• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What gun have you wanted for a long time but just won't spend the money on?

A Lahti.

Lahti_L-35-1.jpg

I'll raise you, Lahti L-39 (AKA Redneck Shotgun) ;)

Not me in the pic [laugh]

finnish_boombeast_caught_in_the_woods-cover.jpg

Going to add the HK P7 variants to the list. I have a PSP. But I want all flavors esp the M8. The prices went parabolic

They’re separated by a bit of time

Could afford if I really wanted to:
Original Springfield 1795
059B2E42-E13E-4E22-ABB2-0EF91E99FFF3.jpeg

Couldn’t even afford anyway: Transferable M240B
D931804B-845E-40DF-B43B-3972CDA6744B.jpeg

I may end up getting a good 1795 replica for black powder fun.

• Wanted Barret 82A1 - Have LAR Grizzly Single Shot
  • Wanted Ma Deuce - Have M1919A
  • Wanted Dragunov - Have Romanian PSL
  • Wanted McMillan TAC 338 - Have Steyr SSG 69
  • Wanted SIG Spartan II - Have Kimber Classic Gold Match (was my cousins)
  • Wanted Lahti L-39 just because my Grandmother's from the little town of Isokyrö. It's half way between Vaasa and Lapua.

My grail is a DW 414 supermag and would complete my supermag collection. Rare as hens teeth and in the 15 years or so I’ve considered it, GB has only had 3-4 come up they sold around $4-$6k.

Attachments

• 3E624E3E-6FDF-4A43-9A65-BF17802E3BCA.jpeg
    3E624E3E-6FDF-4A43-9A65-BF17802E3BCA.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 18
Ranted to my friend last night for at least 15mins abt how I've always wanted a nice Garand but they are stupid money. Given what it is, I'd only want to buy 1, and that 1 should be of good quality. Well... service and special grade ones are stupid money and I can't justify it to just throw it in the safe and never use it. I actually enjoyed shooting my buddy's Garand (the guy I was bitching to), and he sold his for 1200 a couple years ago. Anyway... no Garand for me.
Rack grades are fully functional, might not look as nice as one of the expert grades from CMP, but still worth it.
Ordered 2 rack grades in December and it took 8 days from application in the mail to my house.
A little grease and TLC maybe a few new parts for cheap money and you will have what you want.
Don't wait until they are all gone.

From a H&R at 100 yards, 3 rounds and a full clip on a bench rest with Greek surplus. Not bad for a 70 year old rifle. Changed a windage knob that was rusty and a new oprod spring.

My firearm I really want, but won't spring for is a Benelli M4. All fuddy shotguns aside (sky is the limit on price there) a lot for a break glass in case of emergency item.

garand bench - Copy.jpg

i have all i wanted that is functional.
but it would be nice to buy some historical artifacts that may not necessarily be functional.

outside of that scope, it is difficult to narrow it down. as of 'upgrades' - like to swap a cz for a staccato? it will not make me a better shooter.
to get an ffl and be able to get full auto models would be nice, just for collection. but, it is an effort that is difficult to justify.

Back
Top Bottom