Why GOAL supports H.4376? Have they lost it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but if you're over 18, they're no background check to purchase, so that's a moot point. it will only be used in the prosecution of someone using pepper spray in the commission of a crime.

And in this case, defending yourself with pepper spray is a crime.

ETA: This is why, in the most perverse and ironical way possible, that Chitcago, California, Washington DC, Massachusetts and the rest of the oppressive states are actually going to be the cradle of liberty in this area. The free staters who are so vocal on NES are the ones living in the states who are and will be doing absolutely nothing in this fight.

This is so true.

The battles in the war for our RKBA are being fought places like right here, not in the free states. I certainly don't begrudge them their freedom and I even hope to retire to a free state someday but I would sure appreciate it if they didn't constantly shit on those of us living on the front lines.

The amount of vitriol thrown at New York and Connecticut gun owners by the RKBA community last year was just shameful. The gun control law being passed here in Massachusetts could have easily been just as bad as what hit them but it wasn't and that is in large part due to the efforts of GOAL.

Now we hear the same vitriol because we didn't win the whole RKBA war with just this one battle. We need the support of free staters, not their disdain and if from their utopian worlds they cannot give us the former they at least can keep their big yaps shut on the latter. That especially goes for those who moved from here to there. Maybe if your voices were still being heard along with ours we might have done even better than we did.

This is so true.

The battles in the war for our RKBA are being fought places like right here, not in the free states....

Yup. Lawmakers are lazy f'ers. They wait until ONE state passes some law and then they say, "hey, we should do that too, it worked there" meaning the gun owners didn't revolt and they *claimed* it made everyone safer. So they copy and paste it into law.

Coming to a state near you...

This is so true.

The battles in the war for our RKBA are being fought places like right here, not in the free states. I certainly don't begrudge them their freedom and I even hope to retire to a free state someday but I would sure appreciate it if they didn't constantly shit on those of us living on the front lines.

The amount of vitriol thrown at New York and Connecticut gun owners by the RKBA community last year was just shameful. The gun control law being passed here in Massachusetts could have easily been just as bad as what hit them but it wasn't and that is in large part due to the efforts of GOAL.

Now we hear the same vitriol because we didn't win the whole RKBA war with just this one battle. We need the support of free staters, not their disdain and if from their utopian worlds they cannot give us the former they at least can keep their big yaps shut on the latter. That especially goes for those who moved from here to there. Maybe if your voices were still being heard along with ours we might have done even better than we did.

Agree with most of this. One thing though, is people like Derek, who left MA for NH, yet still continue to help us fight. There are others. Then there are some who just run away and look back and gloat and talk down to those who remain. It takes all kinds, and meanwhile ya just gotta keep plugging along.

(Signing off NES soon to do chores and maybe some gun fun.)

Looks like to me many of the concessions here play right into Comm2A's strengths.

Also noticed that the application receipt section specifically calls out a procedure for applications received by mail (receipt returned by mail within 7 days). CoP are going to have a harder time slow-rolling applications if they're sent by certified mail w/ return receipt, and harder to say they don't accept them by mail when the law talks about applications by mail.

This is exactly right. I think the legislature have been very sensitive to issues of poor service (for lack of a better term) on the part of police departments. You don't have to be particularly pro-2A to think that the police and other government officials should be efficiently completing the tasks that they are required by law to complete. While many on Beacon Hill would like to argue that our gun laws should be tighter or looser, I think you'll find more agreement that, whatever the laws are, they should be properly administered.

The revised statute is very helpful in terms of giving people the tools to actually force the PDs to do their jobs. While suitability didn't change, we did add to arsenal that can be used to fight it.

One thing though, is people like Derek, who left MA for NH, yet still continue to help us fight. There are others.

I take your point. For the record I did not mean to paint every Expat M******* (and that quite possibly includes myself too someday) with that wide brush. Thank God for folks like Derek and others.

Dude, all this, I am not reading it. You don't need to justify your decision to stay in MA to me or anyone else, just accept it. This is the internet, people are going to give their opinions, don't let that get you down. In my opinion, staying in MA would have been a stupid decision, so I moved to NH. It is making me a much happier person, and I would advise anyone to do the same. Don't like my advise? Ignore me.

So if you don't like my "all this" and don't wanna bother reading "all this", then why even spend your time in a FORUM, where people exchange ideas, information, knowledge, praise, complaints, gripes, etc etc etc, WITHOUT limit on number of characters per message, or number of words per sentence, or....(etc etc etc).

Oh, and if YOU "don't like MY advise"? Then don't read THIS either...(as if I give a rats anus!!) [laugh]

One of my first posts on this forum was something similar. I said I like city life, don't want to live in the woods, like Boston sports, nice restaurants (you know ones with actual chefs behind the operation), etc. The way some members responded, you'd think I raped their mothers.

I love the country, but I'd end up bored there. I'd love a lake house in ME/NH or something but I'm not sure about living there full time. To each his own. No big deal. There's some super loose screws on this forum, to say the least.

This!! When I first joined, years ago, one of the first messages I got was from someone who'd been on here since almost day one...and one of the first things he said was "This forum can get very retarded sometimes".

It is what it is. For the most part, it's 90% great people, and other percentages of people who either don't have a lot of things going on in their life or don't have enough life going on in their things!
But, Lord forbid you say anything that those small percenters find to be not cool for their way of thinking. And Lord forbid you try to look at things objectively or from a different perspective than them, cuz, y'know, they're always right... cuz they have a GUN.

[laugh]

The free staters who are so vocal on NES are the ones living in the states who are and will be doing absolutely nothing in this fight.It's mind blowing when you think about it.

This!!!
Not mind-blowing, per-se, but mind-LESS, on the free staters part - at least those who come on here screaming at US for being "dumb", etc for staying here (as in "here" where we have, y'know, our lives, families, businesses, friends, acquaintances, homes we own and LOVE, etc etc etc).

They're (the free-staters who scream here) VERY vocal, but ask them to help out in our fight, rather than sit at their keyboard thumbing their nose(s) and the only thing they'll tell you is to PACK UP AND RUN!!! ...away from everything you've built, from your loved ones, from your LIFE!!

To do a sorta Jed Clampett - in reverse. Load up the truck and move to the wonderful ham and bean suppers at the churches in the "gun-friendly state of ____" (fill in the blank)

[smile]

Last edited:
I've said it before here, and I'll say it again. There are a number of folks on this forum, that were it raining money, would bitch that it was falling in the wrong denominations. [laugh]

A thick skin and an open mind go a long way here.

Do we have anything that resembles a plan to win elections in November?
A plan to "educate some of the fudds and general public.
A plan to raise money for pro 2A candiadates.
A plan to keep the pro 2A candiates in office?
I think we have momentum going for ( not against ) us .
Do we have aplan to captialize on our momentum?
Open to sugesstions.
Gboy

I am the Volunteer Coordinator for Susannah Lee.
PM your location and Ill put you in touch with a Pro 2A candidate in your area.

One of the things we do with our volunteers is to ask them to look at our voter data and personally call people they know on the lists. You would be surprised at who votes and who doesn't

The guy at the range with the pick-up truck and 'Murica stickers? Nope, not on the list. The quiet guy down the street who sometimes helps you to shovel out the old lady over yonder? Yeah he is on the list, reach out. It will make a difference.

Voter data is public knowledge with this data you can find out political affiliation and if and when people vote in elections.
And now it's time to promo my candidate:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing in MA has gotten better "over the long run".

In 1976 a ballot initiative for a complete state handgun ban had huge public support and very nearly passed. Nobody much doubted that the state had the legal authority to do it, it was just a question of which way the vote would go. The ballot measure failed by a last minute shift in opinion but there was a whole lot of public sentiment behind it. Every major highway entering the state had large billboards touting the Draconian Massachusetts gun laws and their minimum one-year sentence.

Around 20 years later, the shitshow in 1998 wasn't as bad as a complete ban, but *nobody* was down at the club arguing that maybe it was the right thing. It was the Speaker's show, and it landed straight down our throats.

Now it's 2014 and DeLeo was all set for the second coming of 1998, but we have enough pull and organization and voice to complain and be heard, and we've ended up with a bill that has some really crappy bits but also some really good bits. Nobody with any political credibility is talking about complete bans, both because of public opinion and because we have US Supreme Court precedent on our side. Most importantly, a lot of the younger generation that I work with thinks guns and shooting and self-defense are fun and cool and an important civil rights issue, and I hear that from people all over the political map, when even 20 years ago even the shooters I worked with would *never* talk about shooting or guns at work.

So, yeah, I sure as hell do think it's gotten better in the last 40 years, and I think we're pointed in the right direction. The legislative front is a real mixed bag (but I think has hope), but in the court of public opinion we've had a turnaround I never, ever, would have believed.

(Now when the hell did those billboards go up and come down, anyway?)

a lot of the younger generation that I work with thinks guns and shooting and self-defense are fun and cool and an important civil rights issue, and I hear that from people all over the political map, when even 20 years ago even the shooters I worked with would *never* talk about shooting or guns at work.

^^this
as much as I try not to use the cliche term "outreach", it is ultimately the answer to our 2A woes. Exposing the younger generations to guns, educating them and helping them see the light....Its so damn important.

the legislation approach is important too but in the long run we can only fight politicians for so long and eventually the political landscape will give them the upper hand. But if the young ones are pro-2A then our freedoms will be secured.

this is why despite my moonbat brother-in-law, my niece comes shooting w me every chance she gets.

Ahhhhh...I see....The famous NES "I did the RIGHT THING and ran from a tough fight" thing rears up again, eh??

Great.

We're all (those of us who either don't have the option or simply feel morally steadfast in deciding to stay in the area we were born, raised, educated, employed, etc) quite proud of you and all the other members who post here shouting out "Nyah-nyah. I moved! I fled! I'm smart!! Nyah-nyah! Sucks to be you!!!" etc etc etc..

I'm sure Paul Revere and William Dawes (and so many others over the past 300 years) would probably approve of your "choice" and actions. Just get the hell out. Pack up your family and move, take your kids over a hundred miles from their family, friends, schoolmates, their own jobs...take your wife who was born and raised here, is very active in the community and has several HUNDRED good friends...yep. Just tell her also that "We're moving because a group of lawyers under the Golden Dome are picking on me - again".

Therefore, it's certainly quite obvious that anyone who STAYS and stands up and FIGHTS the moonbattery, anyone who STAYS and FIGHTS for their "albeit constantly under fire" 2nd Amendment rights, anyone who STAYS and FIGHTS to GAIN ground, as this HARD FOUGHT "victory" proves, anyone who STAYS and FIGHTS and refuses to let an out-of-control, condescending, hypocritical, often-lying, nearly always disingenuous group of Massachusetts legislators, anyone who STAYS and FIGHTS to keep his family happy and maintain close relationships himself with his friends and family... or someone who simply doesn't want to (or can't!) move due to close family ties, responsibilities to friends, family health, etc etc etc. Anyone who owns a business or good (great) job down here should FLEE from it.

Yep. Anyone who STAYS and FIGHTS isn't "smart". They're all "idiots" for fighting - HARD - to preserve and BETTER the laws in this admittedly f*cked up state. Get it, boys and girls? We're all supposed to flee, run, just get the hell out of here, like Paul and William and so many others did.

"Stand and fight"??? Nah. That wouldn't be "smart".

"Smart" men and women run across state lines.

As good as the speech in Animal House. Seriously. Kudos to goal. If certain pols had their way, we would have something like CT , NY, etc. We don't.

sent using tapatalk

I was talking w/ my local Rep almost every other week and the low down was that something was going to pass, regardless. Did we get what we want? No. Did they get what they wanted? Hell no. My Rep, a democrat who actually uses logic, was shocked to see how much it transformed due to our phone calls, our letters, and our e-mails. Yes, crap is being thrown at the wall by anti's, and they won't stop. But we who stayed kept up the fight so that we would not turn out like CA & NY.

I don't have anything to add to the matter. I stated what I wanted to the OP.

I hope your post wasn't directed at me, because mien wasn't directed at you.

I was smart. I moved.

Translation: "a smart man runs".
No spin job, pal. You said it. Back it up.

Look, we get it, all you guys who felt it in your best interest to leave. You had the same choice as me, yet, for reasons previously stated (family, friends, health etc), I made the choice to stay. I lived in Delaware, New Jersey AND New York when I was younger (but born and raised in MA)... And, after leaving NY, NJ and Delaware , I don't surf the net looking for gun owner forums down there so that I can thumb my nose at them and say "NYAH NYAH!... I moved cuz I'm SMART".

We "get it" that there are many here who fled. And those of us that didn't feel you'd be more productive by starting your own "I ran from Massachusetts" forum /thread whatever instead of glorifying your decision to us that choose to FIGHT.

I'm a Dorchester kid originally and believe me, I have more respect for a fighter than for someone who ran away then posts "I'M SMART" to those of us still fighting.

Whatever, dude, enjoy the ham and bean suppers at the church, with the cows and the great freedom.

I'm also enjoying being 10 minutes from the North End, Fenway the Garden, the beach, etc etc etc. New Hampshire is great for those who want to live there for the gun freedoms, I agree. But if you're gonna tell me Londonderry has the same quality of chicks as Faneuil Hall and BU/BC, etc?

Whatever. We're all thrilled for all of you who fled the state, and I'd spend more time with this, but I have to call GOAL and see if Jim needs help today, and then I have to go to work to help pay for my Comm2A donation this month.

Oh, and Happy Sunday Flea Markets too. I'll be at the beach. In Massachusetts.

FIGHTING tyranny. :thumbup:

GlockJock,

You are turning into another garandman - an angry, bitter person who blames everybody else but himself, and by being vocal about it hurts the very cause he is supposed to be fighting for.

All Not Tom said was that he made the smart decision for himself and his family, just like you are doing the same for yourself and your family, and early in that post you acknowledge that... just before you start painting all the people who made that call in derogatory terms.

Personally, I made a similar decision last year and moved from MA to NH and I am strongly involved in fighting for freedom both locally and in MA. While NH is way better off than MA in terms of personal freedom, the mooonbats are out in force here too and it takes constant work to fend them off.

While living in NH, I came and testified to MA hearings, I donate to Comm2A, am a GOAL member, donated to Susanne Lee-Whipps and Brad Wyatt, etc.

Please take this advice from a friend: stop painting with a broad brush,,, in this case you are attacking ALL people who moved, and you are wrong in doing so. If you have a problem with a particular post or poster, take it up with them, not with a large number of people you seem to know and understand little about (at least based on your recent posts).

I know you mean well - but what you are doing here is helping nobody (other than the progressives who love watch us fighting each other... every moment spent bitching about other people on the same side is a moment you are not using to fight the good fight).

Hope to meet you in person at one of the NES events to follow up on this... and PM me if you happen to come by Pelham or Londonderry - would like a chance to say hi in person.

George Peterson got threats hate calls and hate mail. So I reckon GOAL and its BoD would too.

GlockJock,

You are turning into another garandman - an angry, bitter person who blames everybody else but himself, and by being vocal about it hurts the very cause he is supposed to be fighting for.

All Not Tom said was that he made the smart decision for himself and his family, just like you are doing the same for yourself and your family, and early in that post you acknowledge that... just before you start painting all the people who made that call in derogatory terms.

Personally, I made a similar decision last year and moved from MA to NH and I am strongly involved in fighting for freedom both locally and in MA. While NH is way better off than MA in terms of personal freedom, the mooonbats are out in force here too and it takes constant work to fend them off.

While living in NH, I came and testified to MA hearings, I donate to Comm2A, am a GOAL member, donated to Susanne Lee-Whipps and Brad Wyatt, etc.

Please take this advice from a friend: stop painting with a broad brush,,, in this case you are attacking ALL people who moved, and you are wrong in doing so. If you have a problem with a particular post or poster, take it up with them, not with a large number of people you seem to know and understand little about (at least based on your recent posts).

I know you mean well - but what you are doing here is helping nobody (other than the progressives who love watch us fighting each other... every moment spent bitching about other people on the same side is a moment you are not using to fight the good fight).

Hope to meet you in person at one of the NES events to follow up on this... and PM me if you happen to come by Pelham or Londonderry - would like a chance to say hi in person.

Ya gotta admit that there's a whole shipload of posts on NES by certain people that come across as childish laughing at us ma$$holes. It might make those of us behind the iron curtain feel the same way that caused you to feel when you decided to write this message.

In 1976 a ballot initiative for a complete state handgun ban had huge public support and very nearly passed. Nobody much doubted that the state had the legal authority to do it, it was just a question of which way the vote would go. The ballot measure failed by a last minute shift in opinion but there was a whole lot of public sentiment behind it. Every major highway entering the state had large billboards touting the Draconian Massachusetts gun laws and their minimum one-year sentence.

Around 20 years later, the shitshow in 1998 wasn't as bad as a complete ban, but *nobody* was down at the club arguing that maybe it was the right thing. It was the Speaker's show, and it landed straight down our throats.

Now it's 2014 and DeLeo was all set for the second coming of 1998, but we have enough pull and organization and voice to complain and be heard, and we've ended up with a bill that has some really crappy bits but also some really good bits. Nobody with any political credibility is talking about complete bans, both because of public opinion and because we have US Supreme Court precedent on our side. Most importantly, a lot of the younger generation that I work with thinks guns and shooting and self-defense are fun and cool and an important civil rights issue, and I hear that from people all over the political map, when even 20 years ago even the shooters I worked with would *never* talk about shooting or guns at work.

So, yeah, I sure as hell do think it's gotten better in the last 40 years, and I think we're pointed in the right direction. The legislative front is a real mixed bag (but I think has hope), but in the court of public opinion we've had a turnaround I never, ever, would have believed.

(Now when the hell did those billboards go up and come down, anyway?)

Nice to see some perspective on this.

I'm also not surprised that this stated tried to celebrate the Bicentennial with banning handguns.

I'm not going anywhere.
I've got nothing against those who GTFO either.
I am old enough to remember what life here was like before the F*cking libs F*cked it up.
If we had a crystal ball and had any idea how bad it would get back then, We probably would have road them to the town line, burned their houses down and salted the god damn earth.
We didn't though.
Our mistake.
Now I'm saying and doing what I can to make their lives miserable, just because I'm a spiteful, vindictive curmudgeon in training.
That and Dad always said that running away will just get you shot in the ass.

Nice to see some perspective on this.

I'm also not surprised that this stated tried to celebrate the Bicentennial with banning handguns.

actually the vote was very much in our favor

Ban on handguns1

Initiative Petition for a Law

YES

29%

NO

64%

BLANK

7%

93% of voters, voted on this question

Ya gotta admit that there's a whole shipload of posts on NES by certain people that come across as childish laughing at us ma$$holes. It might make those of us behind the iron curtain feel the same way that caused you to feel when you decided to write this message.

I already addressed that in the post you quoted, but if it was tl;dr, let's do it again: Occasionally obnoxious posts from one or two people that left MA do not make it right for people in MA to generalize then rant about all the people who live in another state but are still their friends... no more than obnoxious posts from people that stayed in MA would justify similar rants from the MA expats.

We are have bigger fish to fry... and our time is better spent fighting the real battles - why not start by saying goodbye to Hank Naughton?

Last edited by a moderator:
I already addressed that in the post you quoted, but if it was tl;dr, let's do it again: Occasionally obnoxious posts from one or two people that left MA do not make it right for people in MA to generalize then rant about all the people who live in another state but are still their friends... no more than obnoxious posts from people that stayed in MA would justify similar rants from the MA expats.

We are have bigger fish to fry... and our time is better spent fighting the real battles - why not start by saying goodbye to Hank Naughton?
Agreed

Wasn't too long, did read, wasn't explicit. :D

Here's the explicit version:
"Stop being an ass to your comrades."

Here's the polite version:
"We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately".
800px-Benjamin_Franklin_-_Join_or_Die.jpg

What's done is done. We need to move on and work together for the next step- removing those in office that were supporting H4121. Aside from DeLeo, may he soon rot in a cell, Hank the spank is next on the list, followed closely by Linsky, Creem, Chiang-Diaz and the other libtards that thought the 2A was just an obsolete idea.

As we came together and campaigned to fight H4121, we need to do the same for the upcoming elections. It's the only way to prevent another onslaught of "common sense gun reform" Fix the disease at its source....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom