• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tax Free Weekend

Speaking of sales taxes - Every NH Primary season I meet reporters and crew from around the U.S. and the World. You should see their eyes light up when I tell them that there is no sales tax in NH and that Best Buy and the Apple stores are close by!

Last edited:
So, I show up to Verizon, all I want is to spend money and bail out. I dont even need them to set the phone up at the store. In and out, 5 minutes, I already know what I want, no trade in.

Guy tells me they work by appointment only. I look around, there is no one.

Guy tells me to use the app and pick it up later.
Verizon app is sh*t, I tried to buy 4 times, won't add to cart. The guy looks at it and says "go to Best Buy" ... [rofl] ... which is right next to the Dedham Verizon.

I look at the guy, I say the store has bee empty for 15 minutes just ring me and take my money. "Can't do it, go to Best Buy or make an appointment."

So, since they only work by appointment, I booked 7 appointments, one for each device we have on the plan tomorrow. I will not go to any.

Maybe I will schedule 7 more for next Saturday as well, since it only takes a minute - seems to be the only thing at Verizon that works.

Go buy an unlocked or VZ phone at BestBuy, activate online. They will give you a VZ or whatever sim card for free.

That's what I did anyway.

I thought this was a gun forum ?
Picked up a couple oldies and brought them out.
It was a good day.
View attachment 649973
Someone even had the Favorite dialed in
View attachment 649974

It's an everything forum, which is a good thing.. After a certain amount of time, talking about guns, lusting over guns, looking at guns gets really old.

Nice looking stock on that lever gun though :)

I saved myself the sales tax AND the drive to NH on a ham radio purchase at a dealer who honored the tax holiday yesterday. I'm happy.

I assume that they are not big enough to be able to monitor all of the tax free days. They are stuck in the middle of being big enough to have to collect sales tax but not big enough to monitor everything
The businesses have "paperwork" to manage for MA to honor the tax-free weekend. Keeping track of sales during vs. the rest of the year for DOR is a PITA that some merchants (non-MA) likely don't want to deal with. Having dealt with DOR, I can understand their position.

The businesses have "paperwork" to manage for MA to honor the tax-free weekend. Keeping track of sales during vs. the rest of the year for DOR is a PITA that some merchants (non-MA) likely don't want to deal with. Having dealt with DOR, I can understand their position.
MA DOR are f*cking c*nts. I made a mistake and claimed that I paid less State income tax than what I actually paid, they called and said if I didn't pay in 3 days all my accounts would be frozen.

The f*cking idiots have the records, so I sent a letter with my fixed returns. That solved it after faxing it 3 times because the first two couldn't be found anywhere (f*cking idiots).

They are basically retarded bullies. Like RMV^2.

Instead of wasting their time and my time, which is more valuable, they could have very easily looked it up and seen that I paid.

Last edited:
MA DOR are f*cking c*nts. I amde a mistake and claimed that I paid less State income tax than what I actually paid, they called and said if I didn't pay in 3 days all my accounts would be frozen.

The f*cking idiots have the records, so I sent a letter with my fixed returns. That solved it after faxing it 3 times because the first two couldn't be found anywhere (f*cking idiots).

They are basically retarded bullies. Like RMV^2.

Instead of wasting their time, and my time which is more valuable, they could have very easily looked it up and seen that I paid.
Most 'progressive' state governments hire the handicapped (mentally and otherwise) so none of this surprises me

Most 'progressive' state governments hire the handicapped (mentally and otherwise) so none of this surprises me
Or Hacks

I worked for the state for a few years. I worked mostly with engineers. After being there for a bit one of them related a story to me about how they "checked" me out to see who I was connected to, but could not find anything. That's because I answered an ad in the Globe😂

I think the MA DOR are mostly graduates from the RMV.

"Congrats, you are a f*cking useless idiot and hate people, you get a promotion to MA DOR".

Or Hacks

I worked for the state for a few years. I worked mostly with engineers. After being there for a bit one of them related a story to me about how they "checked" me out to see who I was connected to, but could not find anything. That's because I answered an ad in the Globe😂

Pretty much. Believe me, I don't miss any of it. It's always been that way there. Moving to NH was the best decision I ever made!

This. The Apple is probably too expensive to qualify and there is no need to rush such a big purchase.

Do your research and go to NH.
Ordered a new iMac on line from Apple. Used the education claim and qualified for $100 off and will receive a $150 gift card also. $1,299.00. No Tax and delivery next week.

Been needing to update my phone. Holds a charge for about 5 hours before crapping out. Been limping by the past month and a half waiting on this tax break, but now that I've sat down and done the math, I'm expecting a whole $37.50 in savings. WHOOPIE!!! Not sure why I've been torturing myself the past 1.5 months just to save less than $40.

Yea, but the point isn't you save the money. The important part is the state doesn't get the money.

The last four or five years I've made it a point to buy a gun on TFW. Not because I needed one, but to do a double stick-it to the state. One, no tax for u. Two, one more gun in private hands.

HA HA, MA.

As I live on the NH border, MA sales and gas tax don't concern me on most products.

No purchase this year as I'm hunting down a second car. Next year, I'll be at The Mill.

Yea, but the point isn't you save the money. The important part is the state doesn't get the money.

The last four or five years I've made it a point to buy a gun on TFW. Not because I needed one, but to do a double stick-it to the state. One, no tax for u. Two, one more gun in private hands.

HA HA, MA.

As I live on the NH border, MA sales and gas tax don't concern me on most products.

No purchase this year as I'm hunting down a second car. Next year, I'll be at The Mill.
The mill was as busy as I’ve ever seen it yesterday. Ran out of parking.

A few years ago I was sitting at a local tire place waiting for my new tires to be installed. It was the Monday after tax free weekend.....I had totally forgotten about tax free weekend and never pay attention to it myself. Only reason I knew it was Monday after the tax holiday was a "karen" walked in.......went to the desk and told the owner "I had an apt for Saturday but a family emergency came up and I couldn't make it......can you do my tires today". He said "I can squeeze you in I'm not too busy". She said "being as I had an apt for Saturday I'll expect the tires to be tax free". He said "mam if you had paid for the tires over the weekend over the phone you'd have been tax free but asnim going to be charging your card today you'll have to pay the sales tax". A pretty heated back and forth ensued and she stormed out.

f***ing Karen's. When she walked out he looked at me and said "what a bitch.....no way I'm eating 6.5 percent of her bill".

Guns and ammo are already taxed before you even pay sales tax, double taxed!!!!
This is true.

Supposedly that tax gets used for some good....... at least in some states it does. Not sure about MA.

Besides, everything we spend is double taxed if you pay income tax, then pay sales tax. Its disgusting.

I spent well over a grand this weekend.....car parts for the future, a treestand, ammo, some other small items.

Mostly stuff online I can't get tax free anymore. UPS man be busy this week.

HA HA, MA.

I get it, but if it affected MA's bottom line in the slightest, they wouldn't offer it. As it stands, MA's budget has a $5B surplus. How about a tax free month?

I get it, but if it affected MA's bottom line in the slightest, they wouldn't offer it. As it stands, MA's budget has a $5B surplus. How about a tax free month?
When the surplus hits 3B$ it triggers a refund of some of it.

Well, since that happened they immediately shitcanned the gas refund idea of $250........and now they are trying to squirrel their way out of returning what they are supposed to.

Motherf***ers! Im sure all the people buying cars, trucks and RV's has them flush with cash.

I wanted to wait til i got outta here to buy a new truck, but had to pay them a**h***s $1800 myself because I needed a new vehicle and used ones are retarded.

Fing stupid........

Back
Top Bottom