;) lol

Hi! We are The Armory Inc.! We are a Veteran run and operated FFL. With focus on customer needs and values, as well as continued education for responsible firearms owners. We are staffed by some of Massachusetts most knowledgeable and respected sales staff, which includes top level shooters, police officers, military veterans and firearms instructors. We're located in Woburn, MA and are hoping to bring some of the best prices, unique firearms, and most knowledgeable sales staff to the area! We are having a Grand Opening BBQ on June 1st and hope to see you there!

Hi! We are The Armory Inc.! We are a Veteran run and operated FFL. With focus on customer needs and values, as well as continued education for responsible firearms owners. We are staffed by some of Massachusetts most knowledgeable and respected sales staff, which includes top level shooters, police officers, military veterans and firearms instructors. We're located in Woburn, MA and are hoping to bring some of the best prices, unique firearms, and most knowledgeable sales staff to the area! We are having a Grand Opening BBQ on June 1st and hope to see you there!

JUNE 1st FOLKS - Get your FOOD and check out The Armory !
Welcome :)

You will be sure to see me there :) cant say no to good prices and good food :)

Btw id like to introduce myself to the forum.
Im Jarrad 27 from monson mass. I just recently got into owning and reloading guns. I always loved shooting bb guns as a child and some archery. So I finally took the step and applied for the LTC. I currently have a new bench and machine, dillon 550b with the .45acp setup. Looking to add 4 other calibers to the list eventually. My first gun is a sig sauer p250 but now ill be getting a H&K p30 this weekend. I love the forum and all the helpful people around here. Cya around

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You will be sure to see me there :) cant say no to good prices and good food :)

Btw id like to introduce myself to the forum.
Im Jarrad 27 from monson mass. I just recently got into owning and reloading guns. I always loved shooting bb guns as a child and some archery. So I finally took the step and applied for the LTC. I currently have a new bench and machine, dillon 550b with the .45acp setup. Looking to add 4 other calibers to the list eventually. My first gun is a sig sauer p250 but now ill be getting a H&K p30 this weekend. I love the forum and all the helpful people around here. Cya around

Welcome Jarrad,

Enjoy your time here and thanks for the introduction. Maybe I will see you at the BBQ :)

Hey all,
I'm Matt. I grew up learning on gun and moved quickly over to my friend's 22. When I got to my teenage years I worked summers at a kids camp and taught NRA courses. I've since moved up to MA and after being here 15 years I finally decided to move out of the Boston area to Central MA, joined the Rutland Sportsman's Club and recently got my LTC A. So time to start collecting again.

Hey all,
I'm Matt. I grew up learning on gun and moved quickly over to my friend's 22. When I got to my teenage years I worked summers at a kids camp and taught NRA courses. I've since moved up to MA and after being here 15 years I finally decided to move out of the Boston area to Central MA, joined the Rutland Sportsman's Club and recently got my LTC A. So time to start collecting again.

Welcome Matt,

Sorry for the late reply. Busy as a bee with the nice weather finally coming around. Wish you the best in your time on the forum and thanks for the introduction.

New guy here. My name is Chris. Been lurking as a guest for a couple of months. Awaiting some odd 50ish days since my interview for my ltc-a without a peep in a green south shore town. As of a week ago DCJIS had no idea who I was, but looking in other threads this seems to be the new norm. In the meantime, loving the info this site has available.

New guy here. My name is Chris. Been lurking as a guest for a couple of months. Awaiting some odd 50ish days since my interview for my ltc-a without a peep in a green south shore town. As of a week ago DCJIS had no idea who I was, but looking in other threads this seems to be the new norm. In the meantime, loving the info this site has available.

Hello and welcome Chris,

Sorry to hear of the wait on your LTC process, and although it may be somewhat the norm it does not make it any better. Hope to hear you receive it soon. Thanks for joining up the forum and hope to see you supporting the good fight through COMM2A, GOAL, Etc. Thanks

Hi all, New Hampshirite here, found the site originally while doing research on shotguns. Just made my first gun purchase last week :D (picked up a mossberg 500, already beat my shoulder up pretty good this past weekend with a couple boxes of high brass slugs)

Anyways, Seems like a great community so I will stick around, though I made the account in the first place because I have some questions about tannerite, been having trouble with lawn enforcement and I am trying to get clear information on the legality/use and multiple internet searches have not turned up much. I will be posting in the NH Law sub-forum shortly. And hopefully we can get a few things squared away so that the information will be available to others like myself.

Hi all, New Hampshirite here, found the site originally while doing research on shotguns. Just made my first gun purchase last week :D (picked up a mossberg 500, already beat my shoulder up pretty good this past weekend with a couple boxes of high brass slugs)

Anyways, Seems like a great community so I will stick around, though I made the account in the first place because I have some questions about tannerite, been having trouble with lawn enforcement and I am trying to get clear information on the legality/use and multiple internet searches have not turned up much. I will be posting in the NH Law sub-forum shortly. And hopefully we can get a few things squared away so that the information will be available to others like myself.

Welcome melon,

Glad you decided to make an introduction and hope you stick around once you get your answer. Enjoy the site!

Hello,

My name is Bob and I live in S. Worc. county.
I've had my FID since when they used to say expiration "good for life".[smile]
That was circa 1978 approx.
Unfortunately that went away years ago.

Recently my FID came up for renewal so my wife and I took a Home firearms safety class and applied for a class A no restrictions.
Just had and interview last week and looks good to go. Green town.

I've been doing quite a bit of reading here and learning a lot.
I'm an NRA member and hope to join GOAL as well as being a paid member here soon.

Hello,

My name is Bob and I live in S. Worc. county.
I've had my FID since when they used to say expiration "good for life".[smile]
That was circa 1978 approx.
Unfortunately that went away years ago.

Recently my FID came up for renewal so my wife and I took a Home firearms safety class and applied for a class A no restrictions.
Just had and interview last week and looks good to go. Green town.

I've been doing quite a bit of reading here and learning a lot.
I'm an NRA member and hope to join GOAL as well as being a paid member here soon.

Welcome to the site Rob,

Thanks for the introduction and joining back into the community again with a fresh FID. Did you not want to go for your LTC?
Hopefully you will be considering donating to COMM2A as well as they are also a leader of the good fight here in MA.
Wish you the best in your time here and throughout your travels.

Welcome to the site Rob,

Thanks for the introduction and joining back into the community again with a fresh FID. Did you not want to go for your LTC?
Hopefully you will be considering donating to COMM2A as well as they are also a leader of the good fight here in MA.
Wish you the best in your time here and throughout your travels.

Wife and I are both getting our LTC class A.(in the process now)
Class instructors said to go BIG or go home.

Hi All!

New to the forum. I've been to two of the car shoot events this year hosted by NES, had alot of fun and met alot of great people. I know there's another one in August, does anyone know the exact date for that?

Hi All!

New to the forum. I've been to two of the car shoot events this year hosted by NES, had alot of fun and met alot of great people. I know there's another one in August, does anyone know the exact date for that?

Hello and welcome to the site RaginAsian,

Sounds like you already got a good example of why this place can be so much fun. Happy to know you had a good time at one of the shoots.
Check out the Monadnock club threads for the dates of the shoots. Hope to see you go Green in support of the forum and become a paid member.

Just checking in here to say hi and get the first post out of the way. I was USMC until 2012, been living back in MA, decided to pick up my LTC A, currently on the prowl for my first pistol purchase here in MA as a civilian, which brought me to this site. Hoping to get my hands on either a 229 SAS (9mm) or an XDS (9mm) to start, both of which seem to be a pain in the ass to find due to the fantastic gun laws here! Either way, excited to get started with a new community, certainly a lot more fun going to civilian ranges than getting stuck on the USMC ones!

Back
Top Bottom