If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership The benefits pay for the membership many times over.
Be sure to enter the NES/MFS December Giveaway ***Mossberg 702 Plinkster .22lr***
I already picked on you for being in the Navy in the 'Welcome' thread...but now I see you out rank me so I'll stop running my suckHi, I was in the Navy for 12 years. I was a Firecontrol Technician (E-6) and I primarily worked on the NATO Sea Sparrow Missile System. I was on the USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74), Navy Recruiting District New England, and the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3).
That's ok. On my previous shift (night shift) we were all ex-military except for one guy. We spent 90% of the night making fun of each other and the other 10% working. Even the non-military guy got made fun of for not being in the military. We had one Marine and a few Navy guys, an army guy, and even a Coast Guardsman.I already picked on you for being in the Navy in the 'Welcome' thread...but now I see you out rank me so I'll stop running my suck
That sounds like a pretty cool MOS...tell us more about this missile system and its capabilities and what ships they're on and where they're docked...i cross my heart i am not a russian spy, da?
Sparrow was originally an air-to-air missile that has since been adapted to fit sea-to-air and ground-to-air roles over the years. (There were adapted HAWK launchers that fired Sparrows but they didn't make it beyond initial field trials.) All in all Sparrow is a decent, relatively cheap, somewhat out-dated, boring old traditional missile. Nothing super secret, the bad guys have had examples to study for decades, and some have even copied it. Very similar to HAWK in that regard.tell us more about this missile system and its capabilities and what ships they're on and where they're docked...i cross my heart i am not a russian spy, da?
I apologize for not posting yet but i can't see 2019 go by without representation.Have a Reflective Veterans’ Day tomorrow boys and girls.
Strange that no one added to this in a year.
My time at A Co/101st was some of the best.Every time i go by there i want to go in and join, but then i remember my age.......
Your picture dates from the late 70's or early 80's?Five years total. One in the Air Force, and four in the Marines. AF said I couldn`t have my guaranteed job, and it took quite a while to get my honorable discharge. Turned around a few months later and joined the toughest branch. Went through boot camp twice, Lackland AFB and Parris Island.