Official 1911 Pic Thread...

Les Baer Custom

Les Baer Custom THUNDER RANCH 45 acp

Hard Chrome Slide

Match Grade Barrel and Trigger

Nite sights

Guarranteed 1 1/2' group at 50 yds!!! ([laugh])

DSC04114.jpg

DSC04115.jpg

DSC04116.jpg

DSC04117.jpg

DSC04118.jpg

Enjoy

Thanks for looking

Fred

Holy HELL that's nice. Now I definitely regret not getting in on the group buy. F me.

Melonite it if you want black.

Hard Chrome (satin w/polished flats) it if you want to keep it the way it is.

Here is an update on the new acquisition from October. I polished the feed ramp, and it glides like ice (Ended with a 900 grit Gesswein stone - next Diamond paste on a soft wheel) I polished the satin slide to look like this. I also added the Hogue grips, and bought some Kimber tac mags with bumpers. I am not a photographer, and this picture doesn't do it justice. The polished faces look amazing

100_2444.jpg

Question for you experts? I have Kimber Custom Stainless Series I( brand new) that I would like customized a bit. If it is going to be a carry / home defense gun what would you have Greg Derr do to it? I am thinking a checked front strap, maybe some barell tightening and a trigger job? Any recommendations?

Thanks very much

Question for you experts? I have Kimber Custom Stainless Series I( brand new) that I would like customized a bit. If it is going to be a carry / home defense gun what would you have Greg Derr do to it? I am thinking a checked front strap, maybe some barell tightening and a trigger job? Any recommendations?
Only do what needs to be done.

Checkering is a personal thing. Do you find the gun slipping in you grip? If not, why spend the $200?

Why have the barrel messed with? Is the gun not shooting accurately? If it is shooting accurately, leave it alone. If not, then ask Greg to find out why and fix it, rather than trying to diagnose the problem yourself.

As for the trigger job, again, why? Is there something you don't like about the trigger as is? Is it too heavy? Too light? Too much creep? While trigger jobs usually improve the trigger, my point is that you should be thinking about what the problem is that you are trying to solve before you blindly spend money.

Only do what needs to be done.

Checkering is a personal thing. Do you find the gun slipping in you grip? If not, why spend the $200?

Why have the barrel messed with? Is the gun not shooting accurately? If it is shooting accurately, leave it alone. If not, then ask Greg to find out why and fix it, rather than trying to diagnose the problem yourself.

As for the trigger job, again, why? Is there something you don't like about the trigger as is? Is it too heavy? Too light? Too much creep? While trigger jobs usually improve the trigger, my point is that you should be thinking about what the problem is that you are trying to solve before you blindly spend money.

+1

I think it's funny that you're asking us what we think you should do to your gun. You should figure out what you don't like... then go about improving it.

I'm guessing, since you're asking us for suggestions on what you should do with your gun... that you're actually quite content with it... and just have a mod bug? If you're happy with how it is currently... then you're done [smile]

But if you want to modify it just to personalize it... do whatever you want [wink]

Just shot a new S&W 1911 for the first time a few days ago. Loved it.

I did some thread searching, but couldnt come up with anything useful, so please bear with me on the questions....

First off, Im a lefty shooter. I dont have trouble shooting the regular guns, but would love to try a lefty one. So, does anyone make a lefty 1911? I looked around on the internet and couldnt get an answer. If no, can a gunsmith customize one to have a mag release on the opposite side? Im not sure if there are ambi safties for these guns either, seems all the pics Ive seen were right handed safties. Thanks for the time, and by the way NICE photos in this thread!!!

Just shot a new S&W 1911 for the first time a few days ago. Loved it.

I did some thread searching, but couldnt come up with anything useful, so please bear with me on the questions....

First off, Im a lefty shooter. I dont have trouble shooting the regular guns, but would love to try a lefty one. So, does anyone make a lefty 1911? I looked around on the internet and couldnt get an answer. If no, can a gunsmith customize one to have a mag release on the opposite side? Im not sure if there are ambi safties for these guns either, seems all the pics Ive seen were right handed safties. Thanks for the time, and by the way NICE photos in this thread!!!

I've seen a company somewhere that makes full mirror image 1911's, but a quick search couldn't dig it up. There are a lot of companies that make ambi safeties for 1911's.

edit:
Found the lefty gun, saw a picture before but can't find it this time:
http://www.milehigharmory.com/index.php
3 grand! Ouch!

Last edited:
Yeah, we're not gonna do that...thanks for the link though. What sucks is that I was more interested in the mag release on the right side of the gun moreso than the ambi safty...

The mag release falls nicely under your strong hand fingers when you shoot lefty, it involves shifting your grip a bit, but it works well.

Back
Top Bottom