• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hora Dolor - WINTER FAILINGS! (Excitement/Primer thread)

We like the cold here at H.D. headquarters, if you pass out (again) the cold will help preserve your failure for others to see.

We're planning for roughly the end of February or early March. It will be nice and cold, maybe some snow and the hot barrels will keep your hands warm and dry your tears.

Here is what I can share with you for now:

1) It will be a SPRINT. Not a marathon (or a casual walk in the woods).
2) There will be several heats. Not a one run and your done.
3) Hit or miss. No scoring. "tactical" style scoring. You hit your target and you get to continue, or you are an abject failure and you have to stay put until you hit your target.
4) Shotgun. Rifle. Shotgun. Pistol.
5) Mind games.
6) DIRECT - Head to head competition.
7) LOTS of shooting.
8) Bacon.

We are projecting a $50 PER PERSON entry fee. This will include your entry, lunch and friggin T-shirt. I promise if we can make it cheaper we will.
I also GUARANTEE you will not complain about the cost when you are done.

Ladies and Gentlemen STRIVE FOR MEDIOCRITY!

Will this be a team event or individual an effort?

Team. 2 up. As with the last round, if you are a single or your partner fails you at the last moment, there is likely someone who you can pair up with.

Atmay's partner came down with a common problem.. I forget the exact name but it's basically that he got sand in his vag and couldn't make it. He came alone and one of the dude's on the waiting list showed up to watch and was smart enough to bring his equipment. Well.. guess who got to play that day?!

There is no REAL reason you couldn't do it alone, but you wouldn't have as much fun. Though.. maybe Dad needs a partner. ;)

This does fall on the same day I have my poetry group reading session, so it will be a tough call...but pencil me in! So shotguns are going to be required?

IN! I'll speak for my partner and guess hes in as well. So put team Full Metal Jackass on the roster

We're not taking reservations just yet. We'll do that when we are about a month out. This was to inform and warn folks that it's official and coming. A fair number of people had work conflicts last time so we are trying to get people warned as early as possible. As soon as Joe can confirm the date, we'll be ready to rock.

In a little bit I'll post the race order.

Can you guys elaborate a tiny bit on shotguns ... I don't have one, need to get one, I guess this is going to be trap/skeet type deal. I'm just trying to figure out what I need, a double barrel, semi-auto, irons, red dot, 50x scope ... I can only get one due to short funds.

Btw, team SoftTarget was pre-registered with Joe before ... inception

dicaprio.jpg

im kinda in the same boat with the shotgun...don't have one. ideal for me would have you guys not do shotgun, but if thats what this entails i guess i will have to get one...i should have one anyways.

For those who attended this past one, and are suckers to do another, I've noted a few teams and penciled you in. The format we're bouncing around is going to allow for more teams, but please, don't start throwing money into the paypal acct just yet. I need to confirm dates/times and I have to get my bacon order set up and ready for the hordes.

As it stands now, there's no official list of what to bring, just yet. That list should come out in the next few weeks, plus your "minimum ammo count" [devil2] For all we know right now, we could be dueling with toothbrushes....but that's still being debated by Clint Eastwood and the chair [wink].

For those who attended this past one, and are suckers to do another, I've noted a few teams and penciled you in. The format we're bouncing around is going to allow for more teams, but please, don't start throwing money into the paypal acct just yet. I need to confirm dates/times and I have to get my bacon order set up and ready for the hordes.

As it stands now, there's no official list of what to bring, just yet. That list should come out in the next few weeks, plus your "minimum ammo count" [devil2] For all we know right now, we could be dueling with toothbrushes....but that's still being debated by Clint Eastwood and the chair [wink].

WANT. do it before i end up in the goddamn hospital again this time. [wink]

that does not sound like a name for a shotgun, are you sure we are talking about shotguns? [laugh]

and what a shotgun it is!

WANT. do it before i end up in the goddamn hospital again this time. [wink]

may be we should rent a hospital as the ground to run the course, it would be like an urban setup and I can get a hit of oxygen after the sprint and hot nurses ... I'm definitely collapsing.

and what a shotgun it is!

That's it, I'm bringing my Penetrator and Violator in 7.62 [rofl]

that does not sound like a name for a shotgun, are you sure we are talking about shotguns? [laugh]

Penn Arms Striker. Rotary magazine shotgun. My phone is being absurd and doesn't want to copy the link, but there is video of it with Dragon's Breath on the first page of the official Pumpkin shoot thread in a post I made.

Penn Arms Striker. Rotary magazine shotgun. My phone is being absurd and doesn't want to copy the link, but there is video of it with Dragon's Breath on the first page of the official Pumpkin shoot thread in a post I made.

Meeeemmmmmories.....

For the newbs, and the slackers that stayed home, first there is this (click on it for video):

Then the scarecrows catch fire. :)

the post nicole was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom