Think before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of unfortunate events surrounding one of the most helpful and nicest members on here, I just want to remind every one to think about what you are saying or posting before you hit that submit or reply button.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WATCHING THIS FORUM THAT ARE NOT PART OF OUR COMMUNITY.

Be smart and have a good day.

Last edited:
Here's the link to Derek's post: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/general-discussion/211422-neser-needs-your-help.html

There's not much info there. Does anyone know what the specific group buy item was?

If its run through a dealer, I don't see the problem. Unlike MA law, Federal law is pretty straightforward. If the gun is moved interstate, a licensee must handle the transfer.

Don

p.s. Lets all give a shout out to our BATFE friends reading these posts. Say hi to Director Jones for all of us!!

Last edited:
this needs to be publicly inaccessible, user/member only forum with strict referral membership.

Sorry, even if NES would consider that approach, it simply does not work.

First, the referral suggestion can and has been broken in many ways (member compromised after joining, their account can be broken into and used without their permission or consent, etc.).

Second, this is an internet forum. Using a PM instead of a public posting only gives you a moderate level of security as the PM's are stored on the server and that data could be sub-poenaed (with the proper warrants or with ones based on "national security needs").

Third, your connection to this forum goes over the public internet. Even what you consider a secure connection can be intercepted if somebody decides it's worth breaking into.

Fourth, our government has already shown the capability and willingness to hack into personal systems just because...

And lastly... there in nothing that I've posted on this forum that I would not say directly to any of the people I talked about. Assuming privacy from the government on NES exists is lazy and can only hurt you.

Also, don't assume that our NES fellow got in trouble through this forum (even though it's possible). He could have been flagged in many other ways that have nothing to do with this board (large number of items purchased from multiple dealers reported to gov't, etc.).

Based on the few known facts, this looks like a witch hunt / fishing expedition from the ATF designed to intimidate our entire community, and it should be handled accordingly. I have never been in any of his group buys, but I am sending my contribution to the defense fund today, because he did nothing wrong and deserves our support. You should too...

And I will continue participating in (and even figuring out how to run my own) group buys - we are doing nothing wrong there.

Why is it the ones that don't deserve the hassle are the ones that get it and the ones you wouldn't mind seeing get it never do.

Jack-booted thugs would rather go after "easy pickings" (read: law abiding citizens) rather than actually have to work for a living.

I believe it's that unfair thing we call life.

I think TBTB seek low-lying fruit, as there's little risk involved (e.g. Why risk a firefight with a drug cartel, when you can just-as-easily grab someone who follows the rules) ?

low hanging fruit,collateral damage - the bomb tossers go back and hide in mom's basement.

Exactly.

Last edited:
I'll send him some cash. I don't like to send checks because they contain my personal info and bank account info on the checks. So a money order will have to do. I can probably spare 20 or 30 bucks for the cause. I wish I could give him more - but I'm not rich. Every little bit helps though...

Anyone who knows the details about this - can you send them to me in a PM. I would be very curious - for my own info more than anything.

Why is it the ones that don't deserve the hassle are the ones that get it and the ones you wouldn't mind seeing get it never do.

I'd bet dollars to dognuts people like Ted the rat (and others) are card carryin' Dem-0-Rats.

It's all about party connections, this is old school Soviet style politics.

Because that's all that they can do, remember the Nazi's loved to mess with people who couldn't defend themselves!!

Charles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom