No Guns For Pot Smokers

And making poor choices (like being unable to abstain so they can pass a pre-employment pee test), likely correlates with other cognitive impairments.

OTOH... that's racist!
This was brought up as part of diversity training for my company. A room full construction workers who are used to snoring through these required harassment and racism trainings were laughing out loud and up in arms arguing with the instructor, I loved it! [rofl]

When CO first legalized, troopers in neighboring states were pulling over and searching cars merely for coming from CO. They claimed that to be probable cause to search for drugs.
Not unlike anti-gun states pulling over out state vehicles that come up for concealed carry permit.
Yes Nebraska and Kansas were doing this a lot, and got slapped down in the courts for it.

And in a way it's kind of ironic- recreational sales in Colorado is allowed only by local option.

When rec sales opened Denver, Boulder and a lot of the mountain ski towns allowed it, but Colorado Springs and a huge number of the more rural areas didn't allow rec sales- many still don't. Weed is legal- but you may have to drive 100+ miles to buy some legally. Another driver of the continued black market for sales.

All of the counties out on the plains didn't have legal rec sales- but you had farmers and ranchers crossing state lines to do business getting tossed for weed searches. That contirbuted to the cops doing it getting the practice stopped.

Last edited:
This was brought up as part of diversity training for my company. A room full construction workers who are used to snoring through these required harassment and racism trainings were laughing out loud and up in arms arguing with the instructor, I loved it! [rofl]
With my employer, it doesn't matter if one was using federally legal CDB products that triggered a positive drug test. You're gone. The drug screen tests for cannabinoids.
Every vape/smoke shop sells clean urine drug test kits. Only helps for pre-employment screens, not spot check with no warning.

With my employer, it doesn't matter if one was using federally legal CDB products that triggered a positive drug test. You're gone. The drug screen tests for cannabinoids.
Every vape/smoke shop sells clean urine drug test kits. Only helps for pre-employment screens, not spot check with no warning.
yeah we have the same rule, you flunk you're gone.

We're used to that. The funny part that got everyone all riled up was them basically tell us that all the qualities of a good employee that we possess(self motivated, on time, hard working, etc) should not be expected of anyone who is not a white male, and that in fact its racist to expect it.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure there’s no lethal amount of weed…
Clearly you haven’t overdone it w/ edibles. I swore I was going to stop breathing if I fell asleep after doing Too many edibles once 🤣🤣

Edibles being the healthiest way to injest weed and a way that makes them look less drug like for folks new to it (who would never smoke anything), the delayed effects (so people may take more), all the products available now that it can be produced and sold out of the shadows, is starting to hit the radar. The trouble with eating stuff is when it comes on, you are in it for the "long haul" :).

Killing people? Nah. But someone who is drunk or with a heart condition, I bet it could be an aggravating factor. And so could taking an ibuprofen too, being scared, heart rate increasing activity, etc etc. Certainly isn't limited to weed.

The trouble with eating stuff is when it comes on, you are in it for the "long haul" :).
That's something I recall from the days of making pot brownies. Took a while to kick in so you ate more than you should and once it hit you there was no getting off that train. I was also not a big pot guy, I got too paranoid

Clearly you haven’t overdone it w/ edibles. I swore I was going to stop breathing if I fell asleep after doing Too many edibles once 🤣🤣
I was at a bar and this kid asked me if I wanted a cookie he had a plate of them.. He turns around and I’ve eaten more than half the plate and he looks at me and goes you realize there’s weed in those right? I immediately went and made myself throw up. Never got high.

What I don’t like about the whole edible thing. Kids can get into it or unsuspecting adults.

It’s not gonna kill you it’s just gonna make you think you’re dying.

I’m not really into this kind of thing but it’s all around you these days.

I was at a bar and this kid asked me if I wanted a cookie he had a plate of them.. He turns around and I’ve eaten more than half the plate and he looks at me and goes you realize there’s weed in those right? I immediately went and made myself throw up. Never got high.

What I don’t like about the whole edible thing. Kids can get into it or unsuspecting adults.

It’s not gonna kill you it’s just gonna make you think you’re dying.

I’m not really into this kind of thing but it’s all around you these days.

It's definitely an issue/risk with small children (teenagers are gonna try and steal/sneak from parents - nothing new), but as gun owners especially I think we can accept, like a lot of household items, you just don't keep it where a kid can get to it - ie tide pods, sharp knives, etc

I think edibles are a good thing. I'm obviously not on the "it's harmless" bandwagon if you read my posts. Edibles remove the smoking part, help the educated user control the dose they take - ie want 5mg, you take 5mg, want 20mg, take 20mg. The uneducated user, well, like drinkers - mostly we all figured it out the hard way in high school or college, how many drinks is too many and what happens as a result.

It's definitely an issue/risk with small children (teenagers are gonna try and steal/sneak from parents - nothing new), but as gun owners especially I think we can accept, like a lot of household items, you just don't keep it where a kid can get to it - ie tide pods, sharp knives, etc

I think edibles are a good thing. I'm obviously not on the "it's harmless" bandwagon if you read my posts. Edibles remove the smoking part, help the educated user control the dose they take - ie want 5mg, you take 5mg, want 20mg, take 20mg. The uneducated user, well, like drinkers - mostly we all figured it out the hard way in high school or college, how many drinks is too many and what happens as a result.
I don’t think adult use of marijuana medical or recreational is something that the government needs to be involved in even. But they want their taxes no big deal.. Just like alcohol tobacco and firearms it’s all about taxes.

There’s a reason they put warning labels on 5 gallon buckets that a baby might drowned in it.

Irresponsible people are gonna be irresponsible.

What I find interesting is now that marijuana is virtually legal.. It’s no longer a cool thing for kids to do..

So when I do security work and I x-ray bags I see all kinds of vaping devices. They refer to it as contraband because you’re not supposed to have your nicotine pens on site or something. At the same time I come across needles(sharps) Occasionally. But it’s for insulin and after I discovered a few times and recognize the person why would I wanna touch their shit?

How exactly am I supposed to tell whether it’s real contraband or fake contraband? Take a puff out of it? I don’t really care about any of that I’m just looking for weapons/company property.

I swear half the investigations I was doing were “can you wait to get off the property to lite that up”

And

“ I know you stole that Freezepop”

Edibles being the healthiest way to injest weed and a way that makes them look less drug like for folks new to it (who would never smoke anything), the delayed effects (so people may take more), all the products available now that it can be produced and sold out of the shadows, is starting to hit the radar. The trouble with eating stuff is when it comes on, you are in it for the "long haul" :).
Please only use "long haul" for the champs that earned that title, like LSD, mushrooms, etc. [rofl]

Man, this thread is a rollercoaster.
It’s actually a pretty important thread concerning some gun owners. It more relevant to gun owners in states that have stupid gun laws already.

What I find interesting is that Biden won’t support legalizing marijuana federally with the stroke of a pen. As much as he talks about being bipartisan, This is something that he could actually pass through the house and Congress.

He had no problem ending the war overseas in a shitty manor. Maybe he doesn’t want weed to be his legacy achievement. What a presidents should do is to just pardon most of the population in jail. But that’s another industry upon itself.

They talk about his shitty approval ratings. I’m pretty sure this would give them a couple points more positive. Ending the war on drugs and mass incarceration

Killing people? Nah. But someone who is drunk or with a heart condition, I bet it could be an aggravating factor. And so could taking an ibuprofen too, being scared, heart rate increasing activity, etc etc. Certainly isn't limited to weed.

I was just reading that children are ingesting edibles at an alarming rate and they say the firearms industry is marketing to kids?

grafton-police-thc-edibles.jpg SCV-Sheriff-Station.jpg

I was just reading that children are ingesting edibles at an alarming rate and they say the firearms industry is marketing to kids?

View attachment 652314View attachment 652315

A lot of these are fake and contain no thc. Even if you trust your guy send a sample to the lab.

He's been the country's chief drug warrior since 1973. You expect him to change?
I understand he hates guns and drugs and loves children.
I was more hoping his handlers would take care of it.

I was just thinking the guy would sign anything…
I tried to read this article about how Biden could benefit from pardoning trump. But I’m not gonna pay to read somebody’s opinion was

I don’t think Trump would accept a pardon.

Maybe in your AO. Anecdotal but there are a few in this area that are using them now. They are also the same places that have been hit multiple times with underage sales and have "changed ownership" a few times as well.

If your ability to sell liquor is incumbent upon scanning IDs, you can bet yer ass that sh!t is leaving a paper trail.
Almost all stores in Maine now are scan happy. Me no likey. They get enough metadata off my credit card.

I think the weeds are clear here. Two terms rule. User and Lawful. While I believe there is enough room to support those person's who have medical prescriptions from consequence as long as they do not jam up with some sort of charge related to use or possession, there is still enough rope to hang both sides with until we have a clear court case.

So, a cancer patient can't take cannabis and own /buy guns.
But the same same patient can take Oxy's, Vicodin and god knows what else addictive substance and that's OK, with a prescription. Or sleeping pills to help them sleep.

That is effed up...

So, a cancer patient can't take cannabis and own /buy guns.
But the same same patient can take Oxy's, Vicodin and god knows what else addictive substance and that's OK, with a prescription. Or sleeping pills to help them sleep.

That is effed up...
The answer is it depends.

100% any use "legal" or not (and dont get me wrong, i think it's all legal), even with a MD rx, it's still "illegal" according to the gentlemen at the AFT. (for pot)

Other controlled dugs? Similar boat. Say you take one of your listed drugs wrong, well, you just broke the same law as MJ, essentially, which is illegal misuse of bad item. Aferall, not taking a controlled substance EXACTLY as prescribed is a violation.

So what does this all mean? hopefully nothing. However, it sets the feds up real nice to have dirt on probably tens of millions of people if they really go out fishing looking for people to bone.

And that's something I'm reallllllllly not ok with.

The answer is it depends.

100% any use "legal" or not (and dont get me wrong, i think it's all legal), even with a MD rx, it's still "illegal" according to the gentlemen at the AFT. (for pot)

Other controlled dugs? Similar boat. Say you take one of your listed drugs wrong, well, you just broke the same law as MJ, essentially, which is illegal misuse of bad item. Aferall, not taking a controlled substance EXACTLY as prescribed is a violation.

So what does this all mean? hopefully nothing. However, it sets the feds up real nice to have dirt on probably tens of millions of people if they really go out fishing looking for people to bone.

And that's something I'm reallllllllly not ok with.
Which means if you take the above mentioned drugs if taken exactly as prescribed,, you are OK if you take them as prescribed. (with a script)

I can't take a THC/ cannabis gummy to help me sleep. I can go to my doctor and get a script for a benzodiazepine that will make me a zombie, have suicidal thoughts etc and that's OK. No thanks

Effed up.

Which means if you take the above mentioned drugs if taken exactly as prescribed,, you are OK if you take them as prescribed. (with a script)

I can't take a THC/ cannabis gummy to help me sleep. I can go to my doctor and get a script for a benzodiazepine that will make me a zombie, have suicidal thoughts etc and that's OK. No thanks

Effed up.
My point is I suspect most people at some point one way or another "misuse" prescriptions. From taking it at the wrong time, to a different dose, etc. It's just another trap for people to fall into when the government wants to jam people up for something.

My point is I suspect most people at some point one way or another "misuse" prescriptions. From taking it at the wrong time, to a different dose, etc. It's just another trap for people to fall into when the government wants to jam people up for something.
The whole prescription thing is bullshit to begin with. I think medical marijuana points that out more than anything.

I’ve got two choices.

The first one is going to a doctor getting an outrageous Bill and then not doing shit

The second one is street drugs.

There’s always the third option. Do nothing and bitch about it….taking veterinary grade drugs and medical shit like staple, surtures and glue.

Thanks a lot Obama.

Last edited:
I understand he hates guns and drugs and loves children.
I was more hoping his handlers would take care of it.

I was just thinking the guy would sign anything…
I tried to read this article about how Biden could benefit from pardoning trump. But I’m not gonna pay to read somebody’s opinion was

I don’t think Trump would accept a pardon.
A pardon for what? What has he been convicted of?

Back
Top Bottom