AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Bought a 1.70” scope mount because I have more money than creativity.

Originally had a 1.54” and it was ever slightly too high while in prone
Fine, I’ll get a stock riser…
After getting the LaRue RISR, it’s now too high…
Didn’t want to hodge podge something on the stock and get it in the way of the charging handle.
Gambled on the Badger Ordnance COMM1 1.70” and I think this Goldielocks can go to bed happy. I’ll post pics later.

Oh hohohohohohohohoh
I like it.

IMG_0747.jpeg
IMG_0748.jpeg

Referring back to my earlier post, went from a 1.54” scope mount to a 1.70” because of my large melon and utilization of LaRue RISR on the stock.
In prone I can now rest on the stock on hi power (18x) and not get lost in the shadow of the eye box.
…at least in the basement.

Lessons learned:
Everyone’s noggin is different and f*** is it expensive to learn your self. Now to see if it helps on the range.

Oh hohohohohohohohoh
I like it.

View attachment 762903
View attachment 762904

Referring back to my earlier post, went from a 1.54” scope mount to a 1.70” because of my large melon and utilization of LaRue RISR on the stock.
In prone I can now rest on the stock on hi power (18x) and not get lost in the shadow of the eye box.
…at least in the basement.

Lessons learned:
Everyone’s noggin is different and f*** is it expensive to learn your self. Now to see if it helps on the range.
Oh... and now it looks like this.

1699064139877.jpeg

I’m starting a new project, should I try a billet lower this time? I’ve always used traditional forged lowers. Probably heading towards a SBR in 300 blk. Backpack rifle. I think… I def don’t need another 16” in 556.
I don’t think it matters unless you have one in mind that you prefer for their aesthetics. Functionally, it’s not going to matter.

I don’t think it matters unless you have one in mind that you prefer for their aesthetics. Functionally, it’s not going to matter.
That what I was thinking, it's more aesthetics I guess. I do want to avoid any non standard special components I see on some billet lowers.

That what I was thinking, it's more aesthetics I guess. I do want to avoid any non standard special components I see on some billet lowers.
Some of them get really “creative”. But that’s cool for some builds. I prefer regular old mil spec forged. But to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom