Will "Real ID" clean house?

Don't lump all employees into this statement. My daughter works there. She has her LTC and is a plaintiff in Weng vs Evans. BTW, if you present your LTC to my daughter as a form of ID, she will probably ask what your carrying and what your favorites are. Hers BTW is a Chrome 1911 with ivory grips.

I know you and have met your Daughter. It's not everyone at RMV, but it will happen and it will be a small group of employees cashing in on the opportunity. It's happened before at RMV, Framingham PD, MSP and it will happen again, you can count on it.

Comply early ... Resistance is futile. Scurrying will only delay assimilation or wide dispersion transport
SevenofNine.jpg
Seven Of Nine

Last edited:
If this initiative can help with the following in any way, I'll support it 1000% along with the death penalty for dealers and distributors, which seems to be working in foreign countries. Let's add forgers and holders of forged Real-ID's !
If you're serious, you need to really re-think your forum name.

Suppliers seem to be providing substantially more than the recreational population seems to be, so I would read a little bit more into this, like a National Security Treat level. Waiting to see if this is true in any way will be very costly in lives. So I respectfully fully disagree with the opinion/statement. That's just my opinion
People are ODing on Fentanyl because it is being used to give a boost to street drugs.

If people could buy cocaine and heroin of known purity legally, and without the obscene markup supported by the fact that it is illegal, Fentanyl ODs would largely disappear.

People are ODing on Fentanyl because it is being used to give a boost to street drugs.

If people could buy cocaine and heroin of known purity legally, and without the obscene markup supported by the fact that it is illegal, Fentanyl ODs would largely disappear.
I try to explain this to people but it largely falls on deaf ears... the worst shit only exists because the regular shit isn't available at a normal price. If we had sound drug policy things like meth or fentanyl largely wouldn't even be a thing. It'll be really fun discussion once they start detecting fent easier and driving the price up. What are the drug crusaders going to say when people start shooting up Krokodil....

-Mike

The unarmed illegal invaders and sleepers that have been here for a while and still remain illegals, now have the potential of being armed with something very deadly in small amounts. Just think what a small organized group or individual could do if it were used in a weaponized manner where contact in any manner is deadly. This is the level I'm concerned with and hope that the Real-ID initiative will significantly impact the distribution mechanism that we seem to be helpless from doing anything about except arguing about legalizing and making other deadly substances more easily available. I'm sure that the people behind the organized effort to inflict the maximum deadly harm are continuing to roll on the floor laughing at us.

Tie the "Real-ID" requirement to cell phone contracts (FCC), banking & credit cards (Federally Insured), housing (subsidies), companies & employers (taxes on employees not being paid/tax fraud), etc...

Now we've got something really good going!

Buying this may be better than the best IPO!

*^*^Owner Financing...60,000 SF former prison in Northeast Colorado

I'm hoping that was sarcasm...

We need LESS ability for government (and private) entities to track and correlate our data...

The organizers of protests and initiators of diversionary arguments and debates know that they can spark the lemmings into endless disputes, that's what Pocahontas does, while the big storm cloud comes around from behind. Based on the drug seizures being reported on the tabloid fake news, this is an international multi-faceted assault that has been around for a while, but is now accelerating with a new less difficult to manufacture deadly substance that can result in a higher body count from more than addiction and misuse, which is accelerating on its own. The distributors seem to be more interested in the kill rate versus making money when their killing their customers. Lets stop the distribution and illegals that cannot get a Real-ID that are involved in this. This is beyond local city and state and talk level control. Deployment of the national guard is a step in the right direction. They need to be on street corners in certain areas.

GEICO TV Commercial, 'Flextacular: More More More'

I don't seem to have the problem of understanding out of control epidemic level when it comes to death rates. Romper Room "Magic Mirror" time is over and the majority as listed in the 97% of the colonial time 3%er distribution need to be told playtime is over, it is obviously not a decision that can be left up to them to make.

Hey.....maybe instead of federally subsidized free needle exchanges we had federally subsidized free prostitution with required scanned Real-ID entry, then we could solve multiple problems at the same time !!! :) This idea could get "Stormy"! And I'm sure that it has a few holes in it!

More innocent old time organized "domestic" vice that doesn't have the intent to kill

Last edited:
i have a friend trying to get her drivers license renewed. You now need your SOCIAL SECURITY card to do so. Along with other crap.

Now i am wondering exactly where my SS card, issued in 1968, is right now? Just a heads up...go find yours ahead of time

i have a friend trying to get her drivers license renewed. You now need your SOCIAL SECURITY card to do so. Along with other crap.

Now i am wondering exactly where my SS card, issued in 1968, is right now? Just a heads up...go find yours ahead of time
I believe that if you can't find your ss card you may use a copy of your latest W-2 form to verify your ss number.

I believe that if you can't find your ss card you may use a copy of your latest W-2 form to verify your ss number.

i heard that. but if you do not recieve W2 forms? What then?
any self employed workers do not get W2's

You can get a replacement SS card from the local social security office. It's a good thing to have on file if you work since an original card is required to collect unemployment insurance benefits.

I got my new read ID license in mail Today. Lots of security features on it. Would be hard to duplicate or make a fake one.
Stood in line 3.5 hours a week ago at AAA to go through the process. Used LTC as one form of ID along with bunch of other docs. It took 15-20 minutes per person to get through line. Sucked but had to get it done. Paying the mandatory $50 made it even worse!

Maybe we can have a monthly NES Real-ID voucher drawing sponsored by the RMV

IN

Last edited:
Last edited:
Can't illegals just opt for a standard license? Many of them already have legal (but obtained illegally) licenses. It seems you can still renew online for a standard license.

i heard that. but if you do not recieve W2 forms? What then?
any self employed workers do not get W2's

Here is the full list direct from the RMV as far as tax docs go and your SSN must validate electronically*. You only need one of these documents for a Real ID.
SSN Card
W-2 Form
SSA-1099 Form
Non SSA-1099 Form
Pay stub with applicants name and SSN
*Customers without an SSN must present a SSA Denial Notice, foreign passport, appropriate visa, and I-94

If you are applying for a standard DL then your SSN already on file in system must validate electronically.

You also must prove lawful presence for any DL. One type of document from the list must be shown. US Passport or Passport Card or a Certified Birth Certificate are the simplest items. The list after those two items most likely does not pertain to 99.99% of NESers so I'm not wasting time typing it.

After they scan the barcode on my forehead, the first thing I do is opt out of the scanner if I don't get my global entry expedited line, which is not always guaranteed, and politely ask for my pre-flight massage. They'll do a little extra (free) massage therapy around the neck and shoulders if you tell them that your vest with plates is heavy and your neck and shoulders are sore. Just don't tell them you have one of those underwear holsters!

Good point!

60 Minutes did a segment on how many US companies and organizations are cyber security compliant, via ISO27000, versus euro companies. The number in the US was pitiful. A few years ago, everyone with a government security clearance had “ALL” their security information hacked. The lack of prevention should be a basis for criminal negligence with the witnessed punishment phase subcontracted to Kim Jung via a good neighbor program. That will help with the arrogant attitude of the IT professionals and company executives responsible for our data security and repercussions from its misuse and lack of accountability.

ISO 27000 - ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 Standards

ISO27K isn't even a very high bar to reach.

On the other hand, though, not pursuing ISO compliance does not necessarily mean that your company isn't secure. It's a certification that costs money and there are many competing certifications and compliance standards. Basing a conclusion like, "EU has more companies that invest appropriately in security than the US" solely on ISO compliance isn't really a good measure.

What an ISO certification actually means also varies a lot depending on who the auditor is. The company being certified is the one paying the auditor so there is an inherent conflict of interest there. Bigger auditors who have more to lose than one customer will (a lot of times) do a better job than smaller shops. At the same time, some of the big shops pay kids who are barely out of college to do all the hard work while they collect massive checks.

None of this is to say ISO certification is worthless, I don't mean that at all, but there is definitely a lot more to it than might be apparent.

The federal government has it's own shockingly FANTASTIC and well maintained security compliance standard (NIST 800-53) but unfortunately it seems to be more critical for contractors to follow than the government itself. Something like Clinton (and Powell before her) using their own email servers for work is such a basic violation of good security practices, I can't even imagine what else must be going on.

Honestly, voters should demand independent audits against NIST 800-53 for any government agency that wants to collect their information and should be empowered not to provide that information if the agency cannot maintain compliance. Won't happen, but it should be that way.

I'll avoid ranting about security further in this thread. :)

Well that was rather painful but at least I had tons of company.
CDL holders have never been able to do anything other than self certification online. It's been like that for years so I disregard anything that says for more information go to www.xyz.com as it never applies to me

Someone holding less than a full set of brains left out one very important part of the instructions when they spent a couple of million bucks on printing and postage. They never included the sentance "Everyone including CDL holders need to pre-register online prior to renewing your drivers license".

I get to Wilmington figuring that its more "suburban" than say... Lowell. The staff is also nice when I certify. Arrive at 11:15 learn about the missing info so I do it online with my phone. Get a confirmation number and stand in the line again only to be told it needs to be printed out. I say to myself WTF do they bother with a confirmation number via email if I still need paper. I say screw this, go get lunch as its 11:50 and drive home. Print the doc and return to the RMV around 1:45. Some of the same people are still there waiting.

Get my ticket at the window and I'm 60 people away in the letter O category away. It's going to be a long afternoon and the people watching wasn't that great. My ass gets sore so I stand for a while and some guy says to me you were here earlier like I was. I reply yes I was due to these ^$##%^&&* people not being clear on instruction. He says he also went home and returned and he asked me if I liked his happy face. He was rather pissed off by expression so I said to him that I left mine in the truck. I did manage a chuckle out of him.

Girl at the counter was very nice so I said nicely to her this really sucks and she smiled replying no shit. She then goes into a pleasant rant about how we need ID's to do everything but vote so I told her I hope that comes next. The girl working to her right says softly let's hope so. Pay my $75 and walk out the door @ 3:50 into a line of 15-20 people and told them I hope they packed a lunch.

In short everyone MUST go on line before going to the RMV if you are getting renewed.

Just renewed and got the real ID. Pretty easy to do just save yourself some time and start the application online before you go. Once my number was called it took about 10 minutes to complete.

A friend went in today. His SS number came back as belonging to another person in another state. (ID theft - could be?) The point is, the RMV employee then hits a few keys and says, "you're all set, but this may happen again when you renew"??? WTF!!! Here's a guy who doesn't match is SS number, and the RMV says "it's OK, it happens all the time"????? HUH??

If they're OKaying some of these new licenses without the necessary verification that's supposed to represent what a "REAL ID" is. How is this system, that the RMV has no ability, or desire to correct supposed to "weed out" the....well, weed out the people the whole program is trying to intercept??

How many bogus SS numbers are floating around out there?

Back
Top Bottom