New acquisitions for April 2009!

I'm a little behind the ball picked these two up last month...but just got around to uploading the pics to photobucket today...

Hi-Point JCP40 .40 S&W

and Taurus 24/7 Pro Long Slide .45 ACP

DSC01783.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

Now I'm trying to sell my four wheeler to get myself that AR I've been dreaming of !!!

Later , Rob

Rob, how does the Hi-Point shoot? I've always wanted to fire one simply because of all the controversy they generate.

Finally got a cute little Seecamp. I forgot to get an appropriate holster though (I've got an Uncle Mike's for a S&W 642 that I can use for now). It should print like a wallet, shown for size comparison. I'll carry it when I can't carry the 642 which in some cases produces a bulge that people may want to question. Now, I need to take it to the range and figure out how to clean it (um, not at the same time)...

IMGP3741.jpg

Accuracy International?!

ETA - If so, what scope are you going with? What caliber? And where is there a range longer than 300 yards that we can try it out? [laugh]

Using a Mark 4 3x10 right now,I'll be selling it off soon to help with the S&B..

.308 ..AI 2.0 stock,Badger M2008 action,Jewell,Rock island barrel..most likely a S&B PM2 4x16x50 or 5X25X56 ...I like to stick to the 50 yard range so my fragile ego doesn't get broken with groups any larger than a dime.[wink]

[shocked] I think I need a moment alone...

I had quite a few alone moments with her,I'm spent.[smile]

Last edited:
Buggs , honestly I could'nt tell you as of yet how the HP shoots..been so damn busy with work and family havent had the chance to get out to fire either of the two pistols . I have a friend that has one , he likes it has had a few feed failures do to a mag lip issue , but other than that he's put 1500 rds thru it and likes it , always saying for a low cost firearm its pretty damn accurate..so I could'nt help myself for under two bills just had to get one

Later , Rob

finally snapped some pics of the new stuff :)

(one was from march, but who's counting!)

6" S&W 686PP, purchased @ Northshore Firearms in Middleton *great guys BTW, go visit them!*, already ordered a few goodies from Brownell's to make this into my full-time PPC gun :). now i just need a holster for it (SERIOUSLY wishing i kept that Safariland open-front holster i had [sad2])
DSC_2482.jpg

Remington 11-87, picked up off a local NES member for a fantastic price. currently it's wearing the 28" barrel (been shooting trap with it), but i've been on the lookout for a throwaway barrel from someone that i can cut down to 21" and throw a +4 tube on it :)...)
DSC_2481.jpg

and finally finished today (minus the awful milspec trigger, that'll be dealt with when funds become available), my new DCM Service Rifle :)

RRA lower/LPK/A2 stock, with a Bushmaster/CompassLake upper, 1:8 freefloated Douglas barrel, hooded rear sight, .062 front sight, and hopefully a sub-MOA rifle @ 200 yards! (range report tomorrow)
DSC_2480.jpg

Juergen,either the Police Marksmen 2 4x16x42 or 5x25x56.Reticle not sure yet.

I wish S&B had a factory outlet store in Wrentham,these scopes are expensive but the glass is second to none and worth every cent IMO.

I believe the "Countersniper" brand is superior....

I think when you get into that price range just about anything you choose will be superior. S&B, CS, US Optics, a person would be well served by any of them.

Picked this up at Blue Northern this week. Mossberg 5500 with 2 barrels and 5 choke tubes. Looks hardly used. Parked next to my HD 500
DSC05692.jpg

Also inherited this one last month, but just got around to uploading pics.
Some model of CZ BRNO sporter in 30-06, it now wears a nice bi-pod too.
DSC05252.jpg

DSC05251.jpg

Uberti 1866 Yellowboy Carbine in 44-40. I've had my eye on this thing for awhile now, finally decided to pick it up today. Can't wait to shoot it! Got 500rnds of 44-40 coming in a week or so.

Aw man, that is nice. Is that by any chance the one at Collector's in Stoneham? I have been eyeing one there. I recently picked up a Ruger Vaquero in .44-40 and have just started reloading for it. IMR Trailboss powder works well. Please post a range report.

I believe the "Countersniper" brand is superior....

Yes,it is used by sniper teams in conflicts all over the world.I also read that in an attempt to reduce the costs of military operations,Obama will now strip the USMS snipers of their S&B's and replace them with Countersniper models..According to Obama,there is no difference between the two scopes.

Being as you advised me in the purchase of this rifle,I will have to bow to your superior knowledge in scopes as well.

f*** S&B,Countersniper it is!

Serious mode..Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Last edited:
Yes,it is used by sniper teams in conflicts all over the world.

Being as you advised me in the purchase of this rifle,I will have to bow to your superior knowledge in scopes as well.

f*** S&B,Countersniper it is!

Serious mode..Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Countersniper optics uses the same marketing people as Extreme Shock ammo. They must be good.

http://www.pyramont.com/

Juergen,either the Police Marksmen 2 4x16x42 or 5x25x56.Reticle not sure yet.

I wish S&B had a factory outlet store in Wrentham,these scopes are expensive but the glass is second to none and worth every cent IMO.

Greg, as others have said, that is one beautiful rifle!

As for "discount quality glass", you may know of this place, but I'm sure that many others may not, so keep an eye out at this URL and you might get a great deal.

http://www.samplelist.com/

This is supposed to be the demos/trade-ins/etc. of high-quality scopes at deep discount from SWFA. http://www.swfa.com/

Uberti 1866 Yellowboy Carbine in 44-40. I've had my eye on this thing for awhile now, finally decided to pick it up today. Can't wait to shoot it! Got 500rnds of 44-40 coming in a week or so.

Nice! Glad to see you went with our advice and picked it up![wink] Can't wait to hear how she shoots!

Also, I'll have your EOD multi-tools in my hand sometime this week... Saturday at the very latest.

Greg, as others have said, that is one beautiful rifle!

As for "discount quality glass", you may know of this place, but I'm sure that many others may not, so keep an eye out at this URL and you might get a great deal.

http://www.samplelist.com/

This is supposed to be the demos/trade-ins/etc. of high-quality scopes at deep discount from SWFA. http://www.swfa.com/

+1 on samplelist.com. I got my ACOG from them and it was like new, the price was great and they were good to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom