What gun have you wanted for a long time but just won't spend the money on?

People like P210s because they're old-skool and very well-made. The P49 is the Swiss military-issued version. VERY few P49s ever got out of Switzerland.

So. Rarity.
Also, they’re touted as the finest service pistol ever issued for military service. I believe they even got too expensive for the Swiss to continue to issue, so Sig developed the P220 as an updated and less expensive option.

Dakota Arms rifles:

DAKOTA-76-30-06_102098036_54_7F9D542D4661800A.JPG

Also, they’re touted as the finest service pistol ever issued for military service. I believe they even got too expensive for the Swiss to continue to issue, so Sig developed the P220 as an updated and less expensive option.

That new 210 is looking sexy. I made the mistake of fingerf***ing one at buds.

I have two. Sig P210 and Colt Python. Both companies rereleased them in recent years, but even though they were less than what used ones were going for before, I just couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger, so to speak.
Sold my Python... (Actually traded it for a Vepr AK). Beautiful gun. Unfortunately the "rereleased" model is not the same royal blue walrus hide polished (yes walrus hide!!!) beauty of the old ones. Even Colt admitted when they released the new model that both the equipment and the training to duplicate that finish no longer existed.

My want is a Russian made Izhmash Saiga 5.45x39 Russian AK-74 with Tula Plum furniture.

Sold my Python... (Actually traded it for a Vepr AK). Beautiful gun. Unfortunately the "rereleased" model is not the same royal blue walrus hide polished (yes walrus hide!!!) beauty of the old ones. Even Colt admitted when they released the new model that both the equipment and the training to duplicate that finish no longer existed.

My want is a Russian made Izhmash Saiga 5.45x39 Russian AK-74 with Tula Plum furniture.
Had an Arsenal Izhmash Saiga in 5.45. Loved it, but sold it after the Russia import ban. Was worried about ammo availability and price had almost doubled. I sort of regret it now though…

The pig is chambered in .308, and was a bitch to hump around. But I agree that it would be awesome to own one! Feeding it would be expensive.
I was in the Navy 1968 to 1972, 52 years ago and I know it was a 30.06 belt-feed with a tripod , what was it called M-???.

I guess I can add Automag II to the list as I had means and opportunity but passed on one yesterday.

View attachment 741516

Probably will grab one at some point as they are somewhat affordable and obtainable.
I have had a couple of 2's and 3's over the years, wish I still had them. The Automag 3 is a trip to shoot especially indoors, that fireball!

I was in the Navy 1968 to 1972, 52 years ago and I know it was a 30.06 belt-feed with a tripod , what was it called M-???.

I'm pretty sure the pig was never chambered in anything but 7.62 NATO.

But I'm no expert on Navy arms. We had several WWI/WWII MGs that fired .30-06, I think, but they didn't function anything like the M60.

Lol…a 10 mm (Glock 20 as I cannot see spending over $500 for it or the EAWitness2023 if available would do it) and a lever gun….though tempted on the lever gun

The only one I can think of is the M1919 Browning. I was in the Marines in the late 80's early 90's and they had been fazed out.
Did it look like this?

Browning_M1919a.png

I have always wanted a Desert Eagle, that .429 DE looks like a kickass round.

Beretta 93R.

I have a thing for long-slide pistols. G17L, Springfield's 1911 TRP Operator Longslide in 10mm. Any long slide 2011. Dan Wesson Bruin I'd probably buy. S&W 5906 PPC.

at some point I plan on getting a Heritage Rough Ryder with a 16" barrel and putting a stock on it. That's not a matter of money, just me dealing with the headache from the wife.

Back
Top Bottom