New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello from northern VT. I'm Erik. Been shooting since 2008 when I bought my first rifle, a 1938 Mosin Nagant. I collect WWII surplus plus some Cold War stuff. Notable firearms in my collection include an Aussie L1A1 SLR, Hi Power Mk2, Aussie No1 Enfield, a last ditch Type 99 and my 1943 Springfield M1. I also dabble in ARs, SIG and HK pistols. These days most of my shooting revolves around staying proficient with my AR and pistol. I'd like to get into 2 gun but there doesn't appear to be any matches in my area.

Au contrare! There's supposed to be a 2-gun match at Pemi Fish and Game in NH this September. There's also 2-gun at Townsend Rod and Gun in Mass.

Sorry, I forgot to check in, from Hickory NC
Hello! I just joined. How do I go about posting a firearms for sale ad?

Al
Worcester Area

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to Northeast Shooters everyone. Have fun and enjoy the shooting!
An education awaits you...!
~Enbloc

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Hey all, I’m new to this, I’m browsing the classifieds, trying to get familiar. Looks like a very informative place here. I’m sure I’ll be asking some questions soon.

Hello Everyone. I'm from central Mass and have been shooting since the late 70s when I was in my teens. I found the site when trying to gain insight into the Gordian Knot that is Mass gun laws. Just getting around to the introduction after joining July 4th, which seemed like a good way to celebrate our independence and it was also the anniversary of my first day of basic training more than three decades ago!

Hi guys,
Josh here. I’ve been a lurker on here for years, but finally signed up. I just moved to Oxford. I’m a member of the Air National Guard, and work for an underground utility company during the week. Been shooting for several years, and am interested in getting more involved in the 2A community. Glad to be here!

Hello all, glad to be apart of the forums, very good help and information.

I live in freetown (technically assonet), growing up my dad has owned guns and I shot a couple times at the range with him as a kid.

Now I'm 22 and have taken many courses over the past year for pistols and rifles. My dad recommended northeast shooters now that I'm applying for my LTC.

Just out of curiosity im wondering if anyone has any experience or knows anyone who has delt with Freetown, are they green?

Oh man, so many new members. Welcome to all! I stopped getting notifications for this thread a while ago. I don't know why because I still "watch" it....... so, my apologies to all for not personally welcoming you. There's far too many now to go back and individually say hello so please accept my general "welcome" message to the NES community. I hope all y'all enjoy your stay and looking forward to seeing your messages in the forum [cheers]

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hello,

I am just north of Boston, only been shooting a few years now , enjoy HK handguns and trap shooting, been on a few leagues though sadly my scores never seem to improve much . Always like to keep aware of current affairs and learn about different options for new stuff to buy and this seemed like a great place for both.

Hello,

I am just north of Boston, only been shooting a few years now , enjoy HK handguns and trap shooting, been on a few leagues though sadly my scores never seem to improve much . Always like to keep aware of current affairs and learn about different options for new stuff to buy and this seemed like a great place for both.

Hi BZ! Welcome to NES. Thanks for making the effort to write an intro post. We appreciate it. I always look forward to reading these. Hey, don't be too down on your scores... as long as you're having fun, does it really matter that much? :cool:

Hope to see you around and don't be shy to post on the forum [cheers]

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi everyone, June here from greater Worcester area. Been shooting casually for a few years (mostly pistols) and very recently got into sporting clays. Currently waiting on my LTC - fingers crossed! - and shopping/researching my first gun purchase!

Found this forum while looking into MA gun laws, I'm still not 100% clear on everything but this forum has been a wealth of information and so glad I found it!

Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster. I've had my MA LTC for years and hunt deer in upstate NY with a .308, but want to get into some long-range and multigun shooting. Lots of great advice on the threads that I hope to take advantage of, and eventually contribute to.

Hey all, I’m Neil live in Beverly ma, shot a lot back in college early 90s had my ltc but let it lapse due to marriage and family. Got it reinstated this spring and joined cape Ann rod and gun club. Really just enjoy the sport of shooting, not a hunter at all, different strokes for different folks and all!

Greetings and hopefully everyone is staying safe and sane during these crazy times.....born/raised in western MA, now living just north of Boston on the “north shore”.....recently retired after 25 years as a federal LEO...new member at the Reading range (RRR) so I’m definitely looking forward to shooting frequently as a hobby and NOT as a job requirement :) ....also looking forward to learning a ton from everyone here....nice to be part of a regional Forum. Stay healthy everyone and thx for the chance to say hi.

It is awesome to have you all as new members! Welcome! and feel free to ask questions.
We'll help when we can; or at least point you in the right direction. [smile]

Happy to have you aboard,
~Enbloc

Hey folks, I'm Scott, in my 30s, and I live near the Boston area. I shoot sporting clays most weekends but lately I've been trying to improve my proficiency with punching holes in paper. Love the forum and all my interactions with NEShooters classifieds have been a pleasure. It's obvious the community here is a good one. I'm a long time lurker but I'm starting to see the value of being able to reply to threads so here we are. If anyone has good advice for optics to run on a Tavor that aren't necessarily Trijicon $$$ I'm wide open for suggestions!

A sig romeo came with the gun, and it's fine but I'm wondering if I need something with magnification. Thank you for the tip, looks like i'll be doing some research at lunch today!

A sig romeo came with the gun, and it's fine but I'm wondering if I need something with magnification. Thank you for the tip, looks like i'll be doing some research at lunch today!
Absolutely! Flip over magnifier.

If I was headed to Fellujah I would want an ACOG. But short of EOTWAWKI, Primary Arms stuff is a good value for the money.

Back
Top Bottom