Manual safety or not? 365X

I have a 365X non safety. Most of the time, I do not carry with a round in the chamber. I was thinking of getting the safety kit and new grip module and then carry chambered all the time. I have tried the 365 with the safety and drawing and flipping the safety down is easy. Which way should I go? Does anyone have any problems with the safety on the 365X?
The problem with carrying with no round in the chamber is that in a high stress situation, you may not remember to rack the slide. And no matter how much training you do (or think you do), you can never completely duplicate a high stress situation and reaction. Stress does weird things you can't anticipate. Or you draw out your pistol and someone grabs the frame and slide from the front. What then? Hold on while I rack the slide? You want to draw and shoot. No other steps.

The P320 was the one with that "flaw" but it has been addressed.
It is not clear to me at all whether the P320 has been fixed. Yes, SIG has changed the P320 design, but given the number of reports since then, it isn’t clear to me whether that change has actually fixed the problem.

But you are correct that the P365 does not appear to have the same problem.

So, I get the concern, but you have to learn to trust your gun and training. When I first got my LTC, I carried unloaded. Nothing in it. It took about 3 days for me to start carrying a loaded mag, and after a week of the same cocked indicator not moving, I trusted the gun to not fire uncommanded.

You want to get a CC pistol out and into the fight as quickly as possible. That means training a good draw, trigger finger control, and how to naturally have your firearm in the needed orientation to instantly have proper sight alignment.

If a manual safety means feeling comfortable enough to carry with a round chambered, do it. With training, there is no difference in speed of draw to flick that lever to fire.

I personally want it as simple as humanly possible, because when it's time to go, its time to GO.
Excellent reply, thanks

So do you drive your car with no spare? or only carry it when needed
Same deal...
That time it takes to rack the slide or worse yet,
Your in a struggle and only have one hand, Reason I went with a SA/DA
That 2-3 seconds under stress could be all that matters between you walking away or being carried away
If I felt I was going to get in a struggle, I'd have my weapon drawn, racked and loaded before anyone got that close. Training is not what need. I'm in Maine now not Mass. [mg]

P365 is also unsafe, imo - single failure point for all internal safeties is unacceptable.
this might weigh on my mind and part of the reason. I would love to find a carry that I'm accurate with as good as I am with my 365X. I have a good leather holster.

People I know freak out about carrying a 1911 with the hammer back on a loaded chamber.

But over 100 years later it’s still the norm (and for the most popular and copied pistol in the world)

It’s a perception thing.

With the exception of a few guns, if you don’t actuate the trigger on purpose, it won’t go bang.

If I felt I was going to get in a struggle, I'd have my weapon drawn, racked and loaded before anyone got that close. Training is not what need. I'm in Maine now not Mass. [mg]
I racked and loaded my carry gun two+ years ago.. just need to blow the dust off now and then

You a proponent of the movie/tv show, rack it before you storm the door?? Lol

I’m like, you are doing it wrong.

I have a 365X non safety. Most of the time, I do not carry with a round in the chamber. I was thinking of getting the safety kit and new grip module and then carry chambered all the time. I have tried the 365 with the safety and drawing and flipping the safety down is easy. Which way should I go? Does anyone have any problems with the safety on the 365X?
I have a 365X non safety. Most of the time, I do not carry with a round in the chamber. I am not prepared to defend myself.

Personally, I use kydex exclusively for carrying my striker fired pistols. I don't think leather is acceptable because it will soften over time and bend.
Sí, kydex is the way to go. Leather is obsolete and can only add issues. Nobody likes issues.

Serious question...

Has the striker even gone off (whatever it is called) while you didn't have a round in the chamber?

Oh man ... life is not a movie. Unless you intentionally go looking for trouble, very rarely you will know trouble is coming and having a gun on your hand because you think there could be "trouble" will most likely invite trouble, but probably not from the bad guys.

Think about it, you see a dude turn around the corner holding a gun, what do you do?

I think you could definitely benefit from training.

Oh man ... life is not a movie. Unless you intentionally go looking for trouble, very rarely you will know trouble is coming and having a gun on your hand because you think there could be "trouble" will most likely invite trouble, but probably not from the bad guys.

Think about it, you see a dude turn around the corner holding a gun, what do you do?

No training needed, cause Maine. The way life should be.

The P320 was the one with that "flaw" but it has been addressed.

There are still lawsuits going on over that one, although I generally agree in most cases its overblown... if I still had a P320 and was going to carry it, id be whacking the piss out of it with a deadblow hammer at the range trying to make it go off before I trusted it. [rofl]

When I lived in NYC, I knew of people who kept a gun by their bedside without ammo. Idiocy can go to 11.

Back
Top Bottom