Official 1911 Pic Thread...

i drop the mag, pull the slide to the rear, eject the round, ensure it is clear, ride the slide to the forward then ride the hammer forward. I have a clearing barrel outside my front door.
That is condition 3, not condition 2.

Condition 1: chamber loaded, hammer cocked, safety on.
Condition 2: chamber loaded, hammer down, safety off.
Condition 3: chamber empty, hammer down, safety off.

I would recommend that you choose one way to carry your 1911 and always carry it the same way. Sometimes carrying one way and sometimes carrying another invites confusion if the worst thing happens -- if you really need your gun, you'll have a lot of very important things to think about in a very short amount of time, so don't add "is my chamber loaded or not" to the list of things to think about.

PC300315.jpg

PC300314.jpg

My Kimber and it's new unfinished brother.

Thanks to John at Rem Sport, awesome doing business with him.

Yes 15lpi, its a stainless frame, just raw unpolished. It is tight, Rem Sport was a cool place, just a hike for me from Wareham.

Just Picked up some new grips, thought they were neat. Excuse the electrical tape on my serials.

Last edited:
That looks sweet. The silver grips go great with the black finish. That being said, I'm going to use a snippet from one of your pics to launch a small rant.

danger.jpg

Every time I see one of these it makes my head hurt. What's next? A warning that says "CAUTION: DON'T LOOK DOWN THE BARREL WHEN PULLING THE TRIGGER"? At the very least, couldn't you black out that lettering instead if highlighting it with that nuclear day-glo white paint? Sheesh.

That looks sweet. The silver grips go great with the black finish. That being said, I'm going to use a snippet from one of your pics to launch a small rant.

danger.jpg

Every time I see one of these it makes my head hurt. What's next? A warning that says "CAUTION: DON'T LOOK DOWN THE BARREL WHEN PULLING THE TRIGGER"? At the very least, couldn't you black out that lettering instead if highlighting it with that nuclear day-glo white paint? Sheesh.

It makes me mad too. I am thinking about having this gun refinished. Maybe a nickel finish. Im trying to find somewhere local tho, any suggestions anyone?!?

Are those the pewter grips available through Brownell's? They look great!

Have you seen this design? "American Eagle, gray, Checkered and Florentine scroll with our National symbol on each grip."

How heavy are they? Too heavy for a carry gun?

Hey Thanks! Actually I purchased them off of Ebay. The seller has a company called cypress collectibles. He has a lot of different ones, I think I may have seen the ones you mentioned. I didnt even think to look for them at brownells, i'll die if I go there and find them for less. These were steep. They are Pewter and I dont find them to be that heavy. This is my carry Piece and I use a Crossbreed IWB holster. Its def a little more heavy with these vs the original wood, but not so much to make it uncomfortable for ME. Everyone is different. Im a big guy so I could probably holster a small cannon and not notice [laugh] The S&W PD is an alloy gun so its not too heavy to begin with, might be more noticeable in the standard 1911.

Last edited:
Here's my new one.Did a few mods. Bobtail,new beavertail,trigger,trigger job,serrate rear of the slide, Waiting for new sights.
Before:
DSC01193.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

After: Cell phone pics
SABobtail1.jpg

SABobtail2.jpg

SABobtail3.jpg

SABobtail.jpg

My first 1911 build. I purchased this frame/slide from Remsport. It was to good of a deal to pass up for my first experience. I definetly gained a lot of does and dont's for my next build. All and all I am very happy with the way it came out, and look forward to doing it again.
view2.jpg

view1.jpg

Last edited:
My first 1911 build. I purchased this frame/slide from Remsport. It was to good of a deal to pass up for my first experience. I definetly gained a lot of does and dont's for my next build. All and all I am very happy with the way it came out, and look forward to doing it again.
Very sharp! Is that the tactical frame that Remsport is currently selling off in another thread? Care to share the do's and dont's you experienced?

Thank you. Between buying parts here and there, the frame/slide/barrel fit from Remsport, duracoat paint, and I had a gunsmith install the sights and give a once over, I would have to guess it ran me around $1400, not including some specialty tools I had to pick up. Most of the tools I used were just run of the mill tools I already had.

Yes, this is the tactical frame that he is offering in another thread. He was great to deal with and had a lot of information to offer when I was there. The do's and dont's are take your time to know exactly what you want for parts and there finish when you buy them; take your time when you are fitting a part, very easy to take to much off, then you are back to buying a new part. And it is amazing how much of a size differance a part is after you paint it !!

Back
Top Bottom