Think before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than speculate...act...contemplation about pending legal action on an internet forum isn't going to do anybody any good and may only widen the net. I suppose it was only a matter of when and not if. I know the people that I work for have absolutely no interest in this forum, but there are a lot of agencies out there.

Rather than speculate...act...contemplation about pending legal action on an internet forum isn't going to do anybody any good and may only widen the net. I suppose it was only a matter of when and not if. I know the people that I work for have absolutely no interest in this forum, but there are a lot of agencies out there.

Sage advice. Just donate to the cause and let him and his counsel defend it.

this needs to be publicly inaccessible, user/member only forum with strict referral membership.

Agreed, I was just thinking this. It would take some time to re-populate the forum, but I think it might be worth it. A lot of people here know each other and can refer each other fairly easily.

In light of unfortunate events surrounding one of the most helpful and nicest members on here, I just want to remind every one to think about what you are saying or posting before you hit that submit or reply button.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WATCHING THIS FORUM THAT ARE NOT PART OF OUR COMMUNITY.

Be smart and have a good day.

+1

It is a public forum.

It's unwise to jump on the proverbial soap box, speak loudly, and expect it not to be repeated at the least opportune time.

Of course, I've said it before and I'll say it again....
There are two kinds of morons out there: Those that lack the capacity to think, and those that just plain choose not to.

Agreed, I was just thinking this. It would take some time to re-populate the forum, but I think it might be worth it. A lot of people here know each other and can refer each other fairly easily.

it's just the kind of thing that can happen. closing membership or restricting it would be a bad idea IMO.

example: i don't know you. i have enough friends. why should i trust you? and why should you trust me?

see what i mean? could get ugly in a hurry.

Not to mention the three letter agencies are pretty efficient at getting informants into closed groups like that. They would have someone "inside" almost instantly....if they really gave a crap that is.

it's just the kind of thing that can happen. closing membership or restricting it would be a bad idea IMO.

example: i don't know you. i have enough friends. why should i trust you? and why should you trust me?

Not to mention the three letter agencies are pretty efficient at getting informants into closed groups like that. They would have someone "inside" almost instantly....if they really gave a crap that is.

not my buddies, but yes, it's incredibly easy to weasel your way into something as huge as NES in general.

Steven Kovacs: Look, I appreciate you helping me out with Robin. But you have to understand. I'm going to have to work *extra* hard to not screw this relationship up again. You're a very nice guy, but I just don't have any room in my life for a new friend. Okay?

The Cable Guy: So, what are you trying to say?

Steven Kovacs: I don't want to be your friend.

"Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law" <-- Unfortunately we have to keep this in mind with everything we do these days.

This. The illusion of security leads to people letting their guard down, resulting in less security. (Think "gun free" zone)

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it the ones that don't deserve the hassle are the ones that get it and the ones you wouldn't mind seeing get it never do.

Because the people that "you wuldn't mind seeing get it" are already perceived as *******s. This is just another way to discredit and hurt the good people. Consider the amount of money that is being spent on his defense, despite the fact that no one has demonstrated that he's even done something wrong to begin with.

Last edited:
this needs to be publicly inaccessible, user/member only forum with strict referral membership.

You're a Registered User not a Member. Anyone can browse here. There is nothing to stop a person from any walk of life, from setting up an account with the intention of looking for trouble or to make trouble. Trolls. We have seen them time and again. Most people understand that one should not post anything in here or anywhere that they'd be embarrassed to proclaim for example, with a bull horn from Church steps.
The ATF has reached out and touched the NES community. They couldn't make their intentions any clearer if they went door to door.
I'm sorry to read that a member has been singled out and now has to shell out money to defend his lawful actions.
Best regards.

Also, let's all just be careful what we post here, in a thread talking about being careful what we post.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Great idea in concept, but in reality, the butthurt level from a bunch of people would be so bad that all the Preparation-H and tucks pads in the world wouldn't be able to stop it.

-Mike

Great idea in concept, but in reality, the butthurt level from a bunch of people would be so bad that all the Preparation-H and tucks pads in the world wouldn't be able to stop it.

-Mike

Yup, and you won't be able to stop the eavesdropping, no matter how exclusive the "club" is.

but don't forget the fourth letter, ATFE

that E is even more slippery than the other three letters combined.

Anyone who knows the details about this - can you send them to me in a PM. I would be very curious - for my own info more than anything.

Very unwise to ask for, and just a plain stupid thing for someone to offer up that info. You have a person who is in legal trouble with the ATF, yours or anyone else's curiosity should be kept to themselves . By offering up info here or anywhere else ( even pm ) you risk making things much more difficult for this person.

I don't know any of the details, nor do I care. Derek stated in the stickie that there was nothing criminal happening so that's good enough for me.

Keep that in mind while posting.... no good will come of public speculation

Very unwise to ask for, and just a plain stupid thing for someone to offer up that info. You have a person who is in legal trouble with the ATF, yours or anyone else's curiosity should be kept to themselves . By offering up info here or anywhere else ( even pm ) you risk making things much more difficult for this person.

I don't know any of the details, nor do I care. Derek stated in the stickie that there was nothing criminal happening so that's good enough for me.

Keep that in mind while posting.... no good will come of public speculation

Well before I send my hard earned money off to help someone I would like to know the cause I am supporting. If you prefer to send your hard earned money off without knowing any facts - I've got a paypal account you can wire some to. I could use some extra cash too. I promise it will support the cause.

......otherwise please keep your insults to yourself.

Well before I send my hard earned money off to help someone I would like to know the cause I am supporting. If you prefer to send your hard earned money off without knowing any facts - I've got a paypal account you can wire some to. I could use some extra cash too. I promise it will support the cause.

My business is my business.

The people on this site who need to know, know. Otherwise, I am not broadcasting my story to the entire nation.

If derek thought I was an outright criminal, he never would have started that thread. Just like DRB said, that's all anyone needs to know.

If you don't want to donate, then don't.

Again: NES is a PUBLIC forum with certain areas behind a paywall which can be bypassed for ~20 USD/year. Might keep a cheap troll away and that's about it.

Even what you'd consider private information (PM's, etc.) can either be legally retrieved by government (get a warrant, etc.) or just retrieved by the government.

There is no practical way to create an area that's secure enough to be safe from the prying eyes, nor is there a need to as far as I know - we are not doing anything wrong.

And as DRB points above... if Derek says nothing criminal was going on, I'm taking his word for it and making a charitable donation to ntwomsw's defense fund (non-tax deductible since the IRS says that to be deductible, "contributions must be made to a qualified organization and not set aside for use by a specific person.").

And your curiosity will have to lose to the stark reality that disclosure of the specifics of a government investigation by the person or entity investigated only helps the government.

***DRB*** is absolutely right. The contribution they are asking for is $20. That's roughly equivalent to one box of ammo. If it helps him out of this jam, I can spare it without knowing all the details. He had to hire a lawyer to fight a second amendment infringement, that's good enough for my $20 of hard earned money...

You're a Registered User not a Member.

point being? calling out mike because he black? damn son, ice cold.

you guys can threadshit elsewhere.

i know not tom and dnepro personally. god damn you people sometimes. i won't say any more as i may tread into "ban atilla" territory with bad words.

I'd like to know what I am contributing my money to as well but here is how I look at it; I've benefited from his group buys as well as others here and I would like for that to continue. I have never met him as is the case with most of the people on this board, but I'm a pretty good judge of character usually and I'd like to believe their actions here speak for themselves. That's good enough for me.

My business is my business.

The people on this site who need to know, know. Otherwise, I am not broadcasting my story to the entire nation.

If derek thought I was an outright criminal, he never would have started that thread. Just like DRB said, that's all anyone needs to know.

If you don't want to donate, then don't.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ntomsw again."

Last edited:
Again: NES is a PUBLIC forum with certain areas behind a paywall which can be bypassed for ~20 USD/year. Might keep a cheap troll away and that's about it.

It's worth noting that even the members area really isn't THAT private. For example one of the GB threads had 1200+ visitors to that thread... and there certainly were not 1200 people in the group buy!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom