Hora Dolor - WINTER FAILINGS! (Excitement/Primer thread)

I am surprised at the number of people who are faltering over the shotgun and trap portion of this. I guess I just thought a .22 and a shotgun was everyone's first gun.

so will the shotguns be there for those that don't have them?

Working on that. Our friends at Acme Armament have volunteered to help in any way possible. Adam also was very insistent that a .50 cal is the same caliber as a 12g.. as such he should be allowed to use one. I have to admit, he presents a very solid argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a jolly old time. I do think that a counted criss stitch, or embroidery stage would be a great addition. I'd like to try this...

Dude.. quit spoliling the fun. That is part of Beastly's poetry reading!

- - - Updated - - -

I am surprised at the number of people who are faltering over the shotgun and trap portion of this. I guess I just thought a .22 and a shotgun was everyone's first gun.

If it was meant to be easy.... :) Personally, I SUCK at trap. I scream "THEY'RE COMING RIGHT FOR ME" and then shoot the box of clays.

Sounds like a jolly old time. I do think that a counted criss stitch, or embroidery stage would be a great addition. I'd like to try this...

I will kick your ass at counted cross-stitch, knitting, or spinning. [wink]

Dude.. quit spoliling the fun. That is part of Beastly's poetry reading!

No fair having needlecrafts and not letting me participate! How come Beastly gets to have all the fun? I will protest, and blow the airhorns during his reading if this is not rectified!!!! [angry]

No fair having needlecrafts and not letting me participate! How come Beastly gets to have all the fun? I will protest, and blow the airhorns during his reading if this is not rectified!!!! [angry]
no no no silly pants. This will be an auxiliary competition during the poetry! While everyone is listening to poetry and sipping their double half caf latte mocha chipwhich some will be participating in a winner take bloodletting needlecraft

I need a partner and I have a moose hat! Any takers? Midnight412?

I have a AK, AR, .45 pistols, and an Ithica 37 deerslayer (but I have a bird barrel for it) Bring it. (Send it)

Last edited:
Working on that. Our friends at Acme Armament have volunteered to help in any way possible. Adam also was very insistent that a .50 cal is the same caliber as a 12g.. as such he should be allowed to use one. I have to admit, he presents a very solid argument.

if you got enough targets, because those are not going to last [laugh] ... also, I don't care if you have to shoot off hand, I saw Adam shoulder 1919 like it was 10/22

I will kick your ass at counted cross-stitch, knitting, or spinning. [wink]

you'll have some stiff competition in the knitting department, I have been knitting since childhood ... calms down nerves.

demman101.jpg

you'll have some stiff competition in the knitting department, I have been knitting since childhood ... calms down nerves.

demman101.jpg

[laugh] I love that movie.

I taught myself how to knit on deployment to kill the boredom of 12 hour watches.

Pardon the noob question, but how does the gear move from station to station? Am I leaving the poetry reading with my shotgun, rifle, pistol and all my ammo?

Pardon the noob question, but how does the gear move from station to station? Am I leaving the poetry reading with my shotgun, rifle, pistol and all my ammo?

Firearms were left at the station they were used at last time. Everything else, (mags, ammo, knife, rope, canteen, knitting needles) is carried however you choose to. Pants pockets, partners skirt, chest rig assembled from your Army - Navy surplus store, etc.

And you could also wait for more details to arrive from the organizers, as they are good with that type of information.

Firearms were left at the station they were used at last time. Everything else, (mags, ammo, knife, rope, canteen, knitting needles) is carried however you choose to. Pants pockets, partners skirt, chest rig assembled from your Army - Navy surplus store, etc.

And you could also wait for more details to arrive from the organizers, as they are good with that type of information.

<nudges sweetjeep> "see, I told you he was the smart one. We need to slow that one down somehow. I know....BLT's" [rofl2]

As we get nearer, more details will come out, more info, more threats [wink]. And, think about it.....it'll be more time for you to practice your stichwork, poetry and crappy you-think-you-can-shoot blubbering...hehe.

All in good time. Until then, Beastly has the floor with some of his poetry, let's give him a big hand....! Leave the Man from Nantucket out this time, will ya? [laugh]

Last edited:

Thanks, was just wondering since my shotgun doesn't have a sling, would be an awkward run. :)

I need a partner and I have a moose hat! Any takers? Midnight412?

I have a AK, AR, .45 pistols, and an Ithica 37 deerslayer (but I have a bird barrel for it) Bring it. (Send it)

Sure... Are you in for certain? My father-in-law seemed pretty excited about it when I asked him Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure... Are you in for certain? My father-in-law seemed pretty excited about it when I asked him Saturday.

Depends on the weekend. Go with your FIL. You'll have fun. I'll wait for someone else without a parner. Thanks for thinking of me.

- - - Updated - - -

Pants pockets, partners skirt, chest rig assembled from your Army - Navy surplus store, etc.

So, now I've got to wear a skirt with the moose hat?????? Atilla, move over.

run to a pit to air dry (wind), get buried alive (earth), and then get set on fire for a sprint to the finish line (fire, duh).

I'm thinking all contestants have packpack of dirt and rocks, race starts when you get set on fire, you run to the winter swim to put of the flames, and wind would be the inevitible round of CPR needed to revive you after you get fished out of the pond with you 3rd degree burns and pack full of frozen rocks. First person to get a shot off at a target after a trip to the ER is the winner!

Back
Top Bottom