Manual safety or not? 365X

If I felt I was going to get in a struggle, I'd have my weapon drawn, racked and loaded before anyone got that close. Training is not what need. I'm in Maine now not Mass. [mg]

If you didnt think internally that this philosophy wasnt at least 20% retarded tho you wouldnt have posted this thread and you'd keep doing what you were doing. But internally, a part of you recognized that it is retarded, and that is progress.

Just get a kydex holster thats built well (not a shitty mc douche leather backed hybrid like shitbreed or alienf*** f*** those things) and you wont have to worry about safety issues.

There are still lawsuits going on over that one, although I generally agree in most cases its overblown... if I still had a P320 and was going to carry it, id be whacking the piss out of it with a deadblow hammer at the range trying to make it go off before I trusted it. [rofl]
Can I watch?

If I felt I was going to get in a struggle, I'd have my weapon drawn, racked and loaded before anyone got that close. Training is not what need. I'm in Maine now not Mass. [mg]
The problem with this line of thinking is that you don't get to choose the time and the place - the bad guy does.

You are most likely going to be in an initiative deficit, trying to catch up on the decision making process, and the bad guy has already decided to attack you.

Having to chamber a round should not be one of these decisions.

Last edited:
He knows, that's why he isn't commenting. Maybe he's from Maine too.
Me? Maine? No no.
No Way Trump GIF by MOODMAN

Personally, I use kydex exclusively for carrying my striker fired pistols. I don't think leather is acceptable because it will soften over time and bend.
Yep.

If a person starts off with good leather, keeps it maintained, and replaces it before it gets to this point they should be ok:

leather-holster bad wornjpg.jpg

The problem with this line of thinking is that you don't get to choose the time and the place - the bad guy does.

You are most likely going to be in an initiative deficit, trying to catch up on the decision making process and the bad guy has already decided to attack you.

Having to chamber a round should not be one of these decisions.
Not to mention that more and more attacks these days are committed by multiple cockroaches and they're just randomly targeting people and surrounding them before they even know what’s going on.

Carrying a self defense pistol on an empty chamber is setting yourself up for failure.

Just get a kydex holster thats built well (not a shitty mc douche leather backed hybrid like shitbreed or alienf*** f*** those things) and you wont have to worry about safety issues.
Agreed.

When the leather sweat guard used on those holsters starts to soften, it begins to fall over.

The ignorant will poke at the leather to move it out of the way to reholster.

Guess what they poke at it with?

bad holstering incorrectly edit.jpg

Poor reholster bad unsafe.png

Oh man ... life is not a movie. Unless you intentionally go looking for trouble, very rarely you will know trouble is coming and having a gun on your hand because you think there could be "trouble" will most likely invite trouble, but probably not from the bad guys.

Think about it, you see a dude turn around the corner holding a gun, what do you do?

I think you could definitely benefit from training.
You can't get in trouble if there's no one around to get in trouble with

If you didnt think internally that this philosophy wasnt at least 20% retarded tho you wouldnt have posted this thread and you'd keep doing what you were doing. But internally, a part of you recognized that it is retarded, and that is progress.

Oh, of course, I love getting people riled up here.

Agreed.

When the leather sweat guard used on those holsters starts to soften, it begins to fall over.

The ignorant will poke at the leather to move it out of the way to reholster.

Guess what they poke at it with?

View attachment 854916

View attachment 854917

Yup... thats one of the reasons I hate hybrids.

The bigger one is that theres a bunch of bizarre scenarios that can happen with the flexing of the holster because of the dissimilar materials involved that can result in the whole thing flexing in ways that I dont like, potentially introducing safety issues. If someone wants leather they should use a leather holster. If not, use full kydex.

I racked and loaded my carry gun two+ years ago.. just need to blow the dust off now and then

You a proponent of the movie/tv show, rack it before you storm the door?? Lol

I’m like, you are doing it wrong.

I feel bad for your chamber. It's had a butt plug in for 2 years and it's never been out.

As far as the holster discussion - I actually keep my gun inside my leather holster and remove gun and holster in one go.

I prefer a thumb safety, just as an additional layer of protection. It is true that your brain and finger are the most important safety, but it's nice to have a backup in case you make a mistake. I started carrying a 1911 commander with thumb safety, so when I got an M&P 2.0, I ordered it with the thumb safety.

What the actual f**k? I went through 3 full pages of comments and not a single "Hello Maura" was posted??? I am disappointed with you guys... Come on now... You don't think she wouldn't like to post behind a name "BigAl23"? maura-healey.gif

Last edited:
I have a 365X non safety. Most of the time, I do not carry with a round in the chamber. I was thinking of getting the safety kit and new grip module and then carry chambered all the time. I have tried the 365 with the safety and drawing and flipping the safety down is easy. Which way should I go? Does anyone have any problems with the safety on the 365X?
I have never carried a firearm with a safety. 21 years, never had an incident.

Don't finger f your gun all the time. Load it, put it in the holster. Put it in the holster FIRST, then put the holster on your belt. That will take away 99% of any chance of an incident.

While training, take your damn time reholstering. Speed is on the draw, not the holstering.

The only gun I own that I'd consider carrying that has a safety are my 1911's. Don't be concerned about a non-issue. Even if you have one of those self aware Sigs that shoots on it's own, that is when you drop them, don't drop it.

I vote for no safety and leave the damn thing chambered. If you really need to use it, you might not have the time to be manipulating slides or safeties.
Most people have never trained to the level of stress that's involved with actually drawing a firearm. More than once in my career, the event started, I looked down and my pistol was in my hand, no recollection of drawing it. That's the level of stress you encounter. Some guns, like 1911's, have a very natural safety deactivation, most don't. Are you going to manipulate the safety under that level of stress?

While training, take your damn time reholstering. Speed is on the draw, not the holstering.
Agreed. I see so many people speed reholstering.
Even if you have one of those self aware Sigs that shoots on it's own, that is when you drop them, don't drop it.
Sadly, no. Apparently a number of P320s have fired while in the holster, not just by being dropped.

Back
Top Bottom