Hora Dolor - WINTER FAILINGS! (Excitement/Primer thread)

We will defend our last place trophy like Obama defends American embassies!

oh-snap-90414794228.jpeg

This does fall on the same day I have my poetry group reading session, so it will be a tough call...but pencil me in! So shotguns are going to be required?

Dude.. quit being a pussy. Arrange to have the poetry reading at the club! There is a nice fireplace, some couches, food (with ample bacon). Think outside the box son!

- - - Updated - - -

We will defend our last place trophy like Obama defends American embassies!

You know when people txt "lol". Dude.. I seriously just actually did it.

Anyone looking for a team mate, let me know. I can run and shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfffft. Not important qualifications. More important: what is your costume concept to outdo ghillie suits and the super mario brothers? Do you have a gun more outrageous than Boris' AK? How much bacon will you eat?

Pfffft. Not important qualifications. More important: what is your costume concept to outdo ghillie suits and the super mario brothers? Do you have a gun more outrageous than Boris' AK? How much bacon will you eat?

all of these are important questions.

attachment.php

*note: not hora dolor [sad2]*

2qve4ow.gif

Attachments

• IMG_2460a.jpg
    IMG_2460a.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
So here is a rough rundown of the event.

Details subject to change.

Start at the clubhouse, where you will be toasty and warm and be nice and relaxed after listening to Beastly and Boris read their poetry.

Look at your opponents eye to eye. Eye of the tiger! Yeah, this is a heads up race against a direct competitor, another team who wants you to fail so they look superior. Are you going to put up with that shit? Yeah you are. And you're going to kick them squarely in the junk and move on. Rockstar style. Hopefully the poetry has something to do with death and destruction. Or at least Mother Russia.

DING - the bell goes off (or a dude with a huge chin beard says go). You run at full waddle to the Trap range. Where you.. shoot trap. Ever try and shoot trap after hearing poetry? Maybe now you have.

Once your trap experience is complete haul ass to the rifle range (it's about 30 feet away, settle down). Shoot your rifle (any caliber, even a .22) and score 10 hits (per member) on the steel plate that resides 100 yards from your muzzle. Ring-a-ding-ding.

SUCCESS! I can say SUCCESS, because if you don't score said 20 hits, you keep shooting until you do, or your eyes freeze shut from the tears. Now you haul some butt to the brain game #1. It's a thinker.

Then, shotgun time. You'll be shooting your shotgun of choice at targets about 25 yards away. 5 hits per member or dislocated shoulder, your choice. Proof of shoulder dislocation must be given.

Mind game #2. Maybe you'll feel the pain of your lungs begging for mercy, maybe you'll get to go directly to the pistols.

PISTOLS AT DAWN! Set up ~25 feet from you will be targets of some sort. Hopefully steel. Maybe bottles of water, probably copies of Beastly's poems. Shoot them with reckless disregard for their safety. Keep shooting until you both hit them all. Maybe twice. If you can't hit them all, we're back to that tears thing.

Done already? Are you sure? I checked the results from the last run's pin shoot and I am pretty sure that some of you aren't done yet. Though some of you are probably out of ammo. OH NO YOU'RE NOT! All the ammo you can shoot son! Ok, now you are done (done listening to me ramble), SPRINT FOR HOME. By running your sorry ass around the pond on the way to the lodge for more of the dulcet tones of Boris reading "Don't fear the reaper" in Russian.

But Sweetheap (you're not funny, my Jeeps -are- sweet), that sounds like it only took about 10 minutes or so, maybe less, since I am a baller of a shot and you are dumb so the mind game was easy. Yeah, well mom, you better rest up because your ass is going to be out there doing it again in a few minutes! Depending on turnout and ammo:wallet ratio, maybe a 3rd time. YEAH!

So for those who couldn't tolerate my ramblings (Mom) -

You can shoot any - ANY - calibers you want.
Your packout will have a minimum weight however. So you won't be saving anything if you go all .22. You'll just look like a jackass.
ONE shooter at a time per team. So your team can all share a rifle/shotty/pistol if you want. It's winter, we will have confined quarters on the shooting deck, deal with it. BOTH members must carry the minimum weight packout.
Based on the target setup, there will be a minimum loadout as well. (2-4 pistol mags, 2-4 rifle mags and a certain amount of shells). You will be able to carry anything more you want, and you will be able to have extra ammo at the shooting station.

OK, I am done for now.

What, no jumping through a hole in the ice for a Suomi baptism? Add that before the last round.

Are skis, snowshoes, or skates involved?

(really just doing this so I get updates on the post)

I can wear woodland digital camo and size 18 boots. I will bring my M1A in Troy MCS with long range tactical scope and a Mossberg 590 or Keltec KSG. I will eat at least 1 lb of bacon, possibly 2 if I skip second breakfast before the event starts.

Sounds good to me, there needs to be a point where you can incorporate some breakdancing and a haiku
Stop! Hammertime!
Breakdancing_Nazi_by_666thHeretic.jpg

I'm not clear on the 2nd shotgun part. So we need 1 for trap and 1 for slugs?
As it stands now, yes. Otherwise, it would include moving guns station-to-station. And while you're breakdancing with Boris' voice being piped thru your headphones, I'm not sure that's such a good idea...

If all goes according to plan I will be partnering up with my brother (who isn't really a shooter). I expect he'll be at the rifle range for a while, and will most likely run out of mags. Can I load mags for him as he's shooting, or will he be completely on his own for that station? Is the pistol range also going to be 1 at a time, or a team event like the last race (am I going to be able to clean up his targets after I shoot mine)? Can I use an AR pistol for that course?

where is alex? we need him in here. I NEED HIM.

and you guys who haven't met midnight--not only will he eat bacon, he'll just eat the entire pig. dude's huge.

also this:

20121023strip231thedanc.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Attachments

• brassdance2.jpg
    brassdance2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 157
  • brassdance1.jpg
    brassdance1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
team bananas in pajamas is back. if my body will continue to be awesome with a face and head full of poison (oh, ok--toxin) i am ready for the challenges ahead of me.

If all goes according to plan I will be partnering up with my brother (who isn't really a shooter). I expect he'll be at the rifle range for a while, and will most likely run out of mags. Can I load mags for him as he's shooting, or will he be completely on his own for that station? Is the pistol range also going to be 1 at a time, or a team event like the last race (am I going to be able to clean up his targets after I shoot mine)? Can I use an AR pistol for that course?

Yes you can reload for him, but you/he will need to carry the minimum amount of ammo on him. The pistol portion will also be one at a time. I can't see us being capable of having enough targets/scorers for 2 people (per team) to shoot at the same time. Each team will have their own target set.

AR pistol.. if you are shooting .223, no. I am hoping that steel will be ready for the run, and .223 at 25 yards is a recipe for holes in the targets. Holes in the targets will make me very very upset.

i'd be bringing my 590. i'll shoot with the bayonet on. IDGAF.

i'm on the board of one of the largest skeet and trap clubs in the state and i have shot skeet only once in my life, and it was over 10 years ago.

can someone start a thread or find one that explains in all the gory details the difference between shotties for trap and skeet and what is available to peons in PRM and why can't you use a semi-auto etc.

can someone start a thread or find one that explains in all the gory details the difference between shotties for trap and skeet and what is available to peons in PRM and why can't you use a semi-auto etc.

Dedicated trap guns are usually single or O/U (though not always). They generally have longer heavier barrels, and the way the vented rib on the top is angled can be different. Skeet guns are usually shorter, lighter guns in either O/U or auto. I've only ever shot 1 dedicated sporting clays gun, and it was short, light and had no sights (on purpose).

All of those games can be and have been shot with run of the mill pumps and auto's. You could go out and get a shotgun that would fit the game parameters in Mass for probably less than what you're going to spend on ammo and the entry fee for the event (it just might not be all tactakilly).

You can't use a semi auto for trap?? I generally am an 8:1 trap kind of guy.. 8 rounds per one time thrown off the range.

can i come? im usually good for 19 out of 25 on the trap range with my 22" 3gun 930.

please make this a date i can attend.

Can there be relay style to this for multiple team mates? I think my wife, father-in-law and brother might all want to attend, but no more than one lap each. I would like to do at least two laps, so with relay style, I could do lap 1 with wife, lap 2 with father-in-law.

Possible?

Can there be relay style to this for multiple team mates? I think my wife, father-in-law and brother might all want to attend, but no more than one lap each. I would like to do at least two laps, so with relay style, I could do lap 1 with wife, lap 2 with father-in-law.

Possible?

uuhhh... The powers that be will have to discuss this.

- - - Updated - - -

can we skip the shotgun portion?

No one is going to force you to prove that you can't hit a neon orange frisbee. But this part is essential to the course. We can figure out something that will suitably embarrass you.

Back
Top Bottom