Why GOAL supports H.4376? Have they lost it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many of you remind me of my toddler when she throws temper tantrum, screaming "Shall not be infringed!!!" at the top of your lungs while doing nothing constructive for yourself or Massachusetts gun owners. She's two. What's your excuse? Maybe it's time to grow up.
Maybe it's time to stop compromising and not accept "It wasn't that bad..."

Those who shot the Brits, screamed "Shall not be infringed..." But yeah I forget you dont like self help.

Maybe it's time to stop compromising and not accept "It wasn't that bad..."

Those who shot the Brits, screamed "Shall not be infringed..." But yeah I forget you dont like self help.

They also didn't run blindly into a line of Redcoats and then complain when they were slaughtered. They fought strategically, advancing when they had the advantage and retreating when they didn't. Right now gun owners do not have the advantage in Massachusetts, and when you don't have an advantage, it's not the time to stop compromising. That's how you lose your place at the table entirely.

If you have a way to gain back our rights without compromise, I'd happily follow you. But until then, I'll support those who are making gains, compromise or no.

They also didn't run blindly into a line of Redcoats and then complain when they were slaughtered. They fought strategically, advancing when they had the advantage and retreating when they didn't. Right now gun owners do not have the advantage in Massachusetts, and when you don't have an advantage, it's not the time to stop compromising. That's how you lose your place at the table entirely.

If you have a way to gain back our rights without compromise, I'd happily follow you. But until then, I'll support those who are making gains, compromise or no.

Oh gun owners do, in MA they don't. They just complain and then are happy when it's not that bad. If gun owners in MA really cared these "rallies" would have tens of thousands. The illegal immigrants rally thrown together last minute dwarfed the last 10 gun rallies.

As a private citizen, I have the luxury to oppose this bill without ramification. But I also accept that I live in a state where my beliefs with regard to the 2nd Amendment are in the minority, and that those lobbying on behalf of my beliefs (i.e. GOAL) are fighting an uphill battle. And I accept that they must make some concessions I may not agree with in order to be able to function as the lobbyist of a minority. And I accept that they're inherently going to lose more than they win.

So when they go up against a potentially disastrous bill, successfully lobby to get the majority of the most damaging items removed and even walk away with a few victories, I'm not going to be so ignorant and shortsighted as to slap them in the face for their efforts.

I agree with all of this. I am still sitting here not supporting the bill, I wont vote for anyone that would support it, I will never support further gun control or any right infringement.
But I won't sit here and blame GOAL and shit on them for doing the best they can do with what they have and doing exactly what lobbyists do...

also, if FID suitability is such a sticking point with people, what will your reaction be? whats the course of action? considering we have lived with and begrudgingly accepted LTC suitability for decades I am pretty sure the entire legislature knows we will roll over and take it with no ramifications to those who vote for it

In summary, some people think any concession for may-issue FIDs is a non-starter. Others think it's fine if MA gun owners get something back, e.g. no-FID pepper spray, no 90-day grace period expiration for renewals, etc.

It would be nice if some other 'pro' came out of this, like ending ban on post-ban standard-cap mags or something.

The big problem is that no matter what the state says, it will do whatever it wants and will interpret these laws any way that they want and apply them selectively and they won't be held accountable.

In summary, some people think any concession for may-issue FIDs is a non-starter.

It may be a non-started, but the case law is as well established as it gets. When legislators are arrogant enough to go against such established case law and the cheifs are arrogant enough to push them to do it, and most gun owners and their sponsored representative organizations are complacent enough to say "it's ok, we're only getting F'd a little" then it's probably a good guess that we aren't winning LOL.

"Winners And Losers"

Winners and losers, turn the pages of my life
We're beggers and choosers, with all the struggles and the strife
I got no reason to turn my head and look the other way
we're good and we're evil, which one will I be today?

There's saints and sinners
Life's a gamble and you might lose
There's cowards and heroes
Both have been known how to break the rules
there's lovers and haters
The strong and the weak will all have their day
We're devils and angels
Which one will I be today?

[Chorus:]
Are you happy now with all the choices you've made?
Are there times in life when you know you should've stayed?
Will you compromise and then realize the price is too much to pay?
Winners and losers, which one will you be today?

There's a a light and a dark side
standing at the crossroads, there we'll meet
there's prophets and fools there
the lies and the truths, will be at our feet
I got a reason to turn my head and look the other way
it's heaven and hell here, which one will I live today?

[Chorus]

Which one will I be today?

View attachment 110397

Anyone have any idea what happens to class b carry?

SECTION 109. Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary, neither a licensing authority as defined in section 121 of chapter 140 of the General Laws nor the colonel of state police shall issue, renew or accept application for a Class B license to carry pursuant to sections 131 or 131F of said chapter 140 as of the effective date of this section; provided, however, that any Class B license issued pursuant to said sections 131 or 131F of said chapter 140 prior to the effective date of this section shall remain in effect, subject to any restrictions or conditions set forth in any general or special law until the date on which the Class B license is set to expire or July 31, 2020, whichever occurs first; and provided further, that any application for renewal of a Class B license filed after the effective date of this section shall not extend the license beyond the stated expiration date pursuant to said section 131 of said chapter 140 and the Class B license shall expire on the anniversary of the licensee's date of birth occurring not less than 5 years but not more than 6 years from the date of issue or January 1, 2021, whichever occurs first.

It only hurts alittle. Really it's not that bad... It's a compromise. Gun owners made out in the deal...

Victory.

Quick donate more money to GOAL.

I dont get why everyone cares about FID suitability. It is just a distraction from how the state isnt 2A compliant. People have a right to own and carry a handgun, ARs, etc. All legislation and litigation should have this end state in mind.

FID suitability means nothing. It was a distraction (if anything one that slowed our true hope, litigation) from tge fact that we are denied a "shall issue" ability to own and carry handguns, ARs, etc. We turned a huge lose into an interim win as we wait for true progress to be made with litigation.

Others may not see it... but we turned a ****ing freight train around.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I care because it was the last part of the MA laws that was actually remotely tame

I will agree that if you are so worked up about FID suitability, then what the **** have you been doing about the LTC suitability for the last decades?

basically two options, maybe three...

leave
stay and fight and HOPE you can eventually change the tide... this will take a long long time
Hope for complete collapse and revolt

I'll take hope for complete collapse and revolt for $1000 Alex.

And the way Ebola is spreading, we may not have to wait long...

It just confirms the states actual stance on 2A and makes lawsuits easier.

The only reason I remotely gige a shit is because I want to see the proponents of it butt hurt.

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

WOW, I went to almost every rally in the last year and testified twice at the state house on the two items that were submitted this year, the speakers secret committee bill and the original public safety committee legislation. We had plenty of unfilled seats and sidewalk space for all those events. More people showed up for the rally against accepting Obamas surrogate children than to protect their 2A rights. I count this as 26 wins and 1 loss from what we started with almost a year ago. If you want to BITCH do it in a constructive way and not from your keyboard to only other gun owners! If you don't like GOALs methods I hope you belong to either the NRA or Comm2A because if you belong to nothing you get nothing.

I think whoever came up with this compromise was a smart cookie.

Instead of being able to automatically deny a gun license and force the victim to spend money bringing suit to try and get his rights restored, now it's the chief who has to justify his case in front of a judge first. Not just once but each and every time they try to deny someone their constitutional rights.

I'm no lawyer but it seems to me the more the anti chiefs try it the more legal ammo they'll provide us for the inevitable court challenges.

In this state I doubt it will work out the way people think it will. They pretty much do what they want no matter what the laws or rules are.

I think whoever came up with this compromise was a smart cookie.

Instead of being able to automatically deny a gun license and force the victim to spend money bringing suit to try and get his rights restored, now it's the chief who has to justify his case in front of a judge first. Not just once but each and every time they try to deny someone their constitutional rights.

I'm no lawyer but it seems to me the more the anti chiefs try it the more legal ammo they'll provide us for the inevitable court challenges.

I don't have anything to add to the matter. I stated what I wanted to the OP.
I hope your post wasn't directed at me, because mien wasn't directed at you.
I was smart. I moved.

Ahhhhh...I see....The famous NES "I did the RIGHT THING and ran from a tough fight" thing rears up again, eh??

Great.

We're all (those of us who either don't have the option or simply feel morally steadfast in deciding to stay in the area we were born, raised, educated, employed, etc) quite proud of you and all the other members who post here shouting out "Nyah-nyah. I moved! I fled! I'm smart!! Nyah-nyah! Sucks to be you!!!" etc etc etc..

I'm sure Paul Revere and William Dawes (and so many others over the past 300 years) would probably approve of your "choice" and actions. Just get the hell out. Pack up your family and move, take your kids over a hundred miles from their family, friends, schoolmates, their own jobs...take your wife who was born and raised here, is very active in the community and has several HUNDRED good friends...yep. Just tell her also that "We're moving because a group of lawyers under the Golden Dome are picking on me - again".

Therefore, it's certainly quite obvious that anyone who STAYS and stands up and FIGHTS the moonbattery, anyone who STAYS and FIGHTS for their "albeit constantly under fire" 2nd Amendment rights, anyone who STAYS and FIGHTS to GAIN ground, as this HARD FOUGHT "victory" proves, anyone who STAYS and FIGHTS and refuses to let an out-of-control, condescending, hypocritical, often-lying, nearly always disingenuous group of Massachusetts legislators, anyone who STAYS and FIGHTS to keep his family happy and maintain close relationships himself with his friends and family... or someone who simply doesn't want to (or can't!) move due to close family ties, responsibilities to friends, family health, etc etc etc. Anyone who owns a business or good (great) job down here should FLEE from it.

Yep. Anyone who STAYS and FIGHTS isn't "smart". They're all "idiots" for fighting - HARD - to preserve and BETTER the laws in this admittedly f*cked up state. Get it, boys and girls? We're all supposed to flee, run, just get the hell out of here, like Paul and William and so many others did.

"Stand and fight"??? Nah. That wouldn't be "smart".

"Smart" men and women run across state lines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom