No Guns For Pot Smokers

Is this decision applied to medical marijuana too? I smoke some weed and take some CBD oil from time to time to help me with my anxiety and back pains. I was prescribed to use it by a doctor, and I like this kind of treatment because it doesn’t involve any artificial chemicals. Only natural solutions.
I also buy some hash from Buy Cheap Hash Online from Online Dispensary Canada maybe once in six months because it’s stronger than regular weed and works even better for me. The Lebanese one is very nice for smoking in a pipe.
Anyways, I don’t think it’s right to prohibit guns for all pot smokers, including the ones who use medical weed.
Even holding a medical card while NOT USING is a violation of the law according to the ATF.

Just having the ability to buy it medically is a DQ according to the ATF. FL is currently suing them over it and so far it's not looking great either.

Eh just go old school
It's not my point.

The justification that the ATF used in the recent lawsuit should make everyone raise an eyebrow.

“Marijuana users with firearms pose a danger comparable to, if not greater than, other groups that have historically been disarmed. For example, ‘like the mentally ill,’ drug users ‘are more likely to have difficulty exercising self-control, making it dangerous for them to possess deadly firearms.’ In addition, the impairments caused by marijuana use are analogous to those caused by ‘intoxicat[ion]’ with alcohol, which has historically justified firearms restrictions. In fact, greater justification exists for firearms restrictions on marijuana users because, unlike alcohol, marijuana is an illegal drug. Such restrictions are therefore also analogous to firearms restrictions on those engaged in criminal activity.”

The ATF is taking the stance that people who consume MJ are so dangerous that they must be disarmed. The ATF shouldn't have that power, especially when the local jurisdiction allows it.

With all that said, last week the feds threw out the case against the ATF (of course they did).

Insanity. People should be ashamed of themselves.

...Governor Carney wrote that the bill “risks creating confusion about the rights of medical marijuana patients – under federal law – to purchase firearms here in Delaware.” As Governor Carney noted, marijuana remains illegal under federal law and federal law disqualifies unlawful drug users from possessing firearms.
So the Democrat governor of Delaware sounds just like our "conservative" Republicans who argue about federal law.

Think about that, you conservatives who agree with Carney.

So the Democrat governor of Delaware sounds just like our "conservative" Republicans who argue about federal law.

Think about that, you conservatives who agree with Carney.
Indeed - it’s when >1/2 of state laws disagree with federal law that SCOTUS starts taking cases challenging federal,law. When it’s 2/3+, odds increase markedly. Tension between state and federal law can drive change. Carney does no favor to DE citizens to spare them confusion.

Even holding a medical card while NOT USING is a violation of the law according to the ATF.

Just having the ability to buy it medically is a DQ according to the ATF. FL is currently suing them over it and so far it's not looking great either.
By that line of reasoning (sic), everyone residing in a state where mj is legally sold/possesed would be DQ'd...

Not a good thing to do. Too many horror stories of fentanyl laced pot being fold. It's not like the old school days of the 70s and 80s when buying weed off the street was relatively safe.

lol. all the street drugs are laced with fent, except for weed which is very safe. if youre really worried about it send a sample to the lab or do a home test kit. if yout best weed hookup is sketchy enough to do something like this, then your social skills are extremely lacking.

Say what?

Joking right???

There are conflicting reports on this and some question the accuracy of some reports. There is enough circumstantial evidence where I would not gamble.

A friend on my wife who has an 18 year old son. The son was a party and said all he did was smoke some weed. Ended up in the hospital with some kind of OD and serious issues. They believe it was fentanyl. The kid was a good athlete and was planning on college athletic scholarship etc. and now he is done.

lol. all the street drugs are laced with fent, except for weed which is very safe. if youre really worried about it send a sample to the lab or do a home test kit. if yout best weed hookup is sketchy enough to do something like this, then your social skills are extremely lacking.

I have no weed hookup because I have no social skills or life. The best I can say is I con others to go to the pot store for me. [rofl]

I have no weed hookup because I have no social skills or life. The best I can say is I con others to go to the pot store for me. [rofl]

you're worried about the wrong thing. mold and powdery mildew is a huge problem in many dispensaries. theres tons of pictures on reddit of various boston area shops that are disgusting.

'at least it doesnt have fent in it' *pays 4x black market prices*

By that line of reasoning (sic), everyone residing in a state where mj is legally sold/possesed would be DQ'd...
That's where it could head. The ATF had already pulled a stunt in MI regarding it. Im on my phone so I can't bring up the details well, but they are setting up one hell of a federal DQ system/drag net/trap.

It's wild.

There are conflicting reports on this and some question the accuracy of some reports. There is enough circumstantial evidence where I would not gamble.

A friend on my wife who has an 18 year old son. The son was a party and said all he did was smoke some weed. Ended up in the hospital with some kind of OD and serious issues. They believe it was fentanyl. The kid was a good athlete and was planning on college athletic scholarship etc. and now he is done.
I have never heard of fentanyl laced weed, never………..

I have heard of people spiking drinks and I am sure it is possible to spike some weed at a party, but as far as buying an bag of weed spiked with anything, just never heard of it.

It seems that legalization has brought on a lot of misconceptions.

Last edited:
you're worried about the wrong thing. mold and powdery mildew is a huge problem in many dispensaries. theres tons of pictures on reddit of various boston area shops that are disgusting.

'at least it doesnt have fent in it' *pays 4x black market prices*
PM is a problem these days but is easily solved organically……………..

1667926451685.jpeg

A facility in Simsbury CT and Westfield MA were shut down because of PM.

Just get your weed from a private grower that knows what the hell he is doing. Not that hard.

Sure it wasn't one of those weird synthetic weed analogs? Some of that shit is dangerous it only exists because people are f***ing skinflints

In Massachusetts, any 18+ adult with a driver's license or state id has the ability to legally purchase weed.

So if a medical mj card is a DQ because you CAN buy weed, then so is a driver's lic/liquor id.

I guess y'all have to move to states where it's not legal at all!

I guess y'all have to move to states where it's not legal at all!

That's the ATF's goal.

Take MI.

Tuesday’s advisory from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) rescinds a 2006 provision that allowed Michigan gun dealers to accept a state-concealed pistol license (CPL) in lieu of conducting a federal background check. ATF says that, according to information from the FBI and other officials, concealed carry permits are being issued to people “without a determination by Michigan officials as to whether the applicant is prohibited under Federal law from possessing or transporting firearms.”

“Specifically, ATF learned that CPLs were and continue to be issued to applicants who were likely prohibited due to a conviction for a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence… and to habitual marijuana users,” the advisory says. “Although possession and use of marijuana is not unlawful under Michigan law, marijuana remains a ‘controlled substance’ under Federal law, and those using marijuana are prohibited from possessing or transporting a firearm.”

I'd use non pot references but this website for whatever reason is the fastest place to find these articles as they do a great job linking to each other (the one I posted earlier from FL links directly to this one, for instance).

The ATF wants people to lie on 4473's so they can go fishing whenever they decide to. That's the entire reason they did this. The ATF is always looking for reasons to DQ people and or get them to self incriminate themselves.

The ATF shouldnt have this power, in my opinion. Seems to be a minority opinion here on NES from the looks of it sadly.

The prohibit on card holders is flawed.

Someone can be issued a MJ RX with instructions like "Have this filled if the side effects of your upcoming treatment become unbearable", but they are not a "user" until they have actually utilized their license to purchase, obtained, and used the MJ.

The prohibit on card holders is flawed.

Someone can be issued a MJ RX with instructions like "Have this filled if the side effects of your upcoming treatment become unbearable", but they are not a "user" until they have actually utilized their license to purchase, obtained, and used the MJ.
good thing the a ATF enforces punishment if you lie about a MJ card. just looks at hunter biden!

Sure it wasn't one of those weird synthetic weed analogs? Some of that shit is dangerous it only exists because people are f***ing skinflints
I think you may be on to something......

Remember when that Patriot player had a bad reaction to Synthetic Weed?

Much greater chance it was a synthetic concoction rather than somebody lacing a joint with fentanyl. That stuff can kill you just on contact with a small amount, who the hell would be messing around lacing joints with it at a party?

Too bad about that kid though. Someone probably just handed him a joint and he figured it was some good weed, not something that would F*#k him up for life.

I think you may be on to something......

Remember when that Patriot player had a bad reaction to Synthetic Weed?

Much greater chance it was a synthetic concoction rather than somebody lacing a joint with fentanyl. That stuff can kill you just on contact with a small amount, who the hell would be messing around lacing joints with it at a party?

Too bad about that kid though. Someone probably just handed him a joint and he figured it was some good weed, not something that would F*#k him up for life.

Back in the olden days, late 70s, maybe early 80s, some pot smokers received weed that was laced with PCP (I was a teen, I was told it was PCP but who the hell knows). I know one such that was screwed up pretty badly. He still ain't right, but more or less functional.

Back in the olden days, late 70s, maybe early 80s, some pot smokers received weed that was laced with PCP (I was a teen, I was told it was PCP but who the hell knows). I know one such that was screwed up pretty badly. He still ain't right, but more or less functional.
Once again..........Get your weed from somebody that knows what they are doing.

I doubt any of the dispensaries are selling laced weed, PM can be dealt with. Or find a private grower and just deal with him, it's not that hard.

There are many stories that can be told. But the fact of the matter is the chances of ending up with laced weed is about as good as getting struck by lightning.

Not a good thing to do. Too many horror stories of fentanyl laced pot being fold. It's not like the old school days of the 70s and 80s when buying weed off the street was relatively safe.
Killing your customers is bad for business. Why would anyone selling weed lace it with fentanyl?

Oh, right... I know why.

Solution: don't buy from narcs. The government is the only entity that benefits when people die from tainted recreational drugs.

Back
Top Bottom