Why GOAL supports H.4376? Have they lost it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is that gun owners are outnumbered by liberal progressives by at least 5 to 1 in Mass.

The majority of people here don't like guns, don't own guns, and think more gun laws are better.

Who told you this?

My humble opinion.

The number of anti gun folks is significantly higher in Wellesley, Dover, Lincoln, Cambridge, and any town with a wealthier population.

Just look at the number of gun permits versus the total population. 350,000 versus 6.2 million.

My numbers are in the ballpark.

My humble opinion.

The number of anti gun folks is significantly higher in Wellesley, Dover, Lincoln, Cambridge, and any town with a wealthier population.

Just look at the number of gun permits versus the total population. 350,000 versus 6.2 million.

My numbers are in the ballpark.

You assume because of the 350.000 v 6.2 million that the majority don't like gun

Last edited:
This bill may not give us every thing we want, but it is a start. And winning our rights back has always been about the long game.

Winning in the long game? What planet are you living on?

Nothing in MA has gotten better "over the long run". And don't worry they'll be back again next year with another bill.

i think it's time for an NES group hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's why we don't have GCA '34 or '68 and why states aren't allowed to have may issue or AWBs.

Courts are useless. Look at IL and how Chicago just keeps passing absurd regs to basically de facto ban everything. Politicians don't give a shit about court rulings.

Scouter-Rick, many thanks to you, other GOAL board members and GOAL staff for your tireless and effective efforts. Backed by the righteous activism and passion of so many Second Amendment supporters, this situation is looking far better for law-abiding citizens in Mass. than has been the case in many months dating back to early 2013 and up through the widely-derided "listening tour" and "gun violence committee." Your efforts benefit every NES follower.

Last edited:
Bottom line is that gun owners are outnumbered by liberal progressives by at least 5 to 1 in Mass.

The majority of people here don't like guns, don't own guns, and think more gun laws are better.

And, to compound the problem, the government is about 90% democratic, which has "gun violence" as a major part of their "message".

I have lived here since the early 1950's, and the state has gone far left liberal progressive.

It may take 3-4 generations to change it.

I have alos lived here since the mid-50's..... What in the world makes you think it will ever change!!!!! You cannot reason with people who do not think ... Progressives just BELIEVE> They do not care to discuss anything .. they just KNOW it's right. You cannot change that.

Everyone complaining about GOAL needs to take a step back and look at the big picture here. GOAL is the only one lobbying Beacon Hill for second amendment rights. They are on OUR side. Direct your complaints about the bill directly to the politicians. I'm not saying you can never critique GOAL, but understand that they're not miracle workers--and ask yourself, "what have I done to help?"

Don't be the guy that stands around complaining but does no work himself.

The NRA is a different animal. They're a NATIONAL organization and will use the "new gun laws in Massachusetts" tag line to drum up donations in other states--and good for them. But they're not going to enter in to Mass state politics--and they shouldn't. Their role is to lobby DC for 2A rights.

FWIW, I'm a GOAL and NRA member.

EDIT: and on the topic of these other groups that claim to be *more* pro 2A, I say, "great, make it happen, change the laws in Mass to respect lawful gun owner rights." But don't waste time and money complaining about other 2A groups--that only hurts our cause. Show some respect for people that have spent years of their life fighting for 2A rights in Mass.

Last edited:
Also shorten your posts. They are way too long.

This. You post like my wife cooks. More of everything must be good.

I rarely dine at your table anymore. I just can't slog thru it. And that's too bad because the meals were often quite tasty...

I think whoever came up with this compromise was a smart cookie.

Instead of being able to automatically deny a gun license and force the victim to spend money bringing suit to try and get his rights restored, now it's the chief who has to justify his case in front of a judge first. Not just once but each and every time they try to deny someone their constitutional rights.

I'm no lawyer but it seems to me the more the anti chiefs try it the more legal ammo they'll provide us for the inevitable court challenges.

The language that they applied to the FID is what I and several others were trying to get attached to the LTC, knowing we would not get shall issue.

Good luck with your fight, I am sure Paul Revere and his friends are proud, although those dudes were shooting by now...

I am happy that I broke my ass to move out of MA. I am picking up my second suppressor tonight, couldn't have done that while still living in MA.

And I grew up in Dorchester, yet I don't send letters to the Dorchester Daily News saying "Sucks to be you". And I lived in NY and NJ, yet don't get a hard-on telling those people how I might move to NH to get away from the BS in Massachusetts, as I said earlier.

Look, I'm thrilled that all you MA refugees in NH think you have it "made" sitting around ponds with mosquitos as big as sparrows talking about the wonderful Italian meal you had at an Olive Garden....While I'm at a beautiful MA beach and minutes from real, authentic, amazing food from every culture on the planet... But I don't see what value it brings to those of us with the courage and conviction to Stand And Fight down here in MA .
I go to NH as often as anyone else, for the tax break, the fresh air, etc etc But to live there?

Last private message I got on this subject came from some former MA resident who now lives in Alabama, where he's more free and "Alabama is awesome" etc etc Sorry, you can rip us all you want for choosing to stay here. But Alabama, to me, is about as inviting as Mississippi or Louisiana. I'm sure the tractor-pulls and mud pit triathlons are a blast, but I'll take Boston (and MA) ANYTIME over Alabama. Or someone else told me how much he loves Idaho. ("It's much better and different than anyone realizes" cuz the corn silo casts a nice shadow in the afternoon to get you out of the heat, etc.)
Ditto NH. Look, I lived in Dracut and THAT was the middle of nowhere by comparison to the Greater Boston area. With apologies to the Dracut-ites here, I can't tell you how great it felt to eat in the North End (rather than Dracut at The Blue Angus or or The Village Inn, for the umpteenth time).

I stand by my comments and I stand and fight with GOAL and all the other MA "dopes" who don't want to live in the woods. It's just that simple. Nobody is holding us here at gunpoint, so yeah, we could all flee and run over the border any time we want. We "idiots" who stay in MA respect all of you who made the decision to flee. Just respect my courage to stay, and stand and fight the system down here.

Or don't respect my decision to do so. I really don''t give a f*ck. Cuz I simply don''t waish to live iin NH. Nor do I (although I love NH in many ways) give a f*ck which old movie is playing at the drive in up in "Live Free or Die" land, cuz I'd rather not get eaten alive by bugs as I watch a flick. But thanks for your input.

And I grew up in Dorchester, yet I don't send letters to the Dorchester Daily News saying "Sucks to be you". And I lived in NY and NJ, yet don't get a hard-on telling those people how I might move to NH to get away from the BS in Massachusetts, as I said earlier.

Look, I'm thrilled that all you MA refugees in NH think you have it "made" sitting around ponds with mosquitos as big as sparrows talking about the wonderful Italian meal you had at an Olive Garden....While I'm at a beautiful MA beach and minutes from real, authentic, amazing food from every culture on the planet... But I don't see what value it brings to those of us with the courage and conviction to Stand And Fight down here in MA .
I go to NH as often as anyone else, for the tax break, the fresh air, etc etc But to live there?

Last private message I got on this subject came from some former MA resident who now lives in Alabama, where he's more free and "Alabama is awesome" etc etc Sorry, you can rip us all you want for choosing to stay here. But Alabama, to me, is about as inviting as Mississippi or Louisiana. I'm sure the tractor-pulls and mud pit triathlons are a blast, but I'll take Boston (and MA) ANYTIME over Alabama. Or someone else told me how much he loves Idaho. ("It's much better and different than anyone realizes" cuz the corn silo casts a nice shadow in the afternoon to get you out of the heat, etc.)
Ditto NH. Look, I lived in Dracut and THAT was the middle of nowhere by comparison to the Greater Boston area. With apologies to the Dracut-ites here, I can't tell you how great it felt to eat in the North End (rather than Dracut at The Blue Angus or or The Village Inn, for the umpteenth time).

I stand by my comments and I stand and fight with GOAL and all the other MA "dopes" who don't want to live in the woods. It's just that simple. Nobody is holding us here at gunpoint, so yeah, we could all flee and run over the border any time we want. We "idiots" who stay in MA respect all of you who made the decision to flee. Just respect my courage to stay, and stand and fight the system down here.

Or don't respect my decision to do so. I really don''t give a f*ck. Cuz I simply don''t waish to live iin NH. Nor do I (although I love NH in many ways) give a f*ck which old movie is playing at the drive in up in "Live Free or Die" land, cuz I'd rather not get eaten alive by bugs as I watch a flick. But thanks for your input.

Dude, all this, I am not reading it. You don't need to justify your decision to stay in MA to me or anyone else, just accept it. This is the internet, people are going to give their opinions, don't let that get you down. In my opinion, staying in MA would have been a stupid decision, so I moved to NH. It is making me a much happier person, and I would advise anyone to do the same. Don't like my advise? Ignore me.

Read it however you want. I don't need to explain myself to someone on the internet who thinks he knows what I meant when I typed that. [thinking]
I don't live in Londonderry. FAIL
Quality of girls? I'm married. Happily married.
Also shorten your posts. They are way too long.

I'm married too, not dead.
And sorry if my posts are "too long" for you to read.
"See Spot Run. Run Spot Run. Run run run".

Short enough?
[rofl]

You should run for office

my letter to Rob over at RedMass Group, about his blog:
Call the NRA and Ask Them to Revoke GOAL Affiliation
by: Rob "EaBo Clipper" Eno

[email protected]
Rob,

What have you done other than complain on a blog that no one reads to forward our 2nd amendment rights in this great state of Massachusetts? The group you reference, Mass Pro2A, YouTube video has a whopping 468 hits in three weeks. I've been in the fight for 25 years and GOAL is the only damn group who cares, other than the newly formed Comm2A, but they do legal work, not lobbying.

GOAL doesn't care if you are Blue or Red or somewhere in between as long as you support our gun rights. The only reason I know of your existence is through a not so favorable review of your writing over at www.northeastshooters.com ,the hardest working group of gun enthusiasts in New England.

Thank God for a free press and the ability of anyone, independent of knowledge or intelligence, to express their opinion. Good luck and safe shooting, I'd suggest you do more research the next time you decide to write about gun rights issues.

The summary points posted above seem like a lot of progress for Massachusetts. If this passes and someone with restrictions writes to the CoP to have them removed, will the CoP have to provide a reason? Or only on renewal?

Restrictions are subject to judicial review at any time.

SECTION 51. Paragraph (f) of said section 131 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by striking out the second paragraph and inserting in place thereof the following paragraph:- Any applicant or holder aggrieved by a denial, revocation, suspension or restriction placed on a license, unless a hearing has previously been held pursuant to chapter 209A, may, within either 90 days after receiving notice of the denial, revocation or suspension or within 90 days after the expiration of the time limit during which the licensing authority shall respond to the applicant or, in the case of a restriction, any time after a restriction is placed on the license pursuant to this section, file a petition to obtain judicial review in the district court having jurisdiction in the city or town in which the applicant filed the application or in which the license was issued. If after a hearing a justice of the court finds that there was no reasonable ground for denying, suspending, revoking or restricting the license and that the petitioner is not prohibited by law from possessing a license, the justice may order a license to be issued or reinstated to the petitioner or may order the licensing authority to remove certain restrictions placed on the license.

This one section tips the sum of the bill towards the positive side for the approximately 26,000 people in MA who have a restricted LTC. (This section takes effect on January 1, 2015.)

Last edited:

One of my first posts on this forum was something similar. I said I like city life, don't want to live in the woods, like Boston sports, nice restaurants (you know ones with actual chefs behind the operation), etc. The way some members responded, you'd think I raped their mothers.

I love the country, but I'd end up bored there. I'd love a lake house in ME/NH or something but I'm not sure about living there full time. To each his own. No big deal. There's some super loose screws on this forum, to say the least.

Cool,than keep your city laws in the city and let the rest of the state(in the country) have a free state kind of lifestyle. [rolleyes]

Restrictions are subject to judicial review at any time.

This one section tips the sum of the bill towards the positive side for the approximately 26,000 people in MA who have a restricted LTC. (This section takes effect on January 1, 2015.)

How many petitions can be filed on Jan second?
Hit the courts with five thousand people who are restricted only because of where they live.
How many Boston residents can we get on board to use the commissioners words against him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom