Marlboro Show September 24th & 25th

Generally speaking anything more than $30 and you're probably getting taken for a ride. (Or at least that's my limit).

-Mike

And for sub-compacts (G26/27/30...) I could make it $35, for an upper limit, though I'm looking for $30 as well. [smile] They tend to be a little more scarce in availability and I imagine that implies enough of a demand for a premium for some.

I talked to John from Liotec about doing another group buy on all his new products, he said he's definitely looking to do something in the near future.

Great to see that the "gentleman" from PA is set up all the way to the left again. This time he's selling Magpul PMAGS. And his neighbor at least roughed up the outside of his "rebuilt pre-ban" mags. I also didn't know that Glock apparently saw into the future and decided to make magazines for ambidextrous releases.

I really don't know how they get away with it.

Well, I had a successful day! Got a new AR lower + LPK, couple of G17 mags, got rid of some G22 mags and a stripped upper.

Plus I bought a saturday night special from some dude in the parking lot [laugh]

Well, I had a successful day! Got a new AR lower + LPK, couple of G17 mags, got rid of some G22 mags and a stripped upper.

Plus I bought a saturday night special from some dude in the parking lot [laugh]

If the Dude in the parking lot knew you needed a new AR lower and LPK (NES096), you might have got that in the mass Loophole too. You never know what those dudes in parking lots have.

Nice meeting you Matt (hehehe)!!! Alex!

Bill

(I also had two of those pre ban ambidextrous Glock 17 mags. Amazing how they knew so long ago they would make such a gun.

I'll be heading over there tomorrow. Don't plan on picking up much more than a couple mags, but who knows...

I'll be heading over there tomorrow. Don't plan on picking up much more than a couple mags, but who knows...

If you are looking for AR or AK mags, and maybe for other rifles... there are boatloads of prebans at not too bad prices, but everything else is pretty much off the wall, although I scored some preban Glock mags, but I'd bet nearly anything that vendor is cleared out at this point... at noontime he only had a few left.

I didn't see much of anything else... lots of people with overpriced pistol mags otherwise. I also saw some jerkwad trying to sell a preban Mini-14 mag for like $120. [rofl]

The show sucks for ammo, so if you're looking for a deal on ammo, save the $9 and don't go. Then again the previous Marlboro shows had poor ammo prices too... basically one (big) ammo vendor, no competition. (As a metric, in Concord NH Privi SS109 battlepacks were like $76. The one vendor selling lots of ammo at this show at that same product for $90!)

The chinese flashlight report was promising... seemed like they were down at least 1 or 2 junk flashlight vendors from last time. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
Just got back a little while ago. Had a "previous engagement" in the AM, so I wasn't at the front of the line this morning like usual. Some highlights:

- Same old Marlboro show - nothing really special jumped out at me.

- First time I saw the vendor with the huge assortment of body armor, and warning signs that you "should get them now before they're banned."

- Jerky man was there as always.

- I actually didn't get assaulted with any body odor this time. If anything, there was more perfume walking around, attached to some lovely young ladies.

- Didn't see alot of the Nazi shit, but there were a couple of militaria vendors.

- Lots of knives

- A number of folks were walking out with wooden ammo cases, courtesy of the boys from New York. If I recall, it was surplus Yugo 7.62 x 39 (1200 rounds for $230?). Don't quote me on the price.

- The usual ridiculously high gun show prices on everything. I guess I'm just spoiled by my C&R license, and not paying 20- 30% more than I have to.

- No line at 1:30 PM - walked right in. Still alot of folks, but not so crowded you couldn't see everything.

- Saw 50BMG, LenS and RichC

Only one score this time around. Aardvark Firearms (right near the front door) had an original Savage 1907 magazine in .32 that I needed for my French Contract Savage - and cheaper than I've seen it go for on GunBroker.

All in all - a pleasant stroll for a couple hours.

If you are looking for AR or AK mags, and maybe for other rifles... there are boatloads of prebans at not too bad prices, but everything else is pretty much off the wall, although I scored some preban Glock mags, but I'd bet nearly anything that vendor is cleared out at this point... at noontime he only had a few left.

I didn't see much of anything else... lots of people with overpriced pistol mags otherwise. I also saw some jerkwad trying to sell a preban Mini-14 mag for like $120. [rofl]

The show sucks for ammo, so if you're looking for a deal on ammo, save the $9 and don't go. Then again the previous Marlboro shows had poor ammo prices too... basically one vendor, no competition. (As a metric, in Concord NH Privi SS109 battlepacks were like $76. The one vendor selling lots of ammo at this show at that same product for $90!)

The chinese flashlight report was promising... seemed like there were down at least 1 or 2 junk flashlight vendors from last time. [laugh]

-Mike

Fine, but now I'll have time to start the Patriots game-day drinking early. Happy with what you've done? [wink]

my buddy went for the first time, He says to me. "Its just a show, I mean really you walk aoriund and look and shit. I guess if you need some odd ball shit you might find it but for me was not worth the money to get in." I tried telling him you are not going to make a huge score. He was shocked there was very little ammo for sale.
I like the gun shows just for looking. in 20+ years I have only purchased 3 things at a gun show.

I picked up a nice zipper pistol case for $8.....an ammo can for $10......and picked up some reloads from M&M to try them out for $11 for FMJ 124 gr 9mm.....the show was fine, not awesome.

I usually go to this one, but, kids had soccer and girl scouts stuff to do today but still had to scratch the itch - ended up putting money down on a HVA 1941 M38 Swede at local gun shop in-between activities.

Yeah i know......Pics when she comes home or it never happened.

The show sucks for ammo, so if you're looking for a deal on ammo, save the $9 and don't go. Then again the previous Marlboro shows had poor ammo prices too... basically one (big) ammo vendor, no competition. (As a metric, in Concord NH Privi SS109 battlepacks were like $76. The one vendor selling lots of ammo at this show at that same product for $90!)

The chinese flashlight report was promising... seemed like they were down at least 1 or 2 junk flashlight vendors from last time. [laugh]

-Mike

Saw a couple 33rd mags over by the GOAL table, didnt see the price. Got a couple boxes of 9mm federal for 12$ each, was happy enough with that price, should have just got a case though for I think 290$.

- First time I saw the vendor with the huge assortment of body armor, and warning signs that you "should get them now before they're banned."

Looked like he had plenty of people trying them on, not sure about that ban though [laugh]

Any one see any Mosin-Nagants? Got a nephew hankering for one...

The ones I saw were over priced by 20-40$.

I saw an M44 for around $225

I wanted that, but im trying not to buy any new guns til after the new year [sad]

I was looking at 380 bodyguards they are cheaper at FS
Ended up with a yellow Gadsden coffee mug , some bumperstickers and beef jerky .

Where did you see the BG's? Was picking through all the mag tables looking for BG .380 mags, no luck.

All in all I walked out with a nice gadsen tshirt, some jerky and ammo, only spent about 40$ so I see that as a personal best [laugh]

Under Cover Arms Hudson Ma table had them for $399 . Another table had a new one for $389 and a used one for $349 . The dealers name escapes me at this moment

did you see the BG's? Was picking through all the mag tables looking for BG .380 mags, no luck.

All in all I walked out with a nice gadsen tshirt, some jerky and ammo, only spent about 40$ so I see that as a personal best [laugh]

Good show with some incredible deals to be had for those who know what they're looking for.

I picked up a 54' Izzy SKS for a more than fair price, sold my Norinco Hunter for what I wanted, got a great deal on a case of .204 Ruger ammo, and saw the best deal on a 16" Saiga .308 at $450!![shocked]
Please tell me someone bought it because its $100 less than what I paid for mine a few months ago and I scored a fair deal by today's Saiga standards.

Some other good deals I spotted were a Ljungman for $600 and change and a mint MAS 49/56 sniper with all the goods for a very fair price. I also spotted a few oddball Mosins and Mauser types for good deals as well. Too many to remember but like I said... if you know what you're looking for you could have scored today.

Ammo prices were fair/good as well with some decent deals on .308 and .223 but you have to check every table and ask if they have cases.[wink]

All in all probably one of the better Marlboro shows I've been to.

Good show with some incredible deals to be had for those who know what they're looking for.

Some other good deals I spotted were a Ljungman for $600 and change and a mint MAS 49/56 sniper with all the goods for a very fair price. I also spotted a few oddball Mosins and Mauser types for good deals as well. Too many to remember but like I said... if you know what you're looking for you could have scored today.

Ammo prices were fair/good as well with some decent deals on .308 and .223 but you have to check every table and ask if they have cases.[wink]

All in all probably one of the better Marlboro shows I've been to.

Yes, I did. You convinced me and I bought one of the Saiga .308s from B&K (Bamp). Helluva good deal from a great guy. Still has one left for sale tomorrow. Thanks Ray!

I did pick up one small box of .308 for ~$6 (vendor was selling all ammo for 50% of marked price).

It was great seeing all my NES'r friends and meeting some new folks today.

Back
Top Bottom