• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for July 2008

Russian soldiers were issued one set of tools to take into combat. It consisted of a small pouch with a canvas tie strap. Inside was a muzzle protector, jag, handle set for the cleaning rod, and take down/firing pin protrusion tool.

100_0749.jpg

100_0751.jpg

These sets normally come with Mosin rifles and are often in a plastic bag and tucked away inside one of the ammo pouch compartments along with a Russian marked oiler in the other.

They're getting harder to find lately it seems, especially since R Guns started importing Mosins.

For some funny reason I got everything in that kit but the pouch.

As for donating a SKS He should donate one to me while hes at it [smile] (our chances arent very good).

Here is what I got today

1) Mosin Nagant M44 dated 1943. Izhevsk marked. It has a crapy R-Guns import mark on it. Overall a nice gun

DSC05420.jpg

2) Yugo M59-66 SKS. I traded a Remington 870 shotgun that I didn't own for very much for this. It is in excellent condition. Very little bluing wear. It looks like it was made in 1980 at some point.

DSC05419.jpg

Here is what I got today

1) Mosin Nagant M44 dated 1943. Izhevsk marked. It has a crapy R-Guns import mark on it. Overall a nice gun

I'd like to know what they were thinking when they added those import stamps.

Mine has it too.

Oh well, theres always cold blue. [smile]

They where conforming to the Gov standareds. Maybe someday we will find a non import marked one.

Now that'd be a real rarity.

I should have mentioned what were they thinking when they put them so large on the receiver instead of on the barrel near the muzzle but I'm guessing that was due to new Govt. policy.

Indeed. All we hear is what Cr@p they are (mostly from people who don't actually own them). I am interested to hear how it treats you. Range reports expected.

Just put one hundred rounds through it.
Not a hiccup. I do have one complaint about the ambidextrous thumb safety, the right side appears to loosen after a few rounds and flips up, but this might be from my amateur gunsmithing when I had to cut the right wood grip to shape, and I don't think I cut it far enough to let the safety go all the way down.

Well...now you can hang with the cool kids. Looks like the finish is still pretty solid on that one. Does it have the ma**h*** in the barrel?

Well done.

No Ma**h***. It came with night sights and a handful of hicaps. Bit more than I wanted to spend initially but it's in excellent shape. Was planning to take her to the range this evening but it's a wash out.

yeah, I was eyeballing that one myself even though I already have one. It was a good deal if I remember correctly. Luckily my AR ate up all available cash and I was saved from buying #2. Really, as I tell anyone who will listen, there's just no reason to buy two of any particular gun, till you have one of everything else.

Just picked this up today!! My first .40, now i need to pick up some preban mags for this..
Anyone have some?

Glock 23 and two 9mm 33 round mags from Match Shot!!

Picture.jpg

Here is the rest of the family also!

005.jpg

What do ya think?

Last edited:
Just picked this up today!! My first .40, now i need to pick up some preban mags for this..
Anyone have some?

Glock 23 and two 9mm 33 round mags from Match Shot!!

Picture.jpg

Here is the rest of the family also!

005.jpg

What do ya think?

That's one nice looking G21 there. [wink]

I think you love polymer...nothing wrong with that though...i own 3 myself

I kind of do but i shoot them so much better than i do other guns. I have 4 other steel hand guns though.

Im still kind of hesitant to pull the trigger on a M&P though for two reasons.

First i dont feel that they have been out long enough to work out the kinks and second im trying to buy up all kinds of preban stuff incase Osama gets elected

Here's my addition for the month:

RedRyder005.jpg

Yes, that is an actual, honest-to-goodness Red Ryder Carbine action BB Gun {/Ralphie}

This is my son's first gun. Many tin cans will perish under its withering 350 FPS fire...

I love the CMP. Pictured is an IBM M1 Carbine, a Springfield Armory M1 Garand, 1376 rounds of .30-'06, and 500 rounds of .30 Carbine. Delivered to my door this morning by some friendly FedEx drivers.

cmp.jpeg

I love the CMP. Pictured is an IBM M1 Carbine, a Springfield Armory M1 Garand, 1376 rounds of .30-'06, and 500 rounds of .30 Carbine. Delivered to my door this morning by some friendly FedEx drivers.

cmp.jpeg

Sweeeet man. Good luck with those bad larry's

Jar that is a start of a great day in my book - love the CMP. Looks like you got some great history there.

Back
Top Bottom